In between

A Lot Like Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Good morning grandpa" Chanyeol would smile at him but the situation within the room suggested him not to. 

The grandpa was gloomy, and so was the entire room. Kai was sitting on one of the chairs with stretched limbs, and his face was so full of bruises. More to that, his signature shirt was torn and blood red. On the opposite side, Kai's dad was giving Chanyeol a helpless look.

Chanyeol tried his best, very best not to pay attention to any of these-but failed miserably. Somehow his eyes were hooked to the injured Kai. 

He must be hurting bad. 

"What happened to you?  You need some clean up and medication. Let's go" Chanyeol tried to speak in a strict tone while walking towards Kai. 

"You two aren't going any where!  Just sit down!! " His grandpa's angry voice  made him stop from going close to Kai

"What happened grandpa?" 

"Sit down first"

 

............ 

 

"You two were brought up together. And we all know you two were very close" Grandpa started "So tell me Chan, was there any serious abnormality in Kai that should be informed to us by you? "

Chanyeol looked at Kai carefully. He didn't look back. "I don't know what're you talking about grandpa"

"The chief chair of Kai is not for gay people. You all know very well." Grandpa replied. 

Suddenly things started to get clear to Chanyeol "Why're you asking that grandpa? " His eyes were stuck at the motionless Kai 

"Ok did you know that Jongin is a gay?!" Suddenly grandpa turned all furious. Kai's dad winced. 

Jongin remained unchanged. 

 

............. 

 

 

Chanyeol checked on Kai intently "What?!  Grandpa are you joking?  At this early hour?! "

Now Kai looked at him

Grandpa got angrier. Suddenly he threw a photo on the table and both Chanyeol and his uncle's attention was on it. 

"Look carefully. Soo Jin took the photo from yesterday nightclub. She was there and our beloved Jongin was doing his things" Grandpa mocked at Kai. 

It was a photo of Kai kissing Zitao on the bar stool. Publicly

 

"Grandpa, if you really ask me about it-well it is edited for sure. And even if it is not-looking at his appearance you can tell for sure that yesterday night was not one of his best nights. So he might accidentally did this. He was too drunk for sure. Doesn't mean he is like that grandpa" Chanyeol waved his hand smiling 

"But Chan-"

"I assure you grandpa. This is total bull. And do you trust Soo Jin more than me?!  Now Kai, come here. You're bleeding" Chanyeol went to Kai and held his shoulder "Let's go for first aid. And grandpa, uncle-see you at the annual meeting. 12 pm sharp, right? " Chanyeol smiled at them before leaving the room with Kai.

"What were you thinking?  Do you have a death wish? " Chanyeol immediately whispered on Kai's ear the moment they left the room 

Kai sighed

He is a helpless idiot

 

........ 

 

"Why're you acting all innocent?! " Kai scoffed while Chanyeol was putting bandaid on his cut surface "I'm sure you're behind all these"

Chanyeol couldn't help but smirked "This isn't my style. So definitely I didn't do this. Because if I did-you couldn't escape so easily"

"So what's your style? "

"Hmmmm blasting the bomb in front of the whole house-so that each and every director of Kai would know about you"

Kai froze "You're going to reveal everything in the annual meeting? "

"May be! " Chanyeol closed the first aid box "I better go now. She must be waiting for me to have breakfast. See ya soon, cousin."

"You used to call me brother, not cousin" Kai shouted the moment Chanyeol opened the door

Chanyeol stopped for a moment "Time's changed Kai. For sure" 

And he left the room

 

.................

 

"You look good today" Ri Na playfully smiled tying his knot. 

Chanyeol smiled back "Really?  Thank you" And his mouth immediately covered hers. She blushed responding

"From tomorrow you'll join with me" He spoke breaking the kiss

"Join where? "

"Join Kai. You've already enjoyed too much of your vacation. Not anymore"

"But I don't want to! " She protested. "I don't want to work anymore. I prefer staying at home, waiting for you"

Chanyeol rolled his eyes "What type of statement is this?! And I did all those unimaginable things so that you can work!   No way you're staying at home. You're joining Kai starting tomorrow. End of discussion"

"But-"

"No but here. Now I need to go" Chanyeol wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her closer "Gimme a quick kiss darling before leaving"

She happily did. The quick kiss turned into a long, passionate one and it'd continue for a bit longer -unless Chanyeol's phone vibrated

"Arghhhh" Chanyeol groaned hearing the sound. Ri Na blushed.

Angrily Chanyeol took the phone and checked the message. It was from D.O

 

"Yeol, I know you......... And I hope you know yourself too"

 

...... 

 

"I better go check the kitchen" Ri Na was about to leave the room when Chanyeol held he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter