The Day Planned

In Full Colors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hakyeon looked around him. Jeju was truly beautiful. It was so different from what he was used to. Not only that, Taekwoon apparently decided that the only way they were going to get around Jeju was in the most expensive car available. Hakyeon did not mind. He did like to ride in style, though people staring every time they stopped somewhere was a big con. The convertible roof did allowed Hakyeon to experience the Jeju sky in a more personal level though.

 

Hakyeon and Taekwoon spent the day walking around various tourist attractions and taking an endless array of photographs (mostly from Hakyeon, who wanted to remember every second of this day).They played with every knickknack they encountered and talked nonsense for the rest of the day. Their alimentation for the day every street food kiosk they could find. If the food was spicy, they would dare each other to see who can eat more. Food-loving Jung Taekwoon won every single challenge, but Hakyeon refused to acknowledge it.

 

One of the things they did on that day that Hakyeon was definitely never going to forget is Taekwoon dragging him to an amusement park’s fastest and most famous roller coaster after eating around five rounds spicy rice cakes and sweating three buckets. Hakyeon hated roller coasters and swore to not ride it even if Taekwoon got in his hands and knees to beg. Taekwoon did not need to beg though. With a small peck on the lips and a simple, quiet “please,” Hakyeon was anxiously making the line to the famous roller coaster.

 

Much to Hakyeon’s dismay, Taekwoon and him ended up in the first row of the roller coaster train. Before they were strapped in, Taekwoon asked him if he was really okay with riding on the first row and if he wanted, both of them could leave right now. Stubborn Hakyeon shook his head and said that he could handle the roller coaster and would stay right where he was. Hakyeon, of course, failed to mention that his nervous state was making five rounds of spicy rice cakes rise up his system, and he felt the intense need to throw up. It was too late to mention it since they were strapped in half a second later.

 

That roller coaster ride was officially the worst experience in Hakyeon’s life. At the end of it, Hakyeon felt the inability to move any of his limbs, and Taekwoon had to shake his shoulder to bring him back to reality. With shaky legs, Hakyeon stepped off the train and grabbed onto Taekwoon’s arm. Once they were out of the attraction's building, Hakyeon decided to swallow up his pride completely and voiced his bodily discomforts.

 

Taekwoon sat him down on a bench next to a trash can and sat next to him, putting an arm around his shoulder. Hakyeon smiled and layed his head on Taekwoon’s shoulder. He was already feeling much better. “Are you feeling better now?” Taekwoon asked him as he leaned his head against Hakyeon’s.

“No,”Hakyeon lied and shook his head. He wanted this to last as long as possible. He let out a fake groan and let himself fall from Taekwoon’s shoulder to his lap. Taekwoon gingerly ran his fingers through Hakyeon’s hair, and Hakyeon smiled softly and happily leaned to the touch.

“That’s okay,” Taekwoon said, “But if you still feel nauseated, move.”

Hakyeon chuckled, “I don’t.” He moved a little to make himself more comfortable and stayed quiet, enjoying the moment as best as he could. He could happily fall asleep.

 

When the sun was noticeably going down and sky was turning orange, Hakyeon remembered what Jaehwan had told him in the morning. Taekwoon and him were not far off from the place Jaehwan had told him, and he was seriously considering going there. Hakyeon did not consider himself a romantic, but the way Jaehwan described made it sound like an amazing way to end an amazing day. Hakyeon wanted that. So, after eating fish cakes for the hundredth time that day, Hakyeon convinced Taekwoon to leave the place they were at for the beach.

 

The sun was sitting over the horizon when Taekwoon and Hakyeon arrived at the destination. Taekwoon insisted they had a nice view from where they were parked, but Hakyeon, following Jaehwan’s words, argued that they would have a better view if they went to the rocks. At the end of the meaningless squabble, Taekwoon sighed and went along with Hakyeon’s plan.

 

The way to the rocks down at the beach was not direct. Hakyeon and Taekwoon had to walk around the old, so-called “parking lot” (it was really sand, some palm trees, and chipped white picket fence surrounding it) to find a way to access the beach. Jaehwan had failed to mention that this area was not part of the public beach, and it was recommended to the public to not stay too long down there where the water was.

 

That was not going to stop Hakyeon though. After quick but thorough search of the area, he was able to find some hiking trail that led to the actual beach. Taekwoon and he walked down the trail and into the shores of the beach. The next step was climbing around the rocks to find one that was perfect for the two of them to sit on.

 

That was the part Taekwoon did not like of the whole plan. “You do know this is completely dangerous, right?” Taekwoon said as he clambered from one slippery rock to the other.

“Yes,” Hakyeon laughed awkwardly but tried to hide it. He was not going to regret going out here. He did not want to hear “I told you so” from Taekwoon, “But it’s worth it.” He was going to scream at Jaehwan the next time he saw him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter