Waiting

A Lot Like Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I try to find you,who I can't see

I try to hear you,who I can't hear.

Then I started to see things I couldn't see

I started to hear things I couldn't hear.

Because after you left,

I received the power I didn't have before."

 

....................................................................Now playing-Miracles in December by EXO

 

Three days ago

 

Kai was never so scared in his entire life.

Coming out of her apartment he found no traces of her in the street.

He thought she would return the apartment after an hour or two.So he returned back to the flat.

But she didn't return.Not even after three hours.

Slightly frightened,he called her.The phone rang in the coffee table of her living room.

And looking at the sight,he finally got panicked.

.....

 

Among his friend circles,Kai was always the calm mastermind.

When Ri Na got missing and he finally realized that,he thought of searching her at first.But thinking it might cause a massive scandal,he left the idea.

It's not like she's a child,she'll return soon.

And then instead of searching,he started planning on how to seek forgiveness from her.

.....

That day during office,Kai was a bit too derailed from his work.Before he always thought of his girlfriend during work.But that specific day,he just couldn't remove the thought of her from his mind for a single moment.From annual meeting to lunch with italian merchandiser- everywhere there was Kim Ri Na on his mind.

He really felt so guilty for acting that much aggressive with her.

He should take it slower,he thought.

.......

After the office,Kai went straight to her apartment complex.Outside from the building,there were no lights in her flat.

And sadly he didn't know her password,so he couldn't enter the flat.

So sighing for a while,he returned to his home.

He forgot that he promised to have a drink with Kris and Tao that night.

 

......

 

Two days ago

The next morning,Kai started feeling even worse.

There were no news of her and it was getting hard for him to keep calm.

.

Chanyeol came to him during lunch informing him that he was going to spend the rest of his day with a girl so he wouldn't be in the office.

As if Chanyeol ever cared informing him about his sudden leave before.

"I've things to do with someone,So I can't be in the office today."

"Someone girl or boy?" Kai asked him without even having a glance at him.

.

"Ummmm,a girl in fact"

Kai knew who the girl was.It made him feel even worse.

Many a times Kai thought of using his personal revolver to use it in his cousin's head.Who knows one day he might actually use it.

.....

By afternoon,Kai started having coffee,lots and lots of coffee to keep his nerve calm.

It didn't work by the way.

After 4 pm,Kai was roaming around the office compound.Sometimes he does this as sudden visits.I mean every office chief does this,

Sometime he does this when he can't concentrate on anything properly.

Suddenly he heard some hue and cry in the office lobby.

Kai looked at the lobby from third floor.A tall,lean handsome young man was having an argument with security guards.Guards were trying to show him the door,but the boy refused to do so.People were gathering there watching the whole scene.

Thinking of nothing in particular,Kai slowly approached to them.

.

"Let me meet the CEO,I swear I just want to talk with him" Kai heard the boy screamed.

He thought the boy was really handsome.If he were for a model intership,Kai would gladly agree.

He could be an asset for his campaign soon.

So walking ahead he stood straight in front of him.

"I'm the CEO,tell me what do you want to say?"

The next moment the boy rushed to him and grabbed his coller.

"Where's my noona?! Where did you hide her??!"

.

The people surrounding them gasped.

..............

 

Today

Kai is feeling extremely pissed.He heard Chanyeol rushed out of the office right after having conversation with him via phone.He is not stupid to ignore the fact that he must be looking for her right now,while he-her very own boyfriend is doing nothing but drinking coffee looking at the snowfall.

Feeling everything so ty,he decided to return his home.

.......

 

7:57 pm

 

D.O. was calling Kai.

When Kai saw it first he decided to ignore it.But the continuous vibration in his bed was ruining his odd-timed nap.Irritated,He picked up the phone.

"What is it now?!" he snapped.

"I thought we should inform you that Chanyeol found your girlfriend from Gangwon,in a critical condition.Now she is at city hospital.We're all here.And you might want to join us"

"Why would I join with you??!" Kai growled."Why would I join you when you all are just meddling and ruining our relationship??! You all,leave her alone! Mind you own business"

"Your choice then" D.O cut the phone the next second.

Kai sat down in anger

Did he just make a huge mistake?? Again??

.

No,not this time Chanyeol.Not again.This time she is mine,and you won't be able to change that.

Smirking,Kai went to his dressing room to get ready.

 

 

 

 

That day at the hospital

.

Baekhyun could swear if there were anything to make Chanyeol a bit normal-he would do it. Even if it means breaking up with Taeyeon!

Even losing her won't cause him this much pain as he is having now for the last one hour. 

.

"I ruined her. I ruined her. I ruined her. I ruined her. I ruined her. I ruined her. I ruined her............... " 

Chanyeol is muttering the same sentence for the last 1 hour with continuous hiccups.He doesn't have any sense regarding his surroundings as well. May be he doesn't even know that his bestfriend since high school days is holding him so tightly like his life is depending on it.

May be he is a bit too traumatised to realized that. That he was not the only one in pain.

.

Now Baek is considering of admitting Chanyeol to the hospital as well. He searched for a nurse to do so, but of course there isn't one in the waiting room and D. O. is still busy with Ri Na. Speaking of what, last time when Baek saw her, she was frozen in ice. It was a horrible scene even for him. And definitely it affected Yeol even more. Now though Baek wants to check her condition, he can't leave his bestfriend here alone either. Besides may be her relatives are already here. They shouldn't meet Chanyeol.

Not at all.

D. O. can manage everything, Baek thought. He always does. 

 

..................... 

 

"Patient suffered from sudden severe hypothermia" the doctor informed them. D. O., Sehun and his mom was listening to his words intently "It could be worse. But we hope we could save her life without losing any fingers of her"

"Fingers?! " Sehun exclaimed in surprise. 

.

"Her finger didn't get blood supply for a prolong time. It caused cyanosis. But she is having oxygen therapy,so we hope it will reduce soon. Otherwise we may have to cut some fingers of her.'

..................."We will have no choice left then"

And all of them gasped.

 

............

 

Kai arrived the hospital at 10:23 pm, 5 mins after Se Ha. He looked cool as ever. And it made everyone surprised.He is her boyfriend after all!

But D. O. knew he was nervous than ever.

And he definitely cried before coming. His eyes are way too red.

Sadly D.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter