Lost

In Full Colors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hakyeon did not know when he fell asleep, or how. After that phone call, all Hakyeon remember doing was fall back into the bed and cry, ball, hide his face with a pillow to muffle the screams. It was so late at night, and there was nothing he could do. Taekwoon was gone. He was taken away from his grasp, and Hakyeon could not fight to get him back. He felt like his heart was being ripped apart. Hakyeon should have expected this, but he did not. He believed they would work out, and now he was paying the price.

 

Eventually, he did fall asleep. It was a deep sleep filled with darkness and sadness. If he actually dreamed anything else, it was gone the moment he woke up. When he woke up, Hakyeon was numb and tired. White light shone brightly from the window. Someone had been here when he was asleep, because the window was open and the breeze was coming in. That was probably what woke him up.

 

Normally, Hakyeon did not spend much time in bed after waking up. Today, he spent time looking at the open window. Was it hours, minutes, or seconds? He was not sure at all. He just stared without nothing on his mind. Numb.

 

The door opened, and Hakyeon automatically assumed it was one of the maids. If she asked for him, Hakyeon would quickly dismiss her. She did not ask for him. There was silence coming from the open door. When Hakyeon was about to turn to face the door, the person finally spoke.

 

“Hakyeon oppa?”  The familiar, soft voice asked.

Hakyeon turned to the door, “Jiwoo?”

Jiwoo smiled softly and nodded, “Maybe I could come in?” Hakyeon nodded and sat up, resting his back on the headboard. He was suddenly aware that he must look horrible, but he was not self-conscious enough to care. Jiwoo would understand. She always seemed to.

“You’re here,” Hakyeon said quietly as she entered the room and closed the door behind her.

Jiwoo hummed and nodded and stayed by the door. “I did not really want to be alone in the apartment, so I thought of going to my family's estate since I thought my presence here would not be good considering the events of yesterday,” She looked down and cleared .

“Jiwoo, that’s not true,” Hakyeon shook his head. Jiwoo was Taekwoon’s sister, and she was always welcomed. That would never change.

Jiwoo looked up slightly and smiled. She continued speaking while looking at everything except Hakyeon, “Anyway, things were… kind of hectic at my house. My father was furious.”

“Taekwoon,” Hakyeon blurted out. He wanted to know if Jiwoo had seen him and if he was okay, but he suddenly lost his wording.

“I didn’t see him there,” Jiwoo said. Hakyeon sighed and looked down. “I did ask for him, and my father said he was getting ready to leave for Busan with him.”

 

Hakyeon looked up with wide eyes. Taekwoon was in Busan at the moment. Taekwoon was in the country! Busan was a big city though. Plus, Hakyeon doubted that moving him to a different city was not the only thing Mr Jung did to make sure Taekwoon and Hakyeon were far away from each other. Hakyeon looked back down. He did not know if he could do anything with the information, but he was glad he at least that Taekwoon was in Busan. For now.

 

“He wanted me to stay in the estate,” Something in Jiwoo’s voice changed. “Father was angry at me for leaving, and he is angry at you, so he does not want me to meet you.” Hakyeon saw that she formed fists with her hands. “For the first time, I told him no. I decided long ago that I was not going to do everything he tells me. It was not a good way to live, and I walked out. My mother was calling for me, but I knew I could not stay,” She sounded sad while saying the last statement. Hakyeon knew Jiwoo was close to her mother. Very close, it seemed. “I thought of just returning to the apartment, but I decided to stop by the hospital first, to see how your father was doing. He is fine, and it was nice to see Mrs Nana again,” She smiled again. “After chatting for some time, she convinced me to move here.”

 

“You, too?” Hakyeon laughed a little. “Me, too.”

Jiwoo smiled and nodded. She checked her wristwatch, “It is already noon.” He put her hand now, “I thought that it was time to wake you up and for you to have breakfast. I know…” She bit her bottom lip, “It must be hard, but I don’t think languishing in bed is the solution.”

 

Hakyeon looked down. There went the rest of his day. He knew Jiwoo was right, but Hakyeon really did not feel like doing anything today. His heart felt heavy, and Hakyeon was sure he would fall the moment he tried to stand up. He did feel a tinge of hunger, and Hakyeon was sure Taekwoon would not be happy with him not eating out of sadness.

 

Hakyeon nodded and looked back at Jiwoo. “Give me a second,” He said. “I’ll be down there soon.”

“Okay,” Jiwoo nodded and stepped out of the room.

 

Once Jiwoo was out, Hakyeon dropped his calm facade. A frown rested on his face, and Hakyeon leaned his head back against the headboard. He sighed and actually had to think about how he was going to get out of bed.

 

Jiwoo had prepared him something simple and light for breakfast. She must have known he was not hungry. They spent breakfast in silence, and Hakyeon appreciated it. He ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter