Chapter 5

Desire For Revenge

“Why are you telling me this? What is your motive?” Seong Im asked.

“As you can see, I’m here to tell you to break off your engagement with him. Well, as you should do it. Why would you even linger around him? He don’t love you anymore. The one in his heart now is me. And you just a burden to him.” Gahee proudly answered her. Still keeping with her arrogant attitude.

“I can’t.. He is my first..” she shyly admitted to Gahee. Looking at her while thinking she is so old fashioned, Gahee said to her.

“Hello mama girl? This is 21st century. Just because he is your first so he should be yours? Stop dreaming my dear. People like you won’t even get a chance to  challenge me. I get what I want. Look at you, you are so unappetizing. Are you even worth to be called as a woman? Are there even one person wants you here?” - Gahee

 

Keeping herself silence for a while and thinking about what Gahee said. But even when there is no one wants she stay, she still need to hang on since, there’s a life inside her who she wish to give her a perfect family. Back to three weeks ago, if Kangjoo didn’t had  with him because he was drunk, Seong Im still can leave him but now, as the precious life in her stomach is growing day by day, she can’t be selfish. Looking back at Gahee, Seong Im is hesitating about telling her the factthat she is pregnant. Although, the first person she wish to tell is Kangjoo, the now situation makes her have to decide either to bet or not.
To bet on a woman’s mom instinct or a woman’s selfishness.

 

“I can’t..” Seong Im said in a low voice but Gahee still heard it. 

“Still because the same reason that he was your first? Could you be mature?” Gahee looks at Seong Im while feeling disgusted. Thinking that what makes this  woman so special that Kangjoo still keeps her.

“There’s a life.. *pointing at her own stomach* inside me.. I can’t allow this life to be in a fatherless state.” Seong Im look at Gahee. With the pair of her pleading  eyes wishing for Gahee to realize her motherly instinct. Gahee look at her feeling unbelieving what she had said.

“Wow.! I wonder what kind of excuses you could make again. A moment before you said it’s because he was your first and he is the father of your baby? Who  knows other than him, you meet with other man?” She smirked at Seong Im. Looking at her while feeling disgusted Seong Im slapped Gahee.

“I could endure if you want to describe as shameless or others but this baby is Kangjoo’s and there’s nothing you could change about it. As you can, I’m not as lowly as you!” Seong Im finally raise her voice. Being slapped so suddenly makes Gahee stare at her. At the same time, being criticized by Seong Im was so  embarrassing for her. But as she refuse to make this meeting become lousy, she didn’t even return her the favor.

 

“So you refuse then huh? We will see how far you could go, with your baby!” Gahee said and then angrily storm out from the house. When she finally left, Seong Im  immediately runs to her room. She reach her pillow and cry as much as she could.

 

‘What have I done wrong to get this fate? Why to torture me like this?’ she keeps crying until she falls asleep.

______________________________________________________________

That faithful night, Kangjoo return home right on 8.30pm. To her surprise, Seong Im is also excited to watch him return early.

 

“Go to prepare yourself, we are going out.” Kangjoo coldly said to her.

“Go out? To where?” Seong Im excitedly asked him back. But again, Kangjoo only stare at him and replied.

“Can’t you just follow what I said? You are lousy!” Kangjoo said in an annoyed tone to her. It does make she felt a little bit down. But still, she do what he said.

 

...and it does sends her a vibe of insecurities.