The Jungs

In Full Colors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The idea of marriage was not appealing to him. Getting married for business purposes did not sound right to him, but why else would he get married if not for gain? Because the other person is your soul mate? It was not that easy. Maybe Hakyeon rathered not getting married at all. He could deal with the company himself. He was very close to telling his father that on the way to the Jung household that.

 

Hakyeon looked at the mansion in front of him. “Remember to smile and be nice. They have our same values, too, so you should not have a problem,” Mr Cha said.

“Yes, father,” Hakyeon nodded and father and son started walking up the stairs.

 

On top of the stairs, they were greeted by the butler, who, without a second glance, guided them to the meeting room and left saying that the Jungs would show up in a second. Quite accurate,considering the moment the butler left, the door opened again showing Mr and Mrs Jung. “Greetings,” Husband and wife bowed. Hakyeon and his father bowed back.

“It’s good that we hold this meeting today,” Mr Cha said.

“Oh, yes, yes,” Mr Jung nodded. “Please sit down.” He motioned to two at the other side of the coffee table that was in the room.

“Thank you,” Mr Cha nodded, and his son and him sat on the chairs.

“My daughter is finishing up getting ready, so she should come down any minute now,” Mr Jung said as he and his wife sat across the Cha’s.

“That’s great,” Mr Cha nodded. There was silence. The awkwardness of it all was eating Hakyeon alive. Mr Cha broke it by speaking something about the companies. Something Hakyeon was not interested in at all.

 

Hakyeon spent the minutes looking at his uncomfortable dress pants and thinking about whoever his future wife. Was she nice or mean? Was she tall or short? Was her voice soft? Was she shy or outgoing? Hakyeon was going to marry someone he knew nothing at all of. Were they even going to get along? Arranged or not, soulmates or not, spouses need to get along in their marriage.

 

There was a soft knock on the door. “Come in,” Mr Jung yelled. The door opened slowly, and a young lady came in quietly and looking down with embarrassment for interrupting. “Aw, there she is,” Mr Jung stood up. Mr Cha tapped his son’s hand and stood up. Hakyeon took the memo and stood up as well.

“I’m sorry if I’m interrupting something,” She said quietly.  

“Nonsense,” Mr Jung walked up to the girl and put his hands on her upper arms. He walked with her until she was in front of Hakyeon.

“Hakyeon-si, I want you to meet my daughter, Jung Jiwoo,” Mr Jung said with a smile on his face.

“Hello,” Hakyeon said formally and bowed. She did the same. Then, he looked into her eyes. Just in case. Just to see.

 

And nothing.

 

Black and White.

 

Hakyeon sighe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter