A Step in the Right Direction

In Full Colors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hakyeon walked inside the building. His breathing was heavy. He gulped the lump on his throat. He was so nervous that his heart was about to come out of his body and run away. 

Before going to Taekwoon’s office, Hakyeon decided to eat a hearty meal. Not the best choice. He could feel it churning in his stomach, threatening to come up. A part of him was trying to convince him to go home, but Hakyeon knew, that if he did not do it now, he was never going to do it. So Hakyeon was not about to give up.

“Oh, Mr Cha, I did not know you had a meeting scheduled,” The secretary said once she saw him.
“I don’t,” Hakyeon leaned to the counter, “Taekwoon-ssi is free right now, right?”
“Yes,” The secretary nodded and typed into her computer, “He should be. Are you coming up? I’ll inform him right now.”
“No,” Hakyeon put his hand up, “Don’t. It’s okay. I’ll be heading up right now.” Hakyeon left to the elevators. Before he entered the elevator, he sent Jaehwan a text message, ‘Wish me luck.’ Encouraging words from Jaehwan would hopefully calm him down. He only hoped he would receive them in time. 

Luckily, when he stepped out of the elevator, Hakyeon received a message from Jaehwan that read, ‘You’ve got this, Cha Hakyeon! Fighting!’ and a thumbs up emoji. Hakyeon smiled, and his heart went from his throat to its rightful place. Hearing the echos of his steps in the empty hallway leading up to Taekwoon’s office though, made him nervous all over again. Once in front of the office, Hakyeon wanted to scream. Not letting himself do that, he opened the door instead. 

Taekwoon was looking out of the large windows his office had, completely mistified by the city colors. His trance was only broken when someone opened his door.  Taekwoon turned around to see who disturbed him, only to find the person he did not want to see. “Hakyeon?” Taekwoon’s eyes widened as if he really did not expect Hakyeon to actually show up. 
“Yeah, hi,” Hakyeon took a deep breath, getting ready for all he wanted to say.
“What are you doing here? What is it?” Taekwoon asked and walked to his desk. Hakyeon walked up to Taekwoon with his head high, not showing any weaknesses. 
“I already told you we needed to talk,” Hakyeon straight into Taekwoon’s eyes. Their color was dark brown.
Taekwoon sighed, “Hakyeon, look.”
“What? What is it? What’s wrong? Why are you ignoring me?” Hakyeon asked all at once. All his composure was out the window, and now he only wanted answers to his questions. 
“H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter