Behind the curtain

A Lot Like Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Ri Na's POV

 

I woke up at 7:30 am. 

As much as I was affected by yesterday's  event, I need to attend my office.

And meet my boss. 

Somehow it stings a little, but that pain is old enough to be forgotten now. 9 years. 9 long years. I suffered for the mistake that was not mine. And I waited for him so that I could apologize.

And I waited for him to confess.I don't know what would I confess. 

Now that he is different- I feel numb. But I think I really need to move on. Really. I am ruining my youth for no reason.I deserve to be happy. In fact now that I think of my past, I can't believe I waited for someone so dearly that I didn't let a single date progress any further. 

I am a hopeless fool. 

Now I want to move on. I want to be happy. Really. 

I tidied myself up even more than yesterday. I need to forget him. I'm gonna work my off, I am gonna win that top spot for the next year.I am gonna be a famous designer.I am gonna love someone crazily.

And he wouldn't be Chanyeol. 

I am gonna love myself once again. 

 

---------

 

I meet my other colleagues at the office. Most of them are friendly. Among them Lee Se Ha is the most cordial one I must say.She told me that our boss is the coolest one among all. He appreciates ideas and take blames on him when someone makes fault. He also gives frequent treats.They hangout every week. 

Seems like a good team. Then why was he so y with me?????

 

-----------

 

Boss didn't come to office today. He didn't even pick up his phone. 

So I didn't get any work to do. 

My other colleagues told me to call it a day saying boss wouldn't mind at all. Still I felt a bit nervous.

Don't want to anger him anymore. 

But sitting here doing nothing is boring. 

So I decided to visit the CEO.  At least if he allows me to leave, boss wouldn't be able to say anything.

Yes he is my boss. Just boss. 

My boss

Nothing else

 

... 

 

I'm waiting outside his office. 

Apparently he is having a meeting.  This waiting room is warm and cozy. The lavender flavored air freshner gives the room a good vibe. I can spend my entire day sitting here. 

"Sir is calling you." the assistant called me. 

I entered the room. 

.

"Good day Miss Kim" he said smiling. "What brings you here? "

"Sir,my boss Mr. Park didn't come today and other colleagues wouldn't let me touch a thing in the office. So I thought of going home. If it's not prohibited"

I cursed myself the moment I uttered those words. I realized now I'll look like a chance taker who tries to take the chance on her second day at office. 

"Well,do you have any work outside?"

"No sir, not at all"

"Then what will you do after office then? " he smiled.

He has a cheerful aura that perfectly goes with his good looks. He can easily be described as the Prince Charming while Chanyeol would be the villain of course.

Not to mention villain is way cooler. 

No Chanyeol. Not again. please. 

"Ah I don't know" I simply told him the truth.

He smiled brightly again. He is soo handsome.

"Then  care to join lunch with me? "

.

.

.

"Ye-yes sir??! "

"Then do I have to ask you officially?" he smirked.

I'm blinking.

"Chanyeol wouldn't mind, right? "

 

Ri Na's POV 

....

My CEO is a nice man,I must say.His girlfriend is lucky.

He took me one of the nicest restaurent.I wasn't surprised.

And ordered fruit salad.Only

Boy,I am a human and I dont do diet.

''Eat a lot Miss Kim'' He smiled.''Don't be shy''

Well If you ask me to eat,at least give me some real food to eat!

''Yes sir,I'll.Thanks a lot''

''You know I don't like having lunch alone,so I tagged you.Dont misunderstand pls'' He continued.

Yes I know that.And as much as you look like a god,I've nooooooooooo interest in you.Thank you.

Suddenly his phone rang,He took it.

'Yes,Kyungsoo,tell me,'' Looks like that director called.

''Oh is that so? Do I pay him so that he can get wasted like this and miss the whole day??!'' He frowned.

''Ok,I hang up then'' Obviously I couldn't hear what the other party said.

After putting the phone down,he sighed, ''Looks like your boss is too wasted to attend his work.He is at Kyungsoo's.''

I knew Chanyeol was gay.

I just didn't know he was a two timer as well -_-

 

................

 

Yesterday Night.

 

Chanyeol is waiting outside Kyungsoo's house,inside his car-tapping the steering wheel.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter