Out With the Old

Unrelenting Fortitude

Time seemed to zip by for the members of Tambourine. Jeri’s head was dubbed fully recovered by doctors some months ago, and her tattoo healed nicely, allowing her to fully return to group activities. Jun, Harii and Setiawan managed to hold the group afloat while their lead dancer was on minor hiatus, and if anything, managed to exceed expectations by bringing more publicity. Once the four were back together in late April, they began to promote as a whole, attending variety shows and broadcasts as well as readying themselves for the release of their first mini album in September.

September was in two days…

“no, no, no, NO!” Jeri growled, spinning around on her heels and glaring at their leader. “GANTU!”

“Hyung how can you still not understand that part?” Harii groaned, flopping down onto the floor as the giant sighed and buried his face in his hands.

“It’s not just Gantu!” Jeri snapped, turning her glare towards the Korean. “You keep mixing up your footwork during Jun’s solo, Harii!”

The Korean instantly bowed his head and muttered an apology as Jeri turned her eyes towards her brother, the man instantly raising his hands in surrender.

“And you! What is this!?” Jeri barked, imitating his arms and footwork. “Are you twelve!?”

“Ya, I’m doing my best-”

“We’re supposed to finish filming the dance video in a few days; we need to do better than our best!” Jeri interrupted.

“What is up with you??” Jun grumbled, crossing his arms over his chest. “You’re normally on us for messing up but never to this extent…”

Jeri scoffed and mimicked her brother’s pose, raising her chin in defiance.

“I’m finally putting my foot down!” Jeri barked.

“Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad you’re finally standing up for yourself against Jun… but do you have to eat us alive in the process?” Harii pouted from his position on the floor.

“Maybe she’s trying to make up for lost time,” Setiawan snickered into the back of his hand. “She was told numerous time to take it easy and no get riled up to save her head…”

Despite the frustrated demeanor or their leader dancer still being evident, the three men burst out into a loud round of laughter.

“C’mon Brat, lighten up,” Jun snickered. “If you’re just worried that we won’t be as good as we all hoped then stop worrying about it. We do our best and that’s all they get.”

Jeri was about to bark back a reply when there was a knock at their practise room door.

“This isn’t over,” she huffed, giving her brother a pointed look while marching over to the door.

Jun rolled his eyes behind her back and caught the juice box that Setiawan tossed to him, joining the blond leader and Harii on a set of chairs off to the side.

Jeri opened the door while continuing to mutter to herself.

“Jeri~~!” Henry cheered, a grin instantly stretching across his face when she opened the door. “Just the lovely face I was looking for!”

“Uh-oh…” she snickered, feeling all of the previous tension leave her body at the sight of her friend.

“Hey! That’s not nice!” Henry huffed, giving her a pout. “Here I was, going to invite you to a dinner outing and you say uh-oh!”

Jeri couldn’t help the smirk that stretched across her lips. “Why Henry, are you asking me out on a date~?” she asked, crossing her arms over her chest and giving him a raised eyebrow while leaning on the doorway.

The Canadian instantly started stammering, attempting to get some for of intelligent speech out of his mouth as Jeri laughed.

“Ya, that’s not funny!” he barked, glaring down at her. “What if your brother heard you!?”

“He probably did,” Jeri chuckled, not daring to look over her shoulder at said man.

Henry groaned as she reached out and patted him on the shoulder.

“So what’s this about a dinner?”

“Tiffany wants to hold another America-liners dinner at a nearby restaurant soon and she wanted me to ask you and Jun if you wanted to come along,” he explained.

"I’m free Wednesday. I have to finish up today and tomorrow with my morons-" she motioned behind her into the room just as Jun threw his juice box at Harii, knocking him over his chair trying to dodge and Setiawan laughing. "And then on Tuesday we have filming for our MV and dance practise.

 

"Wednesday it is!" Henry agreed with a grin. “I’ll tell Tiffany and we can plan from there on I guess, but I’ll let you know.”

 

Jeri nodded in agreement and bid the Canadian farewell, waving after him and promptly being hit in the back of the head with a juice box making her swing around.

 

"WHO THE HELL THREW THAT!! I DON'T CARE IF WE STILL HAVE FILMING I'LL BREAK YOUR FINGERS!!!" she roared, slamming the door behind her.

-=-=-

The next day the four members of Tambourine were back in their practise room. Jeri continued to try and drill the dance into her teammates heads, but the more she tried to help them, the more frustrated she became.

“Guys I need you to come down to B24!” Seomun called out, poking his head into the practise room.

“B24?? But-”

Setiawan quickly clamped his hand over Jeri’s mouth, muffling her protests and causing the girl to mutter through his fingers.

“It’s probably just a dress rehearsal Jeri, there’s nothing to worry about,” Harii laughed, following Jun out of the practise room and after their manager.

Jeri grumbled but followed after them with her arms crossed. The moment the four walked into the larger than life room, they were dragged over to a small dressing area off in one of the corners.

“Alright, let’s get this MV underway!” Seomun cheered with a clap.

"But the guys haven't memorized the dance yet!" Jeri yelped as a coordi quickly dragged her back into one of the dressing rooms.

 

"I'm sure you'll all do fine!" Seomun rushed.

 

Harii and Setiawan came out first and were lead over to the chairs for their makeup and hair, Jun coming out a couple minutes later.

 

"Alright sit, sit, sit," Seomun chattered, nearly shoving Jun into the seat. "We're already late for recording so we have to get you guys in your makeup and on the set!"

 

Jun simply grumbled as the coordis began fussing over his makeup and hair. Jeri came out of the dressing room and was also ushered over to one of the chairs by their manager.

 

"Harii-ssi, stop scratching!" one of the coordis whined as the Korean scratched his neck.

 

"I'm sorry, it's just so itchy!" he whined back, his short fingernails peeling off the makeup and making large red marks up and down his neck and jaw.

 

Jun and Jeri exchanged worried look.

 

"Harii… are you allergic to anything?" Jun asked.

 

"Of course I'm allergic to stuff, do you not hear me sneezing and sniffling almost 12 hours a day?" Harii shot back, now scratching his cheek.

 

Jeri quickly stood and grabbed a wet wipe, furiously scrubbing the makeup off of his face despite the coordis yelling at her. Beneath the white, black and yellow makeup were large red and white welts that covered the man's cheeks, neck, forehead and even his nose.

 

"Aww man~!" Jun groaned, seeing the state his elder was in.

 

"Well now what do we do??" Harii asked, whimpering when he went to scratch his cheek and Jeri smacked his hand.

 

"Well… we have to get your face toned down first of all," Setiawan sighed, standing from his chair. "You can still breathe right?"

 

Harii nodded and Setiawan left, coming back with a wet towel and telling the Korean to thoroughly wash his face.

 

"When Harii comes back we'll get him back in makeup and get you guys on stage alright? We can't have any more delays; we're behind as it is," Seomun grumbled, quickly flipping through a small stack of papers in his hands.

 

Jeri, Jun and Setiawan gave the man an incredulous look.

 

"Are you serious!?" Jeri barked.

 

"He's having an allergic reaction to the makeup!!" Jun added, equally angry.

 

"He'd not swelling to the point where he can't breathe or see so that means he can wear it until the shooting's done-"

 

"SETIAWAN SAY SOMETHING!!!" Jeri roared, looking up at the blonde leader.

 

"Oh Jeri stop being so dramati-"

 

"Jeri's not being dramatic hyung, she's being wise," Setiawan snapped, glaring down at the older man. "You may be our manager, but I am the leader of Tambourine and of my three dongsaengs, I will not allow you to endanger one of them just because we're a little behind!"

As he spoke he stepped forward until he was looming over the man and glaring down at him. Seomun's eyes widened in slight fear and quickly scuttled backwards and huffed, fixing his shirt. With another huff, he marched out of the dressing room.

 

"Well, I guess we're not recording for a while…" Jun muttered.

 

Jeri gave the doorway a final glare and went to go check on the Korean man in the bathroom.

 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

 

Two days passed and Tambourine was back to the set for the filming of Joker.
 

"Alright, we went out and got specialty cream, it shouldn't make you break out again Harii-ssi," one of the coordis chirped, gently dabbing a small amount onto his cheek. "How do you feel?"

 

Harii grinned and gave her a thumbs up making them cheer and she began applying it onto his face. Jun and Jeri chuckled, also having their faces and hair done by the coordis.

 

"Are we allowed in?"

 

Jeri shifted slightly and grinned as as few of the SuJu guys walked into the room. "Sure!"

 

"Wow~! You guys really do look like Jokers," Ryeowook laughed, walking over and looking at Jun through the mirror.

 

"C'mere and I'll give you some!" Jun teased, wiping some of his makeup off onto his thumb and managing to swipe Ryeowook across the cheek.

 

"You can give some to Henry, Jeri," Zhou Mi teased, looking between the two Maknaes.

 

When they both gave him a confused look he motioned to her blue lipstick making Jeri laugh and Henry go pink.

 

"What, Pancake doesn't want a kiss from his fellow maknae?" Jeri snickered.

 

Henry stuttered and backed away slightly, only for Eunhyuk to push him forward so that he nearly tripped right into Jeri's lap. Jeri quickly snatched Henry's hand and kissed his wrist making the other boys boo and Henry freeze.

 

"Oh stop, what did you think I was going to do!" she barked with a small laugh.

 

Kibum rolled his eyes and exchanged looks with the other boys as Jeri rolled her own eyes and allowed the coordi to continue with her make-up.

 

"Where's your manager?" Eunhyuk asked, watching as the woman finished up Jeri's face.

 

Jeri simply rolled her eyes. "Don't know and I personally don't care, do you know that he was about to send Harii onto the set when he was clearly having an allergic reaction to his makeup? "He can still breathe and see so he should be fine", the man's a complete doorknob," she huffed, imitating Seomun's squeaky voice.

 

"Was he really??" Eunhyuk asked, absolutely baffled.

 

"Yes, and we won't have to worry about it anymore either," Setiawan stated, walking in and allowing some of the coordis to drag him over to his seat.

 

The others turned to him, giving him confused looks.

 

"I reported what he did to Sooman-hyung and after lots of pestering, we came to the conclusion that we're going to have a new manager by Friday," he explained, his face void of all emotion as the girls worked on his make-up.

 

"Wait! New manager? Does that mean…?"

 

Setiawan couldn't help but chuckle and look at her out of the corner of his eye. "Yes Jeri, Seomun got fired."

 

Jeri let out a whoop of happiness and nearly clocked Zhou Mi in the face when she did a fist pump making her apologize and the others laugh.

 

"Well now Jeri's going to be all smiles while we're filming," Harii laughed, standing from his chair and patting down his jacket.

 

"Well it'll look good; she is becoming a Joker," Jun laughed.

 

Jeri simply stuck her tongue out at him.

 

"Is it alright if we watch? I mean, Jeri's always coming to see us,” Ryeowook asked with a chuckle.

 

"Ask the tree," the three chorused, thumbing over to the leader making him laugh.

 

"I don't see why you guys can't stay and watch, just try to stay out of the way alright?" he agreed with a smirk.

 

The five men gave him a mock salute making the others chuckle.

 

The four soon made their way up onto the stage and took their places, the five SuJu men all sitting near the back to watch. The music began and Jeri lead the dance, the three men following after her, each one also performing his solo when it came up. When the dance was done Jeri had to run off and get a wardrobe and makeup change, allowing the three men to sit on the edge of the set and take a breather.

 

"So the moral of the story iiisss??" Eunhyuk laughed, walking up to them with the others.

 

"When three guys in makeup find you you generally want to run away," Jun laughed.

 

The others joined him and Henry craned his neck as Jeri walked out in "normal" clothes and sat down for her makeup.

 

"So what… Jeri's the damsel in distress?" Kibum guessed, also noticing her.

 

"Jeri is the civilian who the three Jokers have their eyes on; they're trying to convert her into one of them and at the end they manage to," Setiawan explained, running his hand through his hair.

 

The SuJu men nodded and Jeri dashed over and hopped onto the set. "Alright, civi Jeri is ready to go, go, go!" she cheered with a grin.


Harii and Setiawan chuckled while Jun rolled his eyes, the four moving back up onto the stage.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Managed to get this one done on time... by the skin of my teeth -.-' Next week may be a little late guys, but I promise I won't leave you all hanging like I did last time!

Thank you for subscribing and following along with me as I attempt to bring you an even greater experience with Jeri and the gang~!

Thank you to all subscribers as well as silent readers, and a special thanks to arandomperson, iheartbts, FixRate and DolphinWorld for upvoting~!