Discoveries

In Full Colors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Though Hakyeon tried to keep a normal pace on the hallways of the hospital, he was still going at faster pace than the norm. Taekwoon had to take bigger strides to keep up with him, even though he was also walking at a fast pace. Once they made it to the hospital room, it broke Hakyeon to see his father hooked up to every machine possible.

 

“Dad,” Hakyeon ran to his father’s side and kneeled down next to the bed.

Nana had been sitting in one of the chair on the other side of the bed. “Hakyeon,” She stood up and rushed to the other side of the bed. She knelt down and put both of her hands on Hakyeon’s shoulders. “I’m so glad you could make it,” She said.

“How is he?” Hakyeon asked, putting his hand softly of his father’s forearm.

“He’s better. Might be waking up soon, but doctors are still unsure,” Nana explained. Hakyeon nodded softly. He wondered how could his father be better and still look like he was holding to life by a thread. Hakyeon was not going to doubt the doctors, the only hope, but he was not sure how well he could trust them.

 

“We’ll just have to wait and see,” Nana patted Hakyeon’s shoulder and stood up. She glanced at the door of the room to see Taekwoon standing there by the doorside, unmoving and with wide eyes. His presence confused her, and she was about to ask, but then she remembered her talks with Hakyeon, and the puzzle pieces connected. After an initial shock passed through her face, she smiled warmly. She motioned him to come near her with her hand. Taekwoon hesitantly did, his steps almost as loud as the heart monitor. Nana grabbed his hand and patted it with reassurance before placing it on top of Hakyeon’s shoulder. The action startled Taekwoon at first, but then he realised what she was doing and let it be. Hakyeon looked up at them and smiled softly. Nana smiled back softly before heading back to the other side of the room.

 

Hakyeon stood up and leaned against Taekwoon. “Father,” He looked down at Mr. Cha, “Wake up.” He grabbed Taekwoon’s hand. “There’s someone I would like you to meet.” Taekwoon looked at him with surprise, and Hakyeon smiled weakly. Taekwoon returned that smiled and kissed Hakyeon’s temple.

 

When his wish was not granted, Hakyeon sighed and walked to the chairs facing the bed and sat down. There were two; perfect for Taekwoon and him. He took his phone out and saw that Jaehwan had texted and called him. Jaehwan did not know what was happening with Hakyeon’s father. Hakyeon never had the chance to explain. He was supposed to meet his friend early this morning for the departure of the hotel, but circumstance led Hakyeon to leave at night. Now morning, Jaehwan must be wondering where Hakyeon was. Hakyeon sighed. He did not feel like explaining his circumstances to Jaehwan right now, so he simply put his phone away and leaned his head on Taekwoon’s shoulder.

 

The time passed, and Hakyeon slowly closed his eyes. The night was long. He could not remember sleeping once. Taekwoon did not mind Hakyeon sleeping, and Nana was there just in case anything happened with his father. Just a little time to sleep would not hur-

 

“Hakyeon, wake up.”

 

Taekwoon slowly shook Hakyeon awake. “Huh, what?” Hakyeon turned to face Taekwoon sleepily. Taekwoon pointed at the bed. Nana was standing with her eyes wide.

“Hakyeonie, he’s awake,” She whispered.

“What?” Hakyeon blinked multiple times trying to wake himself up. He stood up, followed by Taekwoon. Hakyeon grabbed Taekwoon’s hand and brought him closer to the bed. “F-Father,” He whispered tentatively, almost scared.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter