Caught

In Full Colors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Really?” Taekwoon said through the phone. He sounded more excited than he had been in a while.

Hakyeon nodded vigorously, “Yeah!” The smile on his face widened even more. “He said he'd turn a blind eye. This is probably the first time I'm happy my father doesn't care.”

“Hm, I think he is showing that he cares by not showing it,” Taekwoon commented.

Hakyeon stayed quiet for some time, absorbing what Taekwoon had told him. “Maybe,” He muttered. He shook his head and decided to stay on track. Now was not the time to delve on that. “Anyway, what about you?” Hakyeon asked. “How did it go with your family?”

Taekwoon exhaled and said nothing. Hakyeon frowned. This was not good. “There’s no point. They won’t be able to budge.”

“Why?” Hakyeon wanted to know.

“It’s hard to change the beliefs you’ve been raised with,” Taekwoon said. “We’ve been taught the same beliefs for around four generations now.”

Hakyeon blinked a couple of times, “F-For so long? How?” From what Jaehwan told him, destiny set people up to find their soulmate. Four generations of without their soulmates sounded impossible.

“Simply ignoring,” Taekwoon informed him. “Though I’m not sure how many of our family members might have found their soulmates…”

“Oh…” Hakyeon looked down, “They just didn’t do anything about it…”

“Yeah,” Taekwoon sighed. Hakyeon pursed his lips shut. He had a sinking feeling in his chest. What if things really don't work out? What would Hakyeon do then? Hakyeon had never felt more nervous than he felt now.

 

“Hakyeon,” Taekwoon’s soft voice snapped him out of all the dark thoughts that were starting to take over him.

“Y-Yeah?” Hakyeon’s voice was quiet and tremorous. His doubts were shown in that tremor.

“Don't doubt,” Taekwoon said. “I won't give up on us.”

Hakyeon smiled. Taekwoon knew what to say, and he was grateful for that. “I won't give up on us either,” Hakyeon said back. Whatever bad feeling he had on his chest was instantly alleviated.

 

Hakyeon opened his mouth to say something else when he heard the front door to his apartment open. Jiwoo was home. “Taekwoon, I have to go now,” Hakyeon whispered through the phone. “I think Jiwoo’s home.”

“Okay,” Taekwoon said, “I'll see you soon then.”

“I'll see you,” Hakyeon nodded. “Bye,” He said and hanged up.

 

Hakyeon put his phone to the side of the bed and sighed. Jiwoo was in the meeting where Taekwoon talked to his father about soul mates. Hakyeon never asked Taekwoon how Jiwoo felt about her older brother’s questions. Considering how caring a sister she was, she was probably supportive of her brother no matter what. But what about her husband? They were not a romantic relationship at all. They never were, but they still cared about each other at lot. Would Jiwoo be okay with Hakyeon finding a soul mate? He could ask her. He did not necessarily had to say his soul mate was Taekwoon. That was a confession for another day.

 

Hakyeon stood up and walked out of his room. In the living room, Jiwoo was putting down all her things. She looked up when she heard Hakyeon’s steps. She smiled, “Oh, Hakyeon oppa, you’re here already.” Hakyeon nodded slowly, thinking of how exactly to ask Jiwoo his question. “I brought some leftovers from home for dinner. I hope you don’t mind. I’m a little tired today,” She smiled slightly and scratched her forearm.

“No,” Hakyeon shook his head. “It’s okay. The food from your house is good.”

Jiwoo nodded and motioned to the table, “Sit down. I’ll warm it u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter