New Wife and Friend

In Full Colors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Getting used to married life was easier than Hakyeon thought it would be. It had been a month since the arranged marriage and Hakyeon was back to his home doing what he normally does. The only difference is that Jiwoo is now there to help him with it. Their honeymoon was only a week, and they probably spent it more apart than together. Hakyeon recently discovered a friendship with the Jung Hotel receptionist named Jaehwan that if he was not working, he was sleeping. Hakyeon discovered that it was fairly easy to speak to Jaehwan, and Jaehwan never minded his company when working. Even now that he is not in Jeju, Jaehwan and him still texted and talked often.

 

Hakyeon now went to work, went home to find dinner already made, dined with Jiwoo and talked, went to his study to finish whatever work he had not finished before (Jiwoo would sometimes be with him, reading a book), and then he’d take a shower and go to bed. Hakyeon saw that as the rest of his life, and he hated it. It was depressing. He ranted about it a lot to Jaehwan, but all Jaehwan could say was that it was going to be alright and to hang in there. That did not help Hakyeon at all, but he still appreciated Jaehwan’s listening. There would be times when Hakyeon was especially frustrated that he would yell things like, “It’s not like you would know what I am going through! You are allowed and already have a soulmate!”

To that, Jaehwan would only answer, “Trust me. To an extend, I know what you’re going through.” Hakyeon appreciated comments like that. Plus, Jaehwan was funny. Hakyeon never knew he found animal imitations hilarious.

 

Jiwoo tried her best to keep Hakyeon happy. Hakyeon noticed that. She was not to blame for his unhappiness. Hakyeon only hoped she was also happy, even if he really was not doing anything to try and make her hap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter