And Now

In Full Colors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The tension could be cut with a knife. Mr. Jung and Mrs. Jung were silently standing by Mr Cha’s bedside. Taekwoon and Hakyeon stood on the back of the room. Taekwoon was firmly holding Hakyeon’s hand. He had not let it go since the incident earlier. Mrs. Jung threw glances at Hakyeon and Taekwoon while Mr. Jung did not said anything about the incident.

 

No one had in fact. After Hakyeon noticed the presence of Taekwoon’s parents, he thought a big scene was going to be formed; one straight out of a drama. Mr. Jung had a deadpan expression on his face, and Mrs. Jung had a hand covering her opened mouth as she was shocked. Her other hand cradled a bouquet of flowers that could have easily fallen on the floor if she had not noticed last second.

 

There was no scene, not even a simple exchange of words. Mr. Jung only patted his wife's shoulder and walked inside the hospital room. Mrs. Jung took that pat as a sign to follow him inside. Taekwoon and Hakyeon stood outside for a few more seconds. “What do we do-” Hakyeon was scared now.

“Let’s just go inside and see what happens,” Taekwoon grabbed his hand and they walked inside together.

 

Nothing had happened, and Hakyeon was afraid of what that meant. His father seemed to be in support of his relationship with Taekwoon. Taekwoon’s father -he was a different story. He showed no sign of being for or against. Taekwoon’s mother throwing her worried glances around the more made Hakyeon think that no good thing was going to come out of today. It made him lean a little closer to Taekwoon.

 

When Mr. jung asked questions about Mr. Cha’s condition, Nana answered with a trembling yet very polite tone. Too polite to be her. She must have realised a long time ago what had happened. The minutes ticked by slowly. Mrs. Jung had placed the bouquet of flowers on a vase next to the bed. They filled up the whole room with a sweet aroma that was unwelcomed at the moment. It did not fit the scene.

 

At some point , Mr. Jung must have decided he had better things to attend and announced that he was leaving. Nana gave a small bow as a goodbye, and Mr. Jung walked up to face Taekwoon with his wife behind him. “I have some matters I would like to speak with you,” Mr. Jung told Taekwoon. There it was, Hakyeon thought. Taekwoon did not answer him. His face remained unchanged. His hold on Hakyeon became stronger. “Now,” M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter