032

The Heart's Best Mistake

 

 

The crowd was wild around her, Mona was just in front of the boys as they performed, she was just sitting down with legs crossed and arms to herself.

Hyemin was back. She was in Seoul, or have they been meeting ever since?

She exhaled and rubbed her temples.

It was just too much. She heard Mark’s car keys tinkle inside her purse, she sighed and leaned back on her seat.

“I know most of you are aware of the recent rumor about me,”

She looked up, they boys were standing in a line on the stage, it was probably their “ment” time.

“That girl is very special to me.” Chanyeol grinned, Mona resisted the urge to throw her heels at his face.

“She’s actually family, Jeon Mona and I are first degree cousins. So, please, cut her some slack, she needs it.” He chuckled at the end before the stages dimmed again.

 

 

“Thank you for coming, Mona.” Kai greeted her with a hug.

“I had fun guys.” She mused back as she stepped in the dressing room, Sehun and Xiumin were busy chatting while Lay was munching on some fruit.

“Hey, baby girl!” Chanyeol walked up to her.

“Nice move, oppa. Nice.” She made a face at him, he grinned and led her to an empty seat.

“You’re alone.” He blinked.

“Harin’s preoccupied.” She nodded and looked at her palms.

“I didn’t mean for you to invite Harin.” He shook his head.

Mona exhaled and stood up.

“I kind of have to go, I have to return the car and..find a ride home.”

“Car? M~”

“I already got my autographed album, both in Chinese version and the Korean one, so..I’ll see you when you’re not busy.” Mona said before giving him a quick hug.

“Mona, please~”

“It was a great show, guys! Thanks for inviting me!”

Baekhyun blew her a kiss before she left the room, Chanyeol just sighed and went back to the couch.

 

 

 

“I’m not sure if you’re just stupid or blind.” Yugyeom pointed out as Mark took his seat, the older males all looked at him, shocked.

“Yugyeom-ah,” Youngjae winced, BamBam shook his head.

“Hyung, things are just starting to get better between you and Mona noona and now walk back in this party with Hyemin?”

“Yugyeom, it’s not like that~”

“It is like that. You know why she left, hyung. It was because of Hyemin noona.”

“She’ll misunderstand again.” BamBam nodded.

“Look, I’ve already told her how I feel for her, I can’t dictate how she’ll respond to that, okay? This conversation is over.” Mark stood up and left their table.

 

 

 

Marti stared at the Huracan, she was twirling the keys around her fingers. She crossed her arms and leaned against the wall behind her.

“Ready to go?”

She looked up, Jin had just pulled over in front of her.

“Yeah.” She smiled as she nodded towards her secretary, Jin’s driver started loading her bags in the car.

“Is this new?” Jin glanced at the car briefly.

“No, Mark lent it to me last night. Yoongi took my car.” She shrugged before reaching out to hug him, Jin’s brows met briefly. Mona faced her assistant and handed the keys to him.

“I called someone at TGC, they’ll be sending someone to pick up the car.”

“Yes, ma’am.” The male nodded before going back to the house.

“He always ends up lending me cars.” Mona shrugged before walking towards the waiting Land Rover.

Hi jie!

Mona pushed the door open again, there was a Jaguar F-Type parked behind them.

Jin paused and slid down from the car.

We’re here to stop~ To get the car!” Joey was waving from behind the wheel.

Mona watched as Mark stepped down from the car, his eyes went to her then to his car.

“Vice President Tuan!” Marti’s secretary rushed towards him with the keys in hand.

Mark.” Mona spoke.

Mark looked tensed as he walked to her.

I thought you already left.” He started.

Actually, we were just leaving for the airport.” She said slowly, Jin leaned against the car.

“For LA, right?” Mark spoke again, Joey wanted to hit his head on the wheel.

His brother was stalling.

Yeah.” Marti nodded and fidgeted.

Disneyland will be awesome this time of the year. A bit warm though.

I know. But..” Martina looked at her palms briefly.

Jin cleared his throat and tapped her shoulder.

I kind of have to go. I’ll see you.” Martina nodded.

Have a safe flight, T.” Mark smiled before walking towards his car. Jin glanced at Mark before climbing up the car.

Joey cursed inside the car.

Mona leaned back no her seat and watched as Mark open the Huracan’s door, then he stopped and met her gaze.

She exhaled before looking away.

“Let’s go.” Jin spoke to the driver.

 

 

Mark watched as the Land Rover left the property, he yanked the keys off the ignition and tossed it to the ground in frustration.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++