Let me tell you a story

A Lot Like Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm holding on your rope, got me ten feet off the ground
And I'm hearing what you say, but I just can't make a sound
You tell me that you need me then you go and cut me down, but wait
You tell me that you're sorry, didn't think I'd turn around, and say (that)

"It's too late to apologize."
I said, "It's too late to apologize."

I'd take another chance, take a fall, take a shot for you
And I need you like a heart needs a beat, but it's nothin' new (yeah)
I loved you with a fire red, now it's turning blue, and you say,
"Sorry," like the angel heaven let me think was you, but I'm afraid...

"It's too late to apologize."
I said, "It's too late to apologize."

 

.........................Now Playing Apologize by One Republic

 

 

 

 "Go away!  I'm not opening the door! " Ri Na shouted sitting on her bed. 

She has been hiding herself inside her room since yesterday. She refused to meet Kai for the family dinner day before that. Her mom was on fire hearing her decision after returning back home.Yesterday Kai arranged for the dinner again and her mom started nagging to go this time.Even Kai kind of joined with her in pressuring  Ri Na for the dinner.

As it was getting harder to resist both of them-She ran into and slammed her bed room door in their face and decided not to open again till now. 

It's 1 pm local time. Someone is continuously knocking the door making her super pissed.She was hungry and was having a bad headache. 

 

..........

 

"Didn't I tell you that I'm not opening the door?!  Just go away!! " She shouted again.

"Ri Na, it's me D.O" A calm voice replied from the other side "Open the door. There's no one here now! Let's go somewhere outside"

 

Finally someone sensible came,she sighed in relief. Happily she opened the door. 

.

"Thank God you came. I was dying inside. Everyone is getting super annoying. I couldn't even breath"

D.O smiled "How're you Ri Na? "

"Am fine now!  How're you? I'm super hungry now.Give me food" She smiled happily. 

"Let's go Ri Na" D. O grabbed her hand skipping the question

"Where D. O? " 

"You'll see.....I'll buy food for you on the way "

 

 

"Today I'll tell you a story of my friend, Ri Na" D. O spoke driving the car. "The story may sound unbelievable, but each and every word of it is true, trust me"

"Which friend?  Do I know him?  What's his name? " She looked at him playing with the seatbelt

"You'll see Ri Na"

 

...........

 

"You see, there's a friend of mine who was a high level dork since his childhood.He was an ideal son, an ideal brother, an ideal friend and of course an ideal student! I mean the greatest dork ever the earth could possibly have"

"Wow! Ideal overloaded.......sounds interesting" Ri Na joked. 

"Don't interrupt Ri Na" D. O calmly said "Not today"

"Ok" She pouted

 

....  

 

"So there was my friend, a total ideal boy and of course a bit different than all of us. I know him since toddler days. We grew up together. As a child-he was a bit naughty,naughtier than us. But one day when he broke a porcelain cup of Joseon dynasty displaying at their living room,his grandma called him in a closed room. He was there for around an hour-I can't remember exactly.We were waiting outside curiously "

.

"So when my friend returned back to us-he was different. A bit abnormally calm. We thought it was temporary. He'd return back to himself soon. "

"But he never returned back to his old self again. My friend changed a lot since that day. He became extremely calm and attentive. He started following a strict routine at that age.Unbelievable. At that early age!!  Even his playtime was fixed. He wouldn't play one more minute than his fixed time. He became extremely responsible. He started treating his cousin who was 7 months younger than him like his own son. That cousin was also my friend and he happenend to like everything his older cousin liked !  My friend gladly gave away all of them to his so called younger brother. He was like that since childhood. My friend was like that.......... "

Ri Na raised her brows. 

Why is D.O saying this........................

 

.................

 

"When we were teenagers, we started dating and flirting with girls.Most of us who were straight. I mean everyone does that at that age, right?  We did the same. But my friend was different. We never saw him dating or flirting. In fact we rarely saw him interacting with girls !  You see, he was very much different....... "

"Was he mental or something??"

"I told you to keep quiet Ri Na"

"Ok,ok"

 

..............

 

"We briefly parted ways during high school. At first he said he'd change the school soon and join us. But later he changed his mind. We didn't know why....... And he started hanging out with us less than ever.......He rarely visited us! "

"That was the time when his best friend came into his life,yes he has a lot of friends but one friend is very special to him.... We didn't know that boy first. But soon he joined our gang and became our best friend as well............................"

"We were a great friend circle. Everyone was happy and we frequently hanged out here and there. But most cases my that friend was absent"

"We thought he skipped all these because of study. But one day his best friend informed us that he was following a girl-kinda like stalking.... "

"We were utterly surprised. Couldn't believe my friend be like that.He wasn't like that .So his best friend took me to show that side of his one day. "

"It was the first time I saw him following the girl...... "

 

...................

 

"The girl was sitting inside a coffee shop. And my friend was waiting outside in his car, looking straight at her. It was an unbelievable scene. He was kind of in trance that he didn't notice us at all even when we blew the horn !  He kept staring at the girl. And obviously I never saw this side of him before.I couldn't believe my own eyes......................."

.

"That night after returning home we laughed at our heart's content. We spread the news to our entire circle. We started betting on how long he'd keep stalking like that. The highest estimated time was 2 months, since 3 months later there was an important e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter