Hope?

In Full Colors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The days turned into weeks, and the weeks actually merged into months. Hakyeon could not believe that life truly went on, but it was never the same. There were weights carrying him down, and there was not a day he did not think about Taekwoon.

 

Mr Jung kept his word. Every time there seemed to be a problem, representatives from their corporation visited Hakyeon. The system actually worked okay, but Hakyeon hated it, and he wondered if Taekwoon hated it, too. He wondered a lot of things about Taekwoon now.

 

Mr Cha was discharged of the hospital a few weeks ago. He was incredibly handicapped and confined to a wheelchair. His plan to continue being the head of the company for as long as possible was destroyed. He no longer had the capability to lead the company accurately, so his plan now was to make sure he left the company in a good position for his son to take over in a few more weeks.

 

Two years ago, months ago even, Hakyeon would have been excited. This was what he had worked for. As the months passed and he became closer with Taekwoon, Hakyeon could not wait to share the leadership with him. That dream was now stalled for years and taking over the company did not feel as good as it should have.

 

Nevertheless, Hakyeon carried on. He kept working, and he worked himself to exhaustion. Many were the night where he fell asleep on his chair, and many were the mornings he woke up wrapped in a blanket with a cup of coffee on the desk, courtesy of Jiwoo. He owed her a lot. She was the one who encouraged him to keep going.

 

Jiwoo tried her best to communicate with her family. Just like Hakyeon, she was not allowed to make contact with Taekwoon. It must have been tortured for her considering Taekwoon and her were as close as siblings could be. When she tried to speak to her father, all he would talk about was wanting her back home, making it clear that it was because he did not want her in contact with Hakyeon, and she would outright refuse to go back. Her mother was the only person she could communicate with, and it could only be in secret. Mr Jung was a controlling man. The few minutes her mother found to speak with her daughter, she told Jiwoo the little things she, herself, knew about Taekwoon’s whereabout. Those whereabouts, Jiwoo told Hakyeon about. Hakyeon cherished each piece of information.

 

There many times when Hakyeon thought that he could not go on. More than once a week, he felt like he needed to see Taekwoon, speak to him, but the phone number had long been disconnected. Hakyeon had no form of communicating with him. He was trapped.

 

Just like with every crises in his life, Hakyeon needed to vent it to someone, and like always, that person was Jaehwan. He knew he should have not. Jaehwan had gone through way worse that Hakyeon had, and Hakyeon had not right to spill all his problems on Jaehwan. He could not help it though. Jaehwan was always there. Even if he lived miles away, he was still always there. He was never going to complain, never going to say that he has had it worse. He was not that kind of person. Hakyeon trusted Jaehwan.

 

One day, like any day on the outside, with the wind blowing hard, making the curtains hit against the window panel, Hakyeon had a breakdown. It was a day like any other. It was supposed to be a day like any other, but Hakyeon was suffering. Sudden memories that he allowed himself to think of ravished through his mind. He was reminded of how much he missed Taekwoon, how much he wanted to see him.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter