The Cold Brother-in-Law

In Full Colors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Time passed, and the wedding day was set. Three weeks after Hakyeon first met Jiwoo. It seemed far, but it was so close. The families encouraged them to meet often before the wedding. There was nothing wrong with it. It was not like they were soulmates. The families just wanted the marriage to work out. They spend Saturdays and Sundays together, doing whatever. They always went along with the comments of others, too. They would rather ignore comments like “Ah, how nice must it be to finally see” or “Soulmates are so cute together” than explain that they were not soulmates. They tried once, but the clerk just gave them a weird look and a confused okay.

 

On week days, Hakyeon delved into his work completely. It was a nice way to forget that he lost his chance to find a soulmate forever. It was not like he really cared before, but he still did care a little bit, even if his father completely denounced it. Being with Jiwoo was nice, but it was not like he wanted to spend his life with her. She would be a nice friend, but not really a nice wife for him. She was nice and sweet and cute, but there was something missing. Hakyeon could not really tell what it was.

 

Nevertheless, Hakyeon kept on with his life, and the oh-so-special day came faster than he wanted it to. Preparations were pretty much a blur for him. Everything was chosen for him. Everything was done for him. It was like he was playing a role in a drama or movie, the main actor. He did not like the role.

 

“Thank you for doing this,” His father stood next to him. Hakyeon nodded but said nothing. Maids and stylists were currently working on him to make sure he looked perfect for his special day. Apparently, most of them could see, so they knew color patterns how to make sure he did not look like a clown, even though he did not know how colorful clowns looked like. “Come outside once they are done with you. There are people you need to meet,” Mr Cha patted his shoulder and left. Hakyeon sighed and looked down. He currently did not want to meet anyone.

The maid fixed his bowtie, “You look nice, Hakyeon-ssi.”

“Thank you,” Hakyeon smiled. She knew better than he did.

She smiled back, “I think you’re all set. Go ahead.” She stepped back.

“Thank you,” Hakyeon said again and bowed. She bowed back and waved goodbye. Hakyeon nodded before walking out the front door.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter