Date

In Full Colors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Date dresscode was essentially how incognito could you go. Hakyeon wore neutral colors with a fedora and a face mask. Taekwoon also wore neutral colors with a black and his usual dark sunglasses. Hakyeon chuckled when he saw him. What else would Taekwoon be wearing if not his sunglasses?

 

“Hello,” Hakyeon said and linked arms with Taekwoon, “Shall we go?” They promised to meet in front of the cafe a few blocks away from the famous museum, where Hakyeon said he wanted to go. He had always been curious about art. He never knew how it exactly worked before considering he could not see until recently. Color combinations could make stunning creations. Hakyeon wanted to see a creation like that. What better way to start than with a museum?

Taekwoon nodded and they both started walking towards the museum.

 

“They have a tour specific for soulmates who recently saw each other,” Hakyeon informed Taekwoon as they walked into the museum. “I want to take that one,” He smiled. Taekwoon hummed and nodded. “Online reviews say it is spectacular,” The stars shone in his eyes, and Taekwoon smiled at his excitement. “Should we see it?” Hakyeon looked at Taekwoon.

Taekwoon nodded, “Uh, sure. If you want.”

“Of course, I want,” Hakyeon stepped in front Taekwoon, “But do you want?” Taekwoon looked down at him with a neutral face. Be it intentional or not, it made Hakyeon feel small. He started to think that maybe he had forced Taekwoon into doing something he did not want to do. It was not like Taekwoon was ever going to voice his discomfort, so Hakyeon had to figure it out himself.

Just when he was about to say that they could go somewhere else instead, Taekwoon smiled and put his hand on Hakyeon’s shoulder softly, “Of course, I want to go. I’d go anywhere with you.” He patted Hakyeon’s shoulder and started walking to the area where one can buy tickets. Hakyeon looked down at the floor. Taekwoon rarely said things like that, but every time he did, it affected Hakyeon so much. His heart raced fast, and it became hard to breathe. How could a person affect him so much? Taekwoon noticed Hakyeon was not next to him, so he turned around and called for him, “Hakyeonie hyung, are you coming?”

Hakyeon blinked a couple of times and turned to Taekwoon, “Yes, I’m coming.” His steps quickened to reach Taekwoon faster. He grabbed Taekwoon’s hand and smiled at him, “Let’s go.”

 

The tour was taken by a few couples. All who were extremely lovey-dovey with each other. It made Hakyeon feel a tad bit uncomfortable, knowing full well that Taekwoon and him might never reach that level. He wondered if Taekwoon felt the same, but he seemed more interested in what the tour guide was talking about, which Hakyeon could not blame him.

 

The tour guide spoke about specific paintings and the style they were painted with. He spoke about the shading and why the specific colors were chosen. He spoke of the history of the painting, its symbolism, if it had any, and the artists.

 

With every word spoken, Hakyeon realised how important finding a soulmate really was. It was not only about finding the love of your life, about finding the person you could lean on. It was about a new perspective. A new way of life. Once you saw, you saw the world on a different way, and it was beautiful. It was so beautiful.

 

Hakyeon smiled and rested his head on Taekwoon’s shoulder.

 

Hakyeon left the museum with a giant smile of his face. He turned to Taekwoon, who was behind him. “Thank you for coming with me,” Hakyeon grinned at him.

Taekwoon nodded, smiling a little, “No problem.” They walked together for a couple of seconds.

“Where are we going now?” Hakyeon asked as he looked around the busy city.

“To eat, please,” Taekwoon answered quickly.

Hakyeon smiled and rolled his eyes. Taekw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter