There You Are - THE END

In Full Colors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, the trio did some sight seeing. Hakyeon returned from it earlier as he had promised to help Jiwoo right before the wedding the night before. Helping her was really just calming her nerves and making things were happening the way she wanted them to happen. Hakyeon made rounds throughout the whole hotel and where the reception was going to be held, asking questions and bringing the answers back to Jiwoo.

 

Hakyeon admitted that it was weird to help his ex wife with her new wedding, but he did not let him bother him. Destiny was funny in that way. After all, Taekwoon ended up being his soul mate. Jiwoo was still like his sister. He loved and cared for her, and she depended on him, too. Hakyeon was thankful that he was able to keep the relationship like that.

 

“Is any of your parents coming?” Hakyeon asked between snaps of photos professional photographers were taking of Jiwoo in her beautiful, long wedding dress. She looked gorgeous, in better in full colors.

Jiwoo nodded, “My mother is coming.” They snapped another photograph.

Hakyeon was just standing on the side, watching the photographers do their job, “Really?” Jiwoo’s family was a close family unit that had her father at the top. Whatever that man wanted to be done was done and no one could say anything about. The last thing Jiwoo had told Hakyeon about her family was that they had cut her off for her decision of staying by Hakyeon’s side even after the whole situation at the hospital happened. Then it became worse with her decision of starting college abroad. Not a single dollar was sent her way, and Hakyeon did not know how she was able to afford the tuition of the school. She was since she never asked for a dollar and refused all of Hakyeon’s aid. “I didn’t know. Where is she by the way? I have not seen her.”

“She’s a working woman still, so she is in her hotel room working out some things,” Jiwoo sighed. “It’s been hard,” She turned to another angle. “I never told you about it, because I was scared of jinxing it. She had been going behind my father’s back. Contacting me, sending me small sums of money.” The smile she wore became more realistic and less camera influenced. “I was even able to talk to Taekwoon oppa.”

Hakyeon looked at her with wide eyes. No, he was not mad or jealous that she has actually been able to talk to him while Hakyeon has had to resort to small, irregular messages. He was actually just surprised, because he had been questioning if they communicated. Hakyeon never brought it up in fear of upsetting Jiwoo since she always treasured, and therefore missed, every moment she talked with her older brother. “Wow, that’s great, Jiwoo,” he smiled for her. Sure, his heart did sting a little since he wanted to talk to Taekwoon, too, but he understood why Jiwoo had a better chance of speaking to him.

Jiwoo’s eyes softened, “thank you, Hakyeon oppa. I’m sorry I did not tell you, again. I was afraid of it being jinxed and all.”

“No need for apologies,” Hakyeon shook his head. “I understand.” He sighed inwardly, because he had wished he would have known.

 

It was an hour before the wedding ceremony. The ceremony was supposed to start just as the sun rested its body against the horizon and end as it retreated its last rays, turning the sky dark. Helpers were aiding Jiwoo with last minute arrangements in her dress and makeup. She took deep breathes to calm her nerves and muttered something under her breath that was inaudible to Hakyeon. “I think we might have to stall the wedding a bit longer,” Jiwoo told one of the helpers.

Hakyeon head that, “Why?”

Jiwoo looked at Hakyeon with a face that told Hakyeon that she did not realise that he could hear her. “I-I am waiting for some guest that are yet to arrive,” She explained.

Hakyeon smiled, because of course Jiwoo would wait until everyone was set and ready and here. “That’s kind of you,” he said as he went to stand next her. “After all, most people would not wait. They’d say, ‘forget them!’ and keep the show going.”

Jiwoo giggled, “I know, but this guest is incredibly important. I don’t want them to miss it.”

Hakyeon nodded, “It is your wedding after all. That is a very important event.” It was the public declarations of having found a soul mate. Hakyeon’s smile faltered a little.

 

Some time later, Jiwoo and Hakyeon sat on the couch of the dressing room. Jiwoo nervously picked on her dress, and Hakyeon watched as sun was reaching the horizon. The wedding was soon to start. Jaehwan and Sanghyuk and Nana were constantly texting and calling, asking him where he was. Hakyeon told Jiwoo that she should start heading down, but Jiwoo still would not go down unless that guest made it. She even told Hakyeon that she would delay the wedding a day if she had to. Hakyeon jokingly asked how the groom felt about it, and Jiwoo said that he had no choice but to agree. Whoever that guest was, they were important.

 

At one point, when Jiwoo was pacing around the room and calling her soul mate to let him know that the wedding was now being delayed for a couple of minutes, Jiwoo’s mother entered through the doors. It had been more than a year since Hakyeon had seen her, so it took him a few seconds to recognise her. She was out of breathe and full of emotions and Jiwoo ended her phone call the moment she saw her.

 

“Mother,” Jiwoo made a beeline to her mother and wrapped her arms around her to balance the older woman, “mother, what is it?”

“My goodness, I should have worn shoes with less height,” Jiwoo’s mother said as she caught her breath. She straightened up and gently pushed her daughter away from her. “My beautiful darling,” she placed her hands on Jiwoo’s shoulder, “he’s coming. He’s on his way.”

Jiwoo’s eyes widened, and her lips formed a smile. “He is?” She asked, her voice full of hope. Her mother imitated the smile and nodded. Jiwoo thanked the heavens and gave her mother a huge hug.

 

Hakyeon had stood up the moment Mrs Jung had walked through the doors. However, he had not been acknowledge throughout the whole interchange of words. He did not know if he should sit down or cough to make his presence known. Also, who was “he”?

 

There was no need because Jiwoo’s mother landed her eyes on him and she finally acknowledge his presence. The last time they had seen each other, it was not under the best circumstances. Hakyeon was not sure what degree of respect (because he obviously had to show respect) he should show the older woman. Mrs Jung was his ex-mother-in-law and if destiny finally stopped playing games on him, future-mother-in-law once again.

 

“Oh,” Mrs Jung pulled away from Jiwoo, “you are here.” She was obviously speaking with Hakyeon.

Hakyeon nodded, “I am.” He imitated the way she emphasized her verb, because Hakyeon was still Hakyeon.

Mrs Jung turned back to Jiwoo, “have you told him?”

Jiwoo shook his head, “not really, I didn’t want to get his hopes up.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter