It Happened

In Full Colors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hakyeon could not believe his eyes. Jiwoo was standing in front of him. Jung Jiwoo. Hakyeon had not seen her in months. “Jung Jiwoo,” He said again. A smile creeped up his face, and he was still in disbelief. He walked up to her and hugged her. He was so relieved to see her.

Jiwoo smiled, “Yeah, it’s me.” She nodded and hugged him back. “I was going to leave for the hospital now. I didn't know you were coming here.” Her voice was still as soft and sweet as ever. Her hair was just a tad bit longer. Her smile, soft. Physically, she looked the same, but there was a vibe, an aura, around here that was different. Wherever she went, whatever she did, these past few months, had changed her.

“Oh, yeah,” Hakyeon stopped hugging her.

“How’s your father?” Jiwoo asked.

“He’s…” Hakyeon sighed, “He’s been better, but he’s doing good now, I suppose.”

Jiwoo nodded and hummed in understanding, “I’m sorry.”

“Why? You have nothing to be sorry about.” There was awkwardness around them.

“Habit,” She did a tiny shrug.

Hakyeon only nodded, “Nana noona is taking care of him now.” Hakyeon wondered for a second if he should tell her what Nana told him. She should know. “Noona wants me to fully move into my father’s estate since more than half of my things are already there.”

“Oh,” Jiwoo only said. “Alright. I must be in your way then.”

Hakyeon shook his head, “No, no. You’re not.” He raised his hands, “You’re fine.” Jiwoo moved to the side and Hakyeon walked passed her to his room. He motioned her to follow him, and she did.

 

The walk to his room was spend in silence. Hakyeon entered the room, but Jiwoo stayed by the door, quietly observing. Hakyeon pulled out one of his bigger suitcases and put it on the bed. Once he started putting clothes inside the bag, he opened his mouth to speak again, “Why don’t you come with me?” Nana would be busy at the hospital. Hakyeon would not like to be left alone in the old estate again.

“Oh, I couldn’t,” Jiwoo sighed.

“Please, it’s no problem,” Hakyeon looked at her. “I wouldn’t want you to be alone here.”

Jiwoo smiled, “You’re sweet. I’ll think about it. There are… still some things I need to think about.”

“Your decision,” Hakyeon continued to fill his suitcase. He could not force her to do something she did not want. “I’d love to hear about what you did this past few months.”

 

Jiwoo made a noise of contentedness, but she did not answer. It was enough to make Hakyeon smile though. Though he did not love her as a husband should love a wife, he was still incredibly fond of her. She was an important person in his life. She would always be an important person in his life.

 

“Does Taekwoon know you’re already here?” Hakyeon asked after a couple of minutes of silence. After the event that happened earlier at the hospital, Hakyeon did not feel quite right when talking about Taekwoon, yet he could not stop thinking about him, worrying. Maybe talking about him would help ease his fears.

“He doesn’t know I’ve arrived,” Jiwoo answered.

Hakyeon hummed and nodded. They were back to silence. “You should call him,” He said after a while. “He worries about you.”

Jiwoo nodded, “I should... How is he? How are you two?” Hakyeon had been pushing down clothing on his luggage so he could put more on top when Jiwoo asked those questions. He stiffened and sighed. “Hakyeon oppa?”

“Your parents found out about us,” He said softly. Jiwoo gasped. “Today, at the hospital.” He could not lie to Jiwoo.

“Hakyeonie…”

“They weren’t very happy about it obviously,” Hakyeon continued, “and your father asked Taekwoon to leave with them, which he did.” He frowned. When Taekwoon left, a part of him left with him. It always did. Hakyeon ached for it.

Jiwoo walked up to Haky

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter