The past that makes you smile

A Lot Like Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Chanyeol was always the ideal type of son.

 

His results were always perfect and he was surely gonna be the successor of Park enterprise-the biggest construction firm in Korea. He knew it. And so he was different from any other school kids of his age. He studied hard, really hard. He made only a few friends and he rarely hang out with them. He was not interested in girls.

Not at all......

Except sometimes he stole glances at one very specific girl. He didn't  know why he took additional subjects same as the girl in his senior year.

He just can't explain to his parents why he took home economics out of all subjects!!

.

During his school days, he looked like a real dork with big glasses hanging from his nose. But once he opened his mouth, things were different.  He had the deepest voice in the entire school and he was so moody.  Just remove his glass and he is a god! .....

At least that's what Ri Na always thought.

Always. 

 

.........

  

Kim Ri Na was the most popular girl in the entire school, so there were always bunch of chocolates in her bag and she never had to pay for her lunch. It's not like she was short of money. Guys just never allowed  her to pay. She tried to protest at first. But it didn't work and at last she gave up.

She was a good student and her two best friends-Luhan and Lirra never failed to make her remember that not loving someone or not having some crush at this age means she has hormonal problem.

Well what else they could do?  Sometimes they just felt guilty of dating right in front of her. Though Ri Na had no problem in that. 

Little did they know, Ri Na definitely had some crush on someone.

Someone very special. 

Then again Ri Na knew crush and love are two different things. No way she is gonna love Chanyeol. Never. He is a dork after all. Period.

How come Ri Na find a dork so handsome? And that dork will never ask him. Never.

Does he even know how to ask someone?! 

The day that dork will ask someone, will be the day the earth will break into pieces.

And that girl will never be her. 

 

......................... 

 

So one fine day when Park Chanyeol, the greatest dork alive knocked Ri Na and 'ordered' her to meet him at the nearest cafe that evening during lunch,everyone was surprised.  Ri Na almost choked to death.

It was not the first time someone's asking her.But it was the first time she said 'yes'. 

 

''Why did you say 'yes'? " Lirra asked surprised.

"Well, he is harmless that's why" She replied like a robot and started reading a book. At least pretending to read.

But right then thousand of butterflies were dancing in her tummy.

Wait, what's the dress she is going to wear?  Omg she needs to manage a dress. A new one. She can't wear an old one in her very first date, can she? Will she do her hair? ..... Times  running low.

She's getting wild. 

"I'm sick. I got period. Give my proxy. See you tomorrow" She managed to tell Lirra before running out of the cafeteria.

 

............ 

 

Ri Na went to the biggest mall nearby her home that had a good number of designer stores. After roaming around for at least 2 hours, she managed to grab her Gucci ivory colored short dress and pump shoes.  Well,this cost her entire savings but who cares! .......... It's her first date!  

 

With Chanyeol!!!!! 

 

She made up herself for the night. Lucky that her parents weren't at home. She doesn't love their suspicious eyes for sure. 

 

.......................................... 

 

 

"You're late"  was the first thing that came out of his mouth. Chanyeol was doing something in his mobile and he didn't find it necessary to look at her.

Not even for once!

"Just 5 mins", she replied.

 "Anyway I'm ordering".

He ordered two latte without even asking her anything. Good that latte was Ri Na's favorite. Still she was a bit sad. He could ask her what she wanted.

 

Chanyeol knew latte was her favorite for the last 3 years. 

 

......

 

"So you're gonna be a fashion designer, right? " He asked boringly.

"Yes, that's my biggest dream" she replied."Wait how do you know about that?"

"But my family wouldn't accept a designer daughter- in- law. It's our tradition that wife must stay at home" He added. 

Ri Na blinked twice,did he mean?.......

"Not that I like you. I'm just calculating that I shouldn't date you at all". 

 

 

"Then why did you ask me today? " Anger was evident in her face as she spatted "You ruined my first ever date!" Tears started to form in her eyes. 

"Because you're the only girl that I like, in my entire life. If you consider crush as liking" He replied nonchalantly. 

Ri Na was.......surprised.....

And happy. 

"But that doesn't necessarily  make you my future wife" He is always an

"Well I too prefer my husband to be of my same profession. And just because  I came here doesn't mean I want you to be my boyfriend or husband or whatever. arghhhhhh!!!!!'' This is bad. Really bad. Ri Na thought. 

Silence. 

 

 

 

"Well, then I'll work on that", was his reply after a good 5 mins pause.

.

.

The rest of the time in the cafe was silent again. The latte mixed with salty tears was the worst thing she ever had.

Or may be the best. 

Ever. 

 

After that they started returning their home. Chanyeol was kind enough to give her a ride on his new BMW.

He actually asked his dad for a new BMW for the date. 

.

She discovered  their neighborhood  was close by. And Chanyeol knew her address. 

"It was a nice date" He broke the silence reaching their destination. 

"Date my foot! " she mumbled thinking he didn't hear. But he did.

Chanyeol smiled, for the first time that evening. Sadly she didn't see that.

If she saw, she'd know this was the smile no one ever saw in his face before. 

 

.......

 

"So annual ball is coming, right?" He asked again.Ri Na's heart skipped a bit.

Could it be?? Is he asking her to be.....? 

"I hate ball.Girls look like pumpkin" Of course he splashed all her thought with cold water. 

Suddenly he stopped Ri Na from walking and stood right in front of her.

"Anyway as it was a date, shouldn't we just kiss? " He asked. 

Ri Na was beyond surprised.

.

And within the next few seconds, he pecked on her lips.

Thrice.

The last one became a bit deeper one. 

Everything happened so suddenly that Ri Na couldn't get any of them. And when she did, Chanyeol was running away from her waving hands. He smiled for the second time for the day. 

 

It was beautiful. 

.

.

.

"And Kim Ri Na, just so as you know-you're beautiful. Always. You really don't need a Gucci to look beautiful ". 

 

 

Luhan liked Kim Ri Na since his freshman year.

 

That's the main reason he chose to hang out with Ri Na and Lirra leaving his boy gang completely.

But Ri Na was never interested in boys,same law goes for Luhan as well.After waiting for a year,Luhan realized Ri Na sees him as nothing but friend.

Han Lirra was opposite to that.She always found Luhan 'attractive'.Her heart never stopped beating rapidly whenever she was with him,either alone or with Ri Na.

Luhan wasn't a fool.He knew it.

So during his senior year,Luhan realised he should give Lirra a chance.He too wanted to forget 'Kim Ri Na' for a while.And after a while he thought his feelings towards Ri Na was completely gone.

Lirra was really a nice girl.

 

He realised it wasn't the case actually once Ri Na went out with Chanyeol that night.The jealousy inside him was overwhelming,which caused a very bitter date for the couple for the first time. The next few days,Luhan felt so confused and lost.

It affected his rela

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter