Sunflower

Day by Day

“Mama! Mama, wake up!”

I groaned and cracked open one eye.

“Haru, go back to sleep.” I mumbled, rolling over. “It’s Saturday.”

My two year old daughter refused to listen to me and instead crawled into bed in between me and her father.

“Daddy.” She whispered, poking his cheek. “Daddy, wake up.”

“Ugh.” Jimin moaned, opening his eyes and yawning. He smiled sleepily at her. She grinned back and kissed his cheek.

“Good morning, sunflower.” He whispered, wrapping his arms around her.

“Morning, Daddy.” She said happily, snuggling into his chest.

 

We were all quiet for a while until Jimin whispered something in Haru’s ear that sounded suspiciously like “Go tickle Mama.”

“You better not.” I warned, opening my eyes.

Haru giggled. Her deep little giggle tugged at my heartstrings.

She crawled out of Jimin’s arms and crept toward me, a mischievous grin on her little face.

“I’m gonna getchu.” She slurred her words together in her cute two year old way.

“Oh no!” I cried, covering my face with my hands.

She chuckled evilly, sounding remarkably like her father, as her chubby fingers scratched at my neck. It was painful rather than ticklish, but I still giggled for her.

“Daddy.” Haru turned to Jimin. “Daddy, you tickle Mama.”

“Should I?” Jimin asked, raising an eyebrow at me. I shot him a look.

“Stay away from me, Jimin.” I hissed, trying to sound threatening despite my sleepy voice. He smiled at me as Haru moved aside, eager to watch the scene. It was one she’d witnessed before.

I tried to back away from him, but before I could get very far, he straddled me, tickling my sides until I screamed. Haru giggled alongside of him and tickled under my chin.

“Jimin, stop…I can’t…I can’t breathe.” I panted in between his attacks.

He just smirked at me before bending down and resting his forehead against mine.

 “Good morning, baby.” He whispered. He kissed me softly, sweetly.

“Good morning.” I whispered back, brushing his hair out of his sleepy eyes.

“Mornin’!” Haru chirped, climbing onto Jimin’s back.

“Morning, buttercup.” Jimin turned his head and kissed her forehead. “Should we make Mama some breakfast?”

Haru nodded and climbed down off of him, but not before blowing me a kiss.

 

Jimin gave me another kiss before climbing off of me. He yawned and stretched, showing off his chest.

“Put a shirt on.” I mumbled, shielding my eyes.

“You love it.” He teased, holding his hands out to Haru and helping her off the bed.

“Yeah.” I whispered, rolling over and looking at them. Jimin held Haru in his arms. She snuggled against him and waved at me. “I love you.”

He grinned at me as he carried Haru out of the bedroom. “Love you more!” He called back to me.

“Doubt it!” I called back, rolling over and burying my head in his pillow. I inhaled deeply, breathing in as much of his scent as I could.

Ever since the very beginning, Jimin always smelled like home to me.