Chapter 37

In Full Colors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hakyeon ran down the grand stairs with an enthusiasm he did not even have in his teenage years. His steps were loud, and they startled the maids who were dusting around. Hakyeon apologised and asked where Jiwoo was at. The conversation with Taekwoon was a success, and Hakyeon wanted to tell Jiwoo all about it. She would be so happy to hear about it.

 

“Jiwoo!” Hakyeon entered the room Jiwoo was at. Jiwoo was sitting on the sofa of the sitting room. There were brochures spread on the table in front of her. Jiwoo was startled when Hakyeon called her name.

Jiwoo closed the laptop on her lap. “Oh, Hakyeon oppa, what is it?” She set the laptop next to her and reached for the brochures on the table.

“What are those?” Hakyeon walked to the couch and sat next to her.

“Oh nothing,” Jiwoo picked up the brochures one by one. “Just-” She sighed and brought the brochures near to her, “dreams…”

Hakyeon looked at her. She was sad. “Can I see those?” He asked softly. Jiwoo hesitated at first and then handed him the brochures.

 

The brochures were those of American universities. Hakyeon passed through them quickly, not really bothering to look at each in detail or even their names. Once he was done, he gave them back to Jiwoo.

 

“Do you want to study again?” Hakyeon asked. He was not angry. He did not feel “betrayed” or any of that. He was just curious, but the way Jiwoo answered almost seemed like she believed he was.

“Yes,” Her voice was tinier than usual, “I never started in the first place.” She looked at the brochures and sighed. “Most people my age are already graduating with degrees. I would like one, too.”

Hakyeon hummed and nodded. He smiled and put an arm around her shoulder, “I think that'd be great, Jiwoo. You deserve it.” Jiwoo looked at him with wide eyes, unbelieving.

“R-Really?” She asked softly, and Hakyeon nodded. She smiled. A smile so bright that Hakyeon could not remember if he had ever seen it before.

“Why in America though?” Hakyeon pointed at the brochures.

Jiwoo sighed, her smile disappearing. “My father would never agree to it. I feel like it would be easier to do it in another country, and well…” She hit the brochures with her hand, “America is said to have the best universities.”

Hakyeon nodded. “Then you should apply,” He said, “to the one you like the most.”

“No, I don’t think I can do it now,” Jiwoo sighed as she put the brochures back on the table.

“Why not?” Now Hakyeon was confused. “You really want to.”

“I do, but,” Jiwoo tried to hide the frown appearing in her face, “You know, my father, your father’s health, I don’t think I can leave yo-”

“Jiwoo,” Hakyeon said sternly. “You do know you’re not doing a crime, right? This is something to better yourself, and I do not think you should let your father obstruct you from something that will better you.”

Jiwoo did not look at him for a long time. When she did, she asked, “What about yo-?”

“You should not worry about me,” Hakyeon pointed at himself and shook his head. “I will be fine. We will all be.”

Jiwoo looked at him, but slowly looked away as she said, “But Taekwooni-”

“I spoke to him just now,” Hakyeon smiled as he said it.

Jiwoo’s head snapped towards him. Her eyes were wider than before. “What? Are you serious?” She sounded surprised, shocked, but so hopeful. Hakyeon nodded, happy to give her the news. Jiwoo clasped her hands together and put them on top of . “You spoke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter