What Is Going On?

In Full Colors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hakyeon’s lips were pursed as he gripped the steering wheel tightly. He still could not believe he was doing this. He did not have enough details to go and look for Jaehwan. Jaehwan could be fine. Maybe extremely drunk, but fine nonetheless. Hakyeon had other matters to attend to.

 

Hakyeon sighed and looked at his phone on the passenger seat. When he got to the car the car keys belonged to, he sent a message to Taekwoon saying that something came up and that he was going to be late. His phone showed that he had a message. Taekwoon must have texted him back. “Damn it,” Hakyeon cursed under his breath. He promised Taekwoon he would focus on anything Jaehwan-related, but this was an exception, right? The man said things could get bad if Jaehwan was left sulking alone too long.

 

What was Jaehwan even sulking about in the first place? That time of the year? What happened to Jaehwan in the past? Why did Hakyeon not know? On a red light, Hakyeon rested his head on the steering wheel, “ing damn it.”

 

Hakyeon entered the bar and started looking for Jaehwan. There were men playing billiard in a corner. Jaehwan was not there. There was a crowd of people drunkenly dancing in the middle of the bar. They were dancing extremely closely and in a very cringe-worthy way. Hakyeon hoped Jaehwan was not there. Luckily, he was not. Then, how about the guy about to pick a fight with another guy twice his size?

 

Hakyeon face-palmed, “Gosh dang it, Jaehwan. Why did you not dance instead?”

 

He took a deep breath and started walking towards Jaehwan. Hopefully, Hakyeon could get Jaehwan out of here before he does anything stupid. “Look, you littl’ bastard,” Hakyeon heard the slurs of the bigger man as he reached for Jaehwan’s shirt, who was looking up at the older man with a face of defiance and determination.

“Excuse me?” Hakyeon stopped the older man’s hand. “I think there must be a misunderstanding here.”

“Misunderstandin’?!” The man looked angrily at Hakyeon. “This piss bread think he got ‘e ing right to be speakin’ ‘nformally to me.”

“in’ get oveeer it,” Jaehwan growled and swayed and reached for his drink that had been abandoned on the top of a chair. He took a full swing of it and shivered.

Hakyeon looked at him with wide eyes. Jaehwan was speaking very informally. It was insulting. Instead of focusing on Jaehwan’s choice of wording, Hakyeon shook his head and grabbed Jaehwan’s hand. He turned to the bigger man, “I’m sorry for what this… piss bread said. He shouldn’t have.”

“Damn right he shouldn’ ‘ave,” The large man pounded a fist on the table.

“Yeah,” Hakyeon nodded, ready to get out of this conversation. “Let’s go.” He started pulling Jaehwan to the exit.

“Whyyyyy?!” Jaehwan tried to pull his hand away as he was being dragged, but Hakyeon was stronger. “I don’ wanna leave yet!” He whined.

Hakyeon rolled his eyes and kept going, “Shut up, Jaehwan. You have a lot to explain later.”

Jaehwan pouted and looked down. He stomped his feet to show disagreement, “I have nuttin’ to talk to you ‘bout.”

“Let’s just leave,” Hakyeon said softly when they exited the locale.

 

Hakyeon brought Jaehwan to the passenger side of the old

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter