Cheesecakes

In Full Colors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Do you think we are spoiling Sanghyuk?” Taekwoon suddenly asked in the middle of Hakyeon retelling a story for probably the upteenth time.

“What do you mean?” Hakyeon chuckled. Lately, Sanghyuk somehow ended up part of their conversation. Hakyeon could tell that Taekwoon was growing caring for the younger male.

“We have been talking for,” there was a pause, “around thirty minutes, and Hyukkie has already ordered his fourth cheesecake.” Hakyeon heard Sanghyuk’s sounds of complains from the background and chuckled. “I’m sure your cheeks are chubbier than when I first met you,” Taekwoon said, talking to Sanghyuk. More complaining was heard from Sanghyuk, and Hakyeon wished he could decipher what he was saying. It seemed so animated that there was no way Hakyeon could not laugh. “It’s okay. It’s okay. It’s cute,” Taekwoon said to Sanghyuk. Hakyeon could make out Sanghyuk telling Taekwoon to shut up. Taekwoon hummed and later said, “anyway, Hakyeonie, continue with what you were saying.”

 

Hakyeon chuckled and continued where he left off. During his excessive talking, someone knocked at the door, and Jiwoo stepped in. She was carrying a letter and had the biggest grin on her face. Elation radiated off her and her usually reserved nature seemed like it was never there in the first place. It was so infectious that Hakyeon smiled the moment he laid eyes on her. Jiwoo opened to tell him something, but Hakyeon put his index finger in front of his mouth. Taekwoon was now answering a question Hakyeon asked, and he did not want to disrupt him.

 

Whatever Jiwoo wanted to tell him could not wait apparently. She tried to stay still and quiet for a few more seconds before shaking with anticipation and elation. She unfolded the letter in her hands and showed to Hakyeon. Hakyeon moved forward and squinted his eyes to be able to read the letter. The letter was in English, a language that Hakyeon was not too fluent in, but he understood enough to understand exactly what it was trying to say. His eyes widened, and he looked at Jiwoo. Her smile had nodded faltered and she nodded excessively. Hakyeon mouthed, “Woah!” before giving Jiwoo a hug.

 

Jiwoo was accepted to a prestigious university in the States. She had confessed that it was her dream since she was young and that she thought she would never, ever to achieve it because of her father’s plans for her. During her time away, one of the things she did was go university to university in different parts of the world. She kept their brochures and occasionally looked at them with dreams of going to one of those universities. She wanted to apply, but she still had that fear of her father. She was afraid that when her father found out, she would be in deep trouble. Nana and Hakyeon sat her down one day and managed to finally convince her after weeks of trying to. Months after Jiwoo started all the procedures, the results now rested on that letter. She was accepted.

 

“Taekwoon! Taekwoon! Great news!” Hakyeon yelled through the phone. He was so happy for Jiwoo.

“What?” Taekwoon asked, startled.

“Jiwoo was accepted!” He said happily.

“Really?” Taekwoon asked. He sounded surprised over the sudden statement, but happy. Hakyeon had been keeping Taekwoon updated on Jiwoo’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter