Donations and Phobias

Unrelenting Fortitude

"KNOCK KNOCK!"

 

"NO SOLICITING!"

 

"YAH! HANGENG!" Jeri barked, stamping her foot on the floor.

 

The man laughed through the speaker and a second later the door opened, Hangeng holding it open so that Jeri could walk through with a couple bags and compressed boxes.

 

"What's all this?" Leeteuk asked as she walked by him.

 

"Is this for that collection you guys are doing?" Ryeowook asked, walking out of his room.

 

"Collection?" Kyuhyun questioned, raising an eyebrow.

 

"We of Tambourine decided to do a donation drive; basically we take things that we don't need, don't use, or don't want, and give them away to underprivileged kids charities or orphanages. We got about three boxes between the four of us and I was wondering if you guys had anything you were willing to donate," Jeri explained, placing the items on the ground.

 

"You DO realise there's thirteen of us right?" Kyuhyun laughed, giving her a teasing look.

 

"You DO realise that every little thing counts right?" Jeri teased back.

 

The men chuckled and excused themselves so that they could comb through their rooms for anything they were willing to give away, Jeri sitting on the couch to wait.

 

It didn't seem like it, but the water park incident had happened nearly five months ago. Jeri had been quite peeved at Leeteuk, Heechul, Kangin and Eunhyuk for a couple weeks, but on the upside, her and Kyuhyun had become almost inseparable; whatever wall had been between them before was long gone now and after much discussion, they discovered that they had a lot in common. They were both obviously the Maknae of their group, and due to this they were not only "spoiled" but always took advantage of it in every way possible. They liked to tease and degrade their elders but never got in trouble for it, and both had a love for gaming, although Jeri had never even looked at Star Craft, Kyuhyun claiming that he'll convert her one day.

 

Jeri flopped down on the couch and smiled, approving of her newly acquired friendship. She heard the front door open but didn't move.

 

"Welcome home~♪" she sang. "Did you stay out of trouble?"

 

When she didn't get an answer she lifted her head so that she could see who entered. Two men that she had never seen before stood frozen in the foyer, staring at her with baffled expressions.

 

"Ummm….."

 

"HYUNG!!!" The younger one hollered, not taking his eyes off of her.

 

Kyuhyun and Ryeowook came out of their rooms, Kyuhyun giving the boy a confused look while Ryeowook smiled.

 

"Ah, Zhou Mi, Henry! Welcome back," he greeted with a small bow.

 

"Yeah, but why is there a girl in the living room?" the taller man asked.

 

"I'm the evolved form of your dust bunnies!" Jeri cackled, rolling her hands together and giving the new comers her creepiest smile.

 

"Jeri!" Ryeowook scolded as Kyuhyun walked over to her.

 

He placed his hand on the top of her head and smoothed down her hair. "Henry, Zhou Mi, this is Jeri, she's the Maknae from Tambourine. Jeri, this is Henry and Zhou Mi, they're members of Super Junior M."

 

"Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, nice to meet you-wait I've seen you before…" Jeri said, giving Henry a look.

 

Henry's face went slightly pink from her look and the others laughed.

 

"Henry was the violin player in Don't Don," Ryeowook claimed.

 

"Oh really?? Well you were pretty awesome at it, have you been playing for a while?" Jeri asked.

 

"Uh, yeah, since I was six," Henry answered, still not quite sure what to make of the teen.

 

"Jeez you're acting like Kyuhyun did…" she muttered in English.

 

"What do you mean like Kyuhyun?" Henry asked.

 

Jeri's eyes widened and a grin slowly spread onto her face. "You speak English!?!"

 

"I was born in Canada," Henry laughed, feeling a little more at ease around her.

 

Jeri leapt off of the couch and dashed over so that she was standing in front of the boy. "You and I are going to get along great! You have no idea how taxing it is to only be able to talk to my brother in English!" she claimed, taking his shirtsleeve in her hands.

 

Henry gave her a slightly nervous laugh but nodded and patted her hand.

 

Now that she was a little closer, Jeri could see the two men's features better.

 

Henry definitely looked like he had foreign blood in his veins, his eyes and the shape of his jaw making her wonder if he had Chinese blood like Hangeng. His cheeks were a little chubby and he had the tiniest hint of laugh lines at the corner of his eyes.

 

Zhou Mi on the other hand seemed to be the polar opposite of Henry. He was very thin and seemed to be more leg than body, reminding her a lot of Setiawan. When she looked at his face, she almost mistook him for Leeteuk due to the similar shape of his face, nose and even mouth to an extent. Zhou Mi also gave Jeri the foreigner feel by looking at his features.

 

"Are you two Chinese by any chance?" she asked.

 

"Yeah we are, how did you know?" Zhou Mi asked, leaning forward slightly in wonder.

 

"You guys have some of the same features as Hangeng, like your eyes, and Henry has Hangeng's jaw shape," she replied, pointing the features out.

 

Henry subconsciously ran his hand along his jaw making the others laugh. Jeri moved aside so that the two could come further into the dorm and flop down on the couch. The door opened again and Jeri turned to see her favourite Chinaman with three bags on his arms.

 

"Honey you're home~" she sang with a clap.

 

"Hannie? Who's Hannie?" Hangeng asked with a laugh, slipping off his shoes.

 

Jeri grinned as Henry laughed. "Well you are now!" she laughed.

 

Hangeng gave her a confused look, then shook his head with a laugh. Jeri shifted her attention back to the bags he had on his arms.

 

"Is that all your stuff??" she asked, giving him a baffled look.

 

"No, Leeteuk-hyung told me to bring both of our stuff down because he got a phone call," Hangeng laughed, walking towards the pile she had brought in with her.

 

"What are you guys doing?" Zhou Mi asked, peeking over the couch.

 

"Jeri's group, Tambourine, is doing a collection drive and she asked if there was anything we were willing to donate," Ryeowook answered, walking out with a couple things in his arms. "I don't have a lot, sorry Jeri."

 

"Don't worry about it Wookie, it's the thought that counts," Jeri said, having adopted the nickname the others used for him.

 

A clothing bag was suddenly thrown over her head making Jeri squeak in surprise and the boys laugh.

 

"Yah! Who turned off the lights!" she whined, trying to get the bag off.

 

The bag was pulled off and Jeri gave Kyuhyun an irritated look as he simply smirked down at her. Her phone began to ring and she flipped it open and put it on speaker as Hangeng sat beside her to start building boxes.

 

"Yah, Pabo, what do you want?" she barked, already knowing who it was.

 

"Oi! Who're you calling a Pabo you punk!" Jun growled back.

 

"You're a Pabo so I'm calling you Pabo! PAAABBBBOOOOOOOO!!!!!" she huffed childishly.

 

"I'm your Oppa!" he barked.

 

"Would you stop yelling!!" Harii yelled in the background.

 

"Ooooooo, you just got told," Jeri laughed.

 

"Silence you! So how are you doing with donations?" Jun asked, quickly changing the topic.

 

"The majority of the guys aren’t here, naturally, but I've managed to harass Hangeng, Leeteuk, Ryeowook and Kyuhyun for give-aways," she reported, flipping the box over so that she could start filling it.

 

"Alright. Well when you're done, head back to the dorm. Setiawan said he had something like a surprise planned for tomorrow," Jun claimed, sounding excited.

 

"Yeah yeah, I'll be back when I'm back," Jeri laughed.

 

"Alright, and have one of the guys walk you for once will you? Oppa worries~" Jun cooed.

 

"Hannieeeeeeeee~♪" Jeri sang, looking up at the man in front of her with a grin.

 

"Yes dear, I'd love to," he laughed, continuing to place things in the box.

 

"There you go, I have a Chinaman walking me home now stop acting like my wife," Jeri shot, looking down at her phone.

 

"Yeah yeah, I'll see you later."

 

Without answering him, she closed her phone and helped pack the box with Hangeng.

 

"Who was that?" Henry asked.

 

"My older brother, Jun. He's a member of Tambourine too," she answered.

 

He nodded in understanding and quickly dove for his bag, rifling through it then pulling out a small stuffy. "For ze children."

 

Jeri laughed and took the small bear and gently placed it on top of the other items, then closed the box, Hangeng taping it shut.

 

"Alright. I'm actually gonna leave a couple boxes here with you guys, that way when the others come back you can bug them about giving up something," Jeri claimed, standing and brushing off any dirt from her jeans.

 

"You're leaving already?" Kyuhyun asked.

 

"But we just met!" Zhou Mi added with a pout.

 

Jeri laughed and smiled at him, the man smiling back and watching as Hangeng and Kyuhyun walked with her to the door.

 

"So we'll see you soon I guess," Kyuhyun assumed, watching as the two slipped on their shoes.

 

"Of course you will! We Maknaes have to stick together!" Jeri cheered, giving him a thumbs up and a corny smile.

 

Kyuhyun laughed and gave her a thumbs up back, bumping their thumbs together before Hangeng lead her out.

 

The two exited the building and began walking down the street, Hangeng burying his hands in his pockets and shivering slightly. Jeri noticed this and laughed, rubbing his arm to try and warm him up.

 

"How can you only be wearing a sweater?" he chattered.

 

"I used to live in Ireland, Hannie, a warm winter day there is negative ten," Jeri replied with a laugh. "I bet Henry doesn't bundle up either."

 

Hangeng simply pouted making her laugh again.

 

"Awwww, Hannie's so cuuttee~~" she cooed, pinching his puffed out cheeks with a grin.

 

"Ya! Don't pinch my cheeks!" he whined, swatting her hand away with a small smile.

 

"But you're so adorable~!" she cooed again.

 

Hangeng simply rolled his eyes, reached over, and messed up her hair, several strands sticking up in the air when he took his hand back making him laugh.

 

"Ya! If I can't pinch your cheeks then you can't mess up my hair!" she barked, trying to pat it back down onto her head.

 

"But you're so adorable~!" he cooed, giving her a mocking smirk.

 

Jeri glared up at him and crossed her arms over her chest with a huff.

 

"JERI-AH~~!"

 

The girl and Hangeng lifted their heads to see Harii leaning over the balcony of their dorm room waving at them.

 

"Hurry up and come inside! I made some tea and Setty-hyung has an announcement~!" he called.

 

Jeri simply laughed and waved back. Harii disappeared back into the dorm and Jeri turned to Hangeng.

 

"Thanks for walking me back Hannie, I'll see you around!"

 

To the man's slight shock, Jeri dashed forward and wrapped her arms around his torso then dashed into the building with a smile. His face having the smallest trace of pink, Hangeng chuckled and headed back to his own dorm.

 

Jeri walked through the door to the dorm and was instantly pulled into the living room by a bouncing Harii.

 

"Hariiiiiii, at least let me take off my shoeeesss~~! she whined, pulling against him.

 

The Korean released her allowing Jeri to shuck her shoes then walk into the living room where everyone was sitting.

 

"Alright, so what's this announcement?" Jun asked, propping his feet against the back of the couch.

 

"I keep telling you guys it's not an announcement; it's just something that Seomun-hyung told me earlier today," Setiawan sighed, rubbing his forehead.

 

"What is it?" Jeri asked, tilting her head to the side.

 

"We're going to a private resort next week with Super Junior apparently. Super Junior’s manager made the plans for them originally, but apparently the boys pestered him into letting Jeri go too so he invited all of us," the blond explained.

 

"Wait… private resort??!!??"

 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

 

"BRAT C'MON!!" Jun hollered up the stairs.

 

"SHUT IT I'M RIGHT HERE!!" she yelled back, jumping down the last couple flights.

 

"Off to the resort we go~!" Harii cheered, stretching his arms above his head.

 

Setiawan chuckled and lead the group out to the bus that would take them and Super Junior to the resort. Each member grabbed their own row, Jun instantly stretching out on his with a sigh of content.

 

A couple minutes later, the bus stopped and the SuJu boys began boarding.

 

"Jeri-ah~~!" Sungmin sang when he saw her over the seats.

 

"NOPE!"

 

Kyuhyun leapt over the tops of the seats and fell back into the seat beside Jeri's with a thud making the girl laugh.

 

"Aww Kyuhyun you're such a cutie-" Jeri froze mid sentence and grinned. "I'M A GENIUS!" She pointed to Kyuhyun, nearly poking him in the nose. "KYUTIE!"

 

Some of the other boys burst out laughing as Kyuhyun gave the girl an unimpressed look. Jeri waved as the others greeted her, stuck her tongue out at Sungmin when he pouted at her, and whined when Hangeng walked by, the Chinaman chuckling and sitting right behind her instead.

 

"Hannie you're so faaaaaarrr~" she booed, reaching back for him.

 

"Ya! I'm sitting right beside you stop that!" Kyuhyun barked.

 

"No yelling at Jeri!" Harii barked at the younger man.

 

Jeri's eyes drifted to the front of the bus and saw two extra faces that made her smile.

 

"Henwyyyyyy~~! Zhou Miiii~~! Come surround me my beautiful dahlings!" she called, flailing her arms around.

 

Henry snorted but did as she asked, sitting beside Hangeng as Zhou Mi sat in front of her beside Sungmin.

 

"We heard that you gave them a scare yesterday Jeri," Kibum laughed from beside Ryeowook.

 

"The evolved form of the dust bunnies," Henry repeated with a laugh.

 

The others chuckled as Jeri stuck her tongue out at him.

 

"Don't stick it out unless you plan to use it," Henry said, raising an eyebrow with a teasing smirk.

 

Jeri instantly retracted her tongue and her face went pink.

 

"LAU!! STOP HITTING ON MY SISTER!!" Jun roared from a couple seats back.

 

This time Henry's face went pink and the others burst out laughing as the managers came onto the bus.

 

The bus ride to the resort was filled with games and laughter. They shifted around their seating arrangement almost constantly, Jeri going from sitting beside Kyuhyun to Yesung, to Kibum to Shindong to Leeteuk, the man ending in not wanting to let her move again by trapping her in a hug, until she finally landed beside her brother. Harii and Henry were sitting right in front of the siblings and a thought suddenly occurred to the girl.

 

"Wait Henry, you said you played the violin right?" she asked, peeking over their seats.

 

The boy nodded and Jeri gestured over to Harii, making him look at the older man. "You play violin too?"

 

"What doesn't Harii play," Jun laughed.

 

"Do you play piano?" Jeri asked.

 

Again, Henry nodded and Jeri made gestures to Harii making the man laugh.

 

"So you both play violin and piano-"

 

"And guitar!" Hangeng added from beside Setiawan several rows back.

 

"And guitar," Jeri accepted. "You both sing and dance and apparently Henry can pop just like Harii can." Jeri turned around to look at her brother with a giant grin. "I ship it."

 

Jun burst out laughing and Henry's face went beet red while the others gave the trio confused looks.

 

"DO YOU MIND!?!" Henry cried.

 

"Not in the least," she countered, the grin still on her face.

 

"Alright guys, we're here!" Tak Youngjun called as the bus came to a stop.

 

Everyone gave an excited hoot and stood, grabbing their things and exiting the bus. Jeri got off and as soon as she saw where she was, her smile dropped.

 

"Jun….." she called.

 

Her brother got off the bus behind her and followed her gaze, his own face falling when he realized what she did. "Aw damn…"

 

"You guys alright?" Eunhyuk asked seeing the distressed siblings.

 

"Did we not go through this already Smiles?" Jeri deadpanned, giving him an unimpressed look.

 

"What's wrong? It's just a water resor-……. ooooooooooooooooo"

 

Jeri sighed and Jun patted her on the back, leading her along to follow the others.

 

"Now remember, while we have booked this resort  for all of you, there is still a possibility of getting lost or hurt, so try to stay in pairs. But most importantly, try to have fun!" Youngjun declared with a smile.

 

The group cheered and Jeri gave another sigh, Jun rubbing comforting circles on her back.

 

As everyone ventured off to get changed, Jeri finally realised that she was the lone girl amongst a group of 20 men including their managers. She huffed and slid into a pair of swimmer's shorts and threw on her over-sized pale yellow sweater. She walked out to see that, as she expected, Jun was waiting for her.

 

"I pulled over a lounge chair so you can still be around the group but not too close," he reported with a smile.

 

Jeri nodded her thanks and the two meandered over to the large pool. The majority of the boys were already splashing around and others were walking over with pool toys. Jeri sat down on the chair and Jun squatted beside her.

 

"I'm sorry Jer, had I known that it was a water resort-"

 

"Hush wife, I'm fine. Now go release your inner toddler and play in the puddles," she huffed, making a shooing motion at him.

 

Jun chuckled and stood, going over to the pool. He was about to go in when he noticed Ryeowook cautiously testing the water with his foot. An evil grin spread across Jun's face and he dashed over to the smaller man, the others, including Jeri, yelling at him to run. By the time Ryeowook heard what they were saying, Jun all but football tackled the smaller man into the water, Ryeowook managing to give a shriek of alarm before hitting the water.

 

"You're not swimming?"

 

Jeri turned to see Hangeng standing slightly behind her in a pair of blue and white striped swim shorts. She shook her head and he bent down slightly, giving her a worried look.

 

"Why not?" he asked, his hands on his knees.

 

Jeri's face darkened and she huddled further into her sweater. "I don't like deep water," she said simply.

 

Hangeng's worried expression didn't leave his face and he sat down next to her, ignoring the others calling him over. He placed a hand on Jeri's shoulder making her look up at him. He gave her a comforting smile and Jeri sighed.

 

"I have aquaphobia," she muttered with a pout.

 

"Aqua…phobia?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

"It's a fear of water… deep water to be exact. If it goes past my calves I can't go in it," she explained, looking up at him out of the corner of her eyes.

 

Hangeng gave her a sorrowful look and ruffled her hair slightly, making her smirk.

 

"Well on the bright side, you won't be alone; Henry can't swim," he claimed, pointing over to the boy.

 

The Canadian was sitting at the edge of the pool talking to Donghae and Harii until the two swam off to play basketball with the others.

 

"HENRY!" Jeri shouted, making Hangeng laugh.

 

The boy instantly turned to look at her giving her a confused look.

 

"Come keep me company you beautiful creature!" she laughed, waving him over.

 

Henry laughed and stood walking over to the two as Hangeng stood. The Chinaman stopped him for a second, said a few words making Henry nod, and joined the others in the pool as Henry sat down beside her.

 

"So you can't swim either huh?" Henry laughed, nodding to the sweater she was wearing.

 

"Yeah, we can sit away from the water together and drown in a tub of ice cream instead," she laughed, patting his knee.

 

Henry snickered and watched the others play in the pool.

 

"Jeez, I knew Setiawan was tall, but he's a friggin monster in reality," Henry gaped, watching Setiawan simply place the ball into the basket.

 

"That's where he got his nickname," Jeri claimed with a laugh.

 

"Nickname?" Henry questioned, giving her an inquiring look.

 

"Gantu," Jeri answered with another laugh.

 

"From Lilo and Stitch??" Henry laughed.

 

Jeri simply nodded and Henry snickered.

 

"So you never told me where you're from, I mean, obviously you're a foreigner," Henry asked, trying to stay out of the awkward silence.

 

"You can't guess from my accent?" Jeri laughed, raising an eyebrow.

 

"Well you're obviously European, but I don't know the accent," Henry admitted with a sheepish smile.

 

"It's Irish," she answered. "And do NOT, question why I don't have red hair and freckles!" she said, giving him a pointed look.

 

"I was actually gonna ask if you were lucky," Henry laughed, leaning back slightly so that he was out of her range.

 

"I got to meet you guys so I must be!" she cooed, giving him her best aegyo. "I can't say the same for Jun though…"

 

Henry was about to question her words when he heard laughter and yelling coming from the pool. Jun had been thrown over Kangin's shoulder and with the help of a couple of the other boys, he was thrown down on of the water slides. When he didn't come out of the tube, everyone stopped laughing and gave the slide a confused look.

 

"I suggest you run!" Jeri yelled.

 

Before anyone could react, Jun shot out from the top of the slide and tackled Kangin so that the duo went down a different one, the two hitting the water a couple seconds later making everyone burst out laughing.

 

"You were saying?" Henry laughed, looking over to the girl.


Jeri simply chuckled and fixed her sweater as she watched the boys fool around in the pool.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
GUUUUUUUUYYYYYYYYYSSSSSS!!! OMG I'M SO SORRY THIS IS SO LATE! To be completely honest I just forgot to update DX I had the chapters all edited and done and just lost track of time between friends, work and life. I'm gonna try to post a few chapters before my seive-like memory gets to me again. Again guys, I'm SO sorry T^T

Thank you for subscribing and following along with me as I attempt to bring you an even greater experience with Jeri and the gang~! Also guys, I'm not sure if you've seen it or not, but be sure to give me feedback on what I posted for the first "chapter", if you guys aren't interested then tell me and I won't do it, but I don't know how to interpret silence XD

Thank you to all subscribers as well as silent readers, and a special thanks to arandomperson and iheartbts for upvoting~!