The Plan

In Full Colors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The building in front of him looked tall and menacing. The door a few feet in front of him looked like it was ready to eat him and chew him out dead. The sun shone brightly, and the glare caused by it hitting the windows of the building hit him directly. The suit he was wearing was completely black, matched with a white shirt, and a grey tie. It was as formal as they came, and it itched in all the wrong places. He tightened his tie, wanting to loosen it instead.

 

Sanghyuk sighed. Why did he even agree to this?

 

It only seemed like yesterday that, one minute, he was freaking out over a huge test he had the next day that would count for a huge percentage of his grade and that he had not studied for, because Hongbin had decided the day before that it was better to visit the boys-known-for-their-parties’ party for five minutes, which turned into the whole night, and then, the next minute, Jaehwan was calling him saying that he had a special mission for him.

 

Sanghyuk had agreed without hearing the mission because Jaehwan was a fun person and Sanghyuk had thought that this special mission might help him get his mind off the test and procrastinate even more on studying for it. Sanghyuk clearly was not expecting Jaehwan’s next words, “Okay, I need you to go to the Jung business building thingy.” All Sanghyuk could say to that was, “What?”

 

Jaehwan explained in the briefest way possible what was going on between Hakyeon and Taekwoon and that he needed his help to see if there was a way for the two soul mates to communicate again. Sanghyuk did not need to hear anymore of it. He already had an answer, “No way, man.”

 

Sanghyuk had nothing against Hakyeon and Taekwoon. He just did not know them well. He had only communicated with Hakyeon once and that through a video chat. All he saw of Taekwoon was through the business news. He had not bussiness with them. It was not his business what they were going through, and plus, he had a test to study for!

 

Jaehwan, being Jaehwan, started to beg and moan. Trying to see if he could use his words to persuade Sanghyuk into the plan, but Sanghyuk was having none of it, and he made it vocal. “Oh, come on,” Jaehwan had said in frustration, “What can I do -heck, what can Hakyeon do, since this is all for him- to make you agree to this?”

It did not matter what he was offered. Sanghyuk thought it was ridiculous that he was even offered it in the first place, but for good humour, for sarcasm, Sanghyuk answered, “Well, if he paid my tuition, then maybe.”

Jaehwan scoffed, which Sanghyuk expected him to do, “Oh please, Sanghyuk. That’s ridiculo- wait. He’s rich.” There was a pause. Sanghyuk raised an eyebrow. “Okay, give me a minute.”

“What are you going to d-?!” Jaehwan hung up on him. “Oh, ,” Sanghyuk put down his phone.

 

He actually waited, because Jaehwan was a man of his word, but a minute turned into ten, and ten soon became thirty. If Jaehwan had actually had actually called Hakyeon to tell him about what Sanghyuk had said (which was what it seemed that Jaehwan was going to do) and he had yet to call back, then Hakyeon probably rejected it and that was the end of it. It did not matter, though Sanghyuk was a tad disappointed. He still had to study for a test.

 

In the middle of trying to get himself into studying the material, Sanghyuk received a call from Jaehwan. “He accepted,” Jaehwan greeted him with.

Sanghyuk was flabbergasted. No way was that accepted. “No way.”

“Yes way,” Jaehwan answered smugly. “I explained my kind of plan and what he had to do to accept and after even more convincing, he accepted.”

“What? Damn, , but I cannot accept that,” Sanghyuk muttered, more to himself than to Jaehwan.

“You have to,” Even Jaehwan sounded desperate.

Sanghyuk sighed and looked down. His family was actually struggling to pay his tuition. Sanghyuk had picked up a few jobs to help cover the cost, but sometimes it was just not enough. The devil on his shoulder was constantly telling him that he should take the offer, and that it should not be hard. Just do it. Sanghyuk took a deep breath and let it out, “Okay, fine.”

“No, Hyoggi, please- wait, really?” Jaehwan was so surprised.

“Yes, fine. I need the money anyways,” Sanghyuk nodded and rolled his eyes. He could tell his parents he received a scholarship or something since he was sure they would not agree with the decision.

“Sweet!” Jaehwan cheered. “Now, I still don’t really have a plan, but I will soon, and I need yours and Hakyeon’s help with it.”

“Are you serious, hyung?” Sanghyuk would have, at least, liked to throw himself into something well thought off.

 

The planning did take place. Every so often, he would receive calls from Jaehwan telling him what he had in plan, and Sanghyuk answering with it being ridiculous. After some thought, Jaehwan would agreed and hang up.

 

Eventually the least ridiculous but still ridiculous plan appeared in Jaehwan’s mind, and Sanghyuk had the privilege to hear it. Even Hakyeon hesitantly agreed to it. The plan was actually rather simple and easy. The only problem was that if Sanghyuk was caught, he might face charges for impersonation and maybe some other things. Both Jaehwan and Hakyeon tried to pushed him forward though.

 

Now, after months of planning, there Sanghyuk was, standing in front of the building, and wished the earth would just swallow him. Everything was set. Sanghyuk simply had to act through it, and luckily he had taken a couple of college classes on acting before he changed his major again.

 

Sanghyuk unnecessarily fixed his tie again. He was uncomfortable in this clothing. Hakyeon must have been lying when he said he had it custom made. Sanghyuk would make him pay s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter