Yearning

In Full Colors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hakyeon was reminded of how he was some years ago, before he personally met the Jungs. His only goal in life was the goal he was taught to have since he was little: become the CEO of the family company and marry a woman just to continue the family line. When he had met Jiwoo, he thought that at least the rest of his life would be bearable since Jiwoo was such a nice lady. The moment Hakyeon saw who his real soulmate was though, it completely changed how he felt. His whole life was envisioned with Taekwoon next to him, and it was beautiful. It was perfect, and Hakyeon could not wait for it to happen.

 

Unfortunately, destiny was cruel. Destiny thought Hakyeon was too happy, too full of hope. So it decided to separate the soul mates. It failed the first time, as Hakyeon still had hope that Taekwoon and him would meet again. When it saw that it failed, Destiny decided to strike again. With its final strike, it took Hakyeon’s hope away.

 

Hakyeon had no idea how to get it back. It was completely gone. Jaehwan’s words, which were once his comfort and rock, now meant nothing. How where Taekwoon and Hakyeon ever supposed to get together when they always kept getting separated? Jaehwan simply answered that hope had to be kept high. Hakyeon wondered how a man that lost his soul mate so suddenly could be so hopeful for someone else.

 

Hakyeon really felt back in that spot where he was some years ago. His destined job was staring him in the face, and he had no hope for a life with a soul mate. He felt that same emptiness he had back then. Though this time, he could see, and he knew who he need to fill it though he could not reach him.

 

Hakyeon was desperate. He was desperate enough that he bought a ticket to Busan without hesitation. He had not packed a single bag of clothes. He had not book a hotel room. He simply bought the first flight to Busan and went on his way. It dawned on him what he had done the moment he stepped out of the airport in Busan. Hakyeon did not know exactly where to go. He just went into a cab and told them to drive to the Jung building in the city. Hakyeon was not sure what he wanted to do. He just wanted his hope back.

 

Hakyeon did not step off the cab right in front on the Jung building. He told the cab driver to let him off a few building away from the Jung building. The driver agreed without question, and Hakyeon was left under the beaming sun, surrounded by happy strangers; no bags, no room to return to, and just steps away from his destination. From where he was, he could see anyone who entered and left the Jung building, and he hoped that at least once, he could see Taekwoon pass. Hakyeon knew what Taekwoon looked like. They had video chatted in the past, and though it has been weeks since the last communication, Hakyeon was sure Taekwoon could not have changed that much.

 

Time passed. People entered and left, but none was the one Hakyeon needed. He was starting to lose hope. Leaning against a lamp post, people gave him weird looks as they passed by. Hakyeon could care less about them, but the sun was taking a toll on him.

 

Just as he was about to give up, a luxurious car parked in front of the Jung building. From inside the building various men dressed in suits came out guiding someone else. None of them were tall enough to hide him. Jung Taekwoon walked out, head down and sunglasses on. Hakyeon lifting his head from the light post and focused his eyesight to see his soul mate. The other man made a beeline to the car without looking anywhere but down. Behind him was his dad, and Hakyeon was sure that was the reason for his demeanor.

 

Hakyeon had to suppress the urge to call out for Taekwoon, to run towards him. Taekwoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter