A Wedding Pt. 2

In Full Colors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hakyeon knew of soul mates moving fast, but never expected it this fast, or maybe he was just comparing to himself and Taekwoon, which a snail moved faster than them. However, Jiwoo and her soul mate sure moved fast.

 

Almost a year and a half after Jiwoo first told Hakyeon about having found her soul mate, she called him with very special news: “I’m getting married.”

Hakyeon was sure sure he had heard wrong, “Excuse me?”

“He asked me to marry him. I said yes,” Her voice was very subdued. She did not want to show how emotional that made her.

Hakyeon could not find the words to reply, “O-Oh, my gosh.”

Jiwoo giggled, “I know. It’s surreal. You’re the first person I’ve told.”

“That’s great, Jiwoo,” Hakyeon smiled. It truly was surreal.

 

Jiwoo was going to be wed. Hakyeon was so happy for her, but there was also sadness in him. He could not help it. Hakyeon’s marriage with her had long been terminated, terminated before she even left for the states. That was not what bothered him. It was the thought that she had the opportunity to do that. Free from her father’s control and wishes, she had the opportunity to do that. Hakyeon wanted that freedom with Taekwoon. He missed Taekwoon so damn much.

 

Taekwoon kept his promise. He had kept sending Hakyeon messages through different messages through different forms of communication; emails, text messages, letters. One day, Hakyeon even received mail order flowers. Taekwoon was a sweetheart, and Hakyeon was lucky to have him as a soul mate.

 

Whenever he felt sad or wanted to rant about anything, Hakyeon tended to pull out the most recent message Taekwoon had sent him and used that as a representation of Taekwoon. To that, he would say whatever he needed to say. Currently, the most recent thing Hakyeon had received from Taekwoon was an email. It had been sent around a month ago, and all it talked about was how nice the weather was in wherever Taekwoon was (Taekwoon had not disclosed that information) and how work was becoming harder as Taekwoon was getting closer to taking over the company completely.  Hakyeon appreciated those simple emails. Hakyeon could pretend everything was normal with them.

 

Hakyeon pulled up the email on his laptop. He placed his crossed arms on his desk and rested his head on top of them. He looked up at the email and smiled sadly, “She passed us, Taekwoonie. You would be so proud of her.”

 

Hakyeon was not sure if Taekwoon also looked for ways to communicate with Jiwoo. She has never told him about anything, so Hakyeon truly doubted it. Taekwoon might not find out about the wedding until months after it happened, and that would pain Taekwoon’s heart. He was always there for his little sister. He would have loved to be there for her wedding. It was times like this that Hakyeon wished he could reply to Taekwoon’s messages, but all the emails were no reply and they were all different email addresses. Plus, Taekwoon explicitly stated in the text messages (all different numbers, too) that Hakyeon could not reply to those messages.

 

Hakyeon kept moving forward though. Through the months leading to the wedding, Jiwoo kept Hakyeon updated in all the preparations. She was extremel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter