There Is a Secret

In Full Colors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It took some time, but after non-stop calling and messaging from both Hakyeon and Taekwoon, Jiwoo showed signs of life. When Hakyeon least expected it, he received a message from her. It was a simple photo of a beach with white sand and blue waters, at the bottom of the photo were her crossed feet with newly pedicured toes, with a text that read: ‘I turned my phone on and the first thing I receive are a million calls. Goodness… Might as well answer your questions. Yes, I am okay and chilling at a coastal country somewhere having the time of my life. Thank you for worrying!’ and a smiley emoticon. Hakyeon sighed in big relief and sent a message back that read: ‘Glad you’re okay. Be safe!’ He was not going to ask her any questions. Jiwoo was enjoying herself somewhere. Hakyeon was going to let her do that.

 

Only after a few seconds of sending that message, he called Taekwoon to see if he had received from her, too. Taekwoon told him that he had received the exact same message and felt like a load had been lifted off of him. Hakyeon could not agree more.

 

They talked for a few more minutes before Hakyeon remembered what they had talked they would do once they found out if Jiwoo’s okay. “Taekwoonie!” Hakyeon said a little too loudly when he remembered. Taekwoon must have flinched on the other side of the phone.

“What?” He asked, still recovering from how loudly Hakyeon had said his name.

“Sorry,” Hakyeon chuckled a little bit, “I just remembered what we had said we would do after we find out where Jiwoo is.” Taekwoon’s silence was an indicator that he did not quite remember what Hakyeon was talking about. Hakyeon sighed and rolled his eyes, kind of hurt that Taekwoon did not remember, kind of understanding that that conversation happened some time ago and might not be as easily recallable. “You said we could go to Jeju once we find out if Jiwoo is okay. She is.”

Taekwoon was still quiet, recalling, Hakyeon hoped, what he was talking about. “Oh,” The moment of realisation hit, “I remember. Yes, yes.”

Hakyeon grinned, “We need to start planning it.”

Taekwoon hummed, “You said you wanted to got to Jeju? Why Jeju again?”

“Best friend lives there,” Hakyeon informed him again, “I’d like to see him.”

“Oh,” It was not a realisation sigh this time. “Kind of hard to get away with a best friend in the middle…” It was obvious Taekwoon did not want to say that outloud. It was a low mutter, but it was loud enough for Hakyeon to hear it.

“Ah, don’t worry!” Hakyeon shook his head and wanted to laugh just thinking about it. “Jaehwan works 24/7! There is no way he would get in between us. I won’t let that happen. I promise!” Hakyeon instinctively raised his hand.

“Really?” Taekwoon simply asked.

“Cross my heart,” Hakyeon did the motions of what he said.

Taekwoon scoffed, “Okay, fine. We’ll go to Jeju.”

 

Hakyeon was still trying not to laugh. Taekwoon wanted to make sure he was not thrown aside for Jaehwan. Taekwoon was jealous. Who in the right mind would throw away their soul mate for their best friend? Sure, Jaehwan was something out of this world, but he did not make Hakyeon feel like Taekwoon did. If he had to chose, Hakyeon would rather spend his afternoon with Taekwoon rather than Jaehwan (then send an apology message to Jaehwan that night). That time they were going to spend in Jeju was just going to be the two of them. Jaehwan might be in the back corner of the picture throwing little woot-woot’s every once in awhile, but that would be it. Jaehwan would understand that.

 

“I’m killing two birds with one stone,” Hakyeon grinned. “It will be fun.”

“I’m sure it will,” Taekwoon agreed.

 

They talked for some more time until Taekwoon said he had some things to tend to. Hakyeon quickly called Jaehwan after he hanged up with Taekwoon. It was a habit. He had to call Jaehwan to tell him everything that had recently happened in his life, whether it be about Taekwoon or his job. Jaehwan probably knew more details about his job than his own co-workers.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter