Night and Shadow

A Lot Like Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You are the strength, That keeps me walking. 
You are the hope, That keeps me trusting. 
You are the light,To my soul.
You are my purpose, 
You're everything. "

Now playing-Everything by Lifehouse

 

 

Ri Na came out of the office building trembling.Somehow she managed to put lots of bb cream in her face before entering the lift.

Still those tear stains were visible.

Kai was waiting outside in his Audi R8 LMX.His dark brown hair was freshly styled and he was glowing in his new Balenciaga jacket.Compared to that she was rather shabby.

But somehow Kai still found her attractive.

And beautiful.

Ri Na entered the car without greeting him."Just so you know,I got a serious heartbreak tonight.So don't expect any mushy things from me " She cut the crap. 

"Oww,is that so? Then I guess you had a bad day.Then why don't we turn it into a friends hangout,huh?'' Kai could surely imagine who was the person behind her heartbreak.

And he was happy knowing that.

"Just so as you know,I booked an exclusive dinner place at Grand Hayatt thinking of a date.But now I'm gonna change it to somewhere else."

"So you cancelled your date for me? Wow!!!!" She mocked him looking outside the car window.

"Yes,I'm." Kai smiled.

"But why?"

"Because you're my friend" Kai replied.Sincerity was evident in his eyes.

Ri Na felt better

 

....

 

Kai took her to a roadside food court.The owner ajumma knew him before.He was a regular customer there.

''Wow,dear you got a new girlfriend! She is really so pretty" The ajumma hugged her. Ri Na smiled awkwardly.

"Still not ajumma,her mind is somewhere else.But you don't worry,I'm trying hard to win her" He winked.

The ajumma laughed. "Aigoo,you're still that confident kid.By the way,where's Chan? Did he really made his hair grey? I miss him so much''

"Who's Chan?" Ri Na felt curious.

"Ah,you still don't know? There's a cousin of his,who is in love with a girl for a long time.Last time when he visited me,he was whinning that the girl he loved was obsessed with Cloud Strife and his grey hair.So he planned to color his hair grey.Poor kid,aigoo" The lady smiled.

"Wow,even I love Strife too" RI Na exclaimed.

"Ajumma will you stop talking about him? You always like him more than me" Kai pouted.

"No,no,no son I love both of you,in fact I love your whole gang" She smiled.

They chit chat for the rest of the time there.

 

......

 

Ri Na thought Kai would call it a day after that tokkbokki treat,but she was wrong.He took her to a Bar-B-Q grill after that.She didn't mind at all.Somehow hanging out with Kai made her feel lighter.Slowly she started taking part in the conversation.

"I really love pig intestine,what about you?" Kai told her cutting the meat.  

"Well,I'm ok with it" Ri Na smiled.

"Thats kind of a relief.Most of my friends don't like it" Kai drank the soju.

They started eating. 

Silence

...

 

"Have you ever loved someone seriously?'' RI Na suddenly asked him.

"I won't lie to you.Honestly I dated a lot.But if you ask me about love,I guess I fell in love only once before'' Kai replied.

"Then what happened?"

"Well,actually that girl didn't love me back.Instead she chose m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter