Holiday Happiness

Unrelenting Fortitude

The dorm door flew open as four exhausted bodies all but fell through the threshold, kicking their shoes off of their feet and essentially dumping their bags on the ground.

"Finally, a break!" Jun groaned, falling to the floor.

 

"No more concerts~!" Harii added, sliding down onto the floor beside him.

 

"You guys sound pathetic," Jeri laughed, stepping over her fallen comrades.

 

"What time is it?" Jun asked, ignoring his sister.

 

"It's time for bed," Setiawan claimed, picking Harii up and throwing him over his shoulder.

 

"Night guys~" Harii sang sleepily, giving a lazy wave.

 

Jeri laughed and waved back as their leader brought the Korean man to his room. "I don't think he's going to come back for you," she claimed, looking down at her brother.

 

"Nobody loves me, goin' to the garden to eat worms," he sang, grogginess in his tone.

 

The teen rolled her eyes and bent over to grab onto her brother’s ankle with both of her hands, giving a loud groan as she hauled all 185 centimeters of him to their shared room. When she managed to get him to the foot of his bed, the man pulled himself up onto the mattress and almost instantly started snoring making her roll her eyes again.

 

Deciding to take this chance, she went over to the closet and pulled out a large box, dragging it by one of the flaps out of the room and into their dorm’s living room.

The weeks seemed to speed by in the blink of an eye and soon enough it was late December. Tambourine had released Captivating Flower right on time, and despite their busy schedules, Jeri’s knee had made a full recovery, the girl now fully able to run around the room after her brother with shoe in hand. Back in early December, BoA had brought up the suggestion of having a type of christmas party with as many SM artists that could attend. The date had been set for December 23rd, two days before Christmas just in case anyone had plans for the actual day or had a schedule.

After her run around the mall with Ryeowook a few weeks ago, she had gotten christmas presents for her brother, Harii and Setiawan, but refused to shop for the SuJu boys while one of their members was with her. This ended in her being dragged by an enthusiastic Harii out shopping a few days later, the vocalist claiming that he too had shopping to do. With Harii’s help she had managed to not blow her budget on christmas gifts and even managed to find some new ideas and simply make some, especially when BoA announced the party planning.

She had already wrapped a fair amount of the presents already, Jun, Harii and Setiawan’s present being first to avoid the surprise being spoiled before Christmas. She had gotten cute little nik-naks for Yunho and Changmin as well as Jay and Jungmo from TRAX and Liyin since they would be unable to attend the party, figuring when next she sees them she can hand them along. BoA, the SHINee boys, Dana and Sunday and the f(x) girls all got slightly bigger nik-naks, silently begging that they all understood that her wallet was already weeping. The SNSD girls had actually been an idea from Harii, therefore they had actually taken the longest and Jeri ended up having to coerce Setiawan to help her sew some of the patterns onto the scarves she had bought. Super Junior’s gifts Jeri had splurged on slightly, some of them being last minute perfections she had spotted while some had been long thought out.

Sitting herself down at the kitchen table, she pulled the box up beside her and after hunting down the leftover wrapping paper, began wrapping the rest of the presents.

 

Jeri was wrapping presents well into the early morning, but the excitement and anticipation of giving them out kept her awake long enough to finish the majority of them.

“Awww, Jun don’t; she’s too cute~! At least let me take a picture first!”

The sound of a phone shutter seemed to pierce through Jeri’s ears as she scrunched her eyebrows together before slowly opening her eyes.

“Damnit Harii; you woke her up!” Jun huffed.

 

"Your back is gonna be sore~" Harii sang, patting the girl's shoulder and ignoring Jun’s pouting off to the side.

 

"…huuuuhh?"

 

"You must have fallen asleep out here," Setiawan claimed, walking by them to start up the coffee maker. "Were you out here wrapping presents all night?"

 

"I dunno… was I?" she mumbled, not lifting her head from the table.

 

"Go get some sleep in your own bed, check?" Jun laughed, walking over and ruffling her hair.

 

"Dun wanna…" she murmured, her eyes closing again.

 

Harii chuckled as Jun rolled his eyes. Shifting Jeri on her chair slightly, he managed to pick his sister up and carried her to their room. He rolled her onto the bed, covered her with the sheets and walked out, closing the door behind him.

 

"You two are so cute~!" Harii cooed as the man walked back into the kitchen. "Sibling love!"

 

"More like responsibility," Jun smirked, taking the coffee Setiawan offered him.

 

"Oh stop! You love Jeri, no point denying it," Harii huffed.

 

Jun rolled his eyes but didn't respond, sipping his drink with a small smile.

Jeri woke up from her long deserved nap a few hours later, walking back out into the living room to see the boys were now wrapping their own presents.

“You still at wrapping…” she scoffed, raising an eyebrow at the horrendous looking present.

“Ya! I have the role of main rapper in the group you brat!” Jun barked back, turning and glaring at her.

Jeri simply rolled her eyes and walked over to the three, sitting beside her brother and tearing off the crumpled wrapping paper despite his protests.

“Jun how many time have I told you, you can’t always give people condoms for a Christmas present!” Jeri barked, glaring at her brother when she realized what was beneath the wrapping paper.

“Hey, everyone needs a little lovin’, I just want them to be glovin’ while they lovin’,” Jun scoffed, crossing his arms over his torso with his nose upturned.

Harii and Setiawan instantly burst into a loud round of laughter while Jeri buried her face in her hands.

“Oh my god please shut up…”

“BoA-ssi called while you were sleeping Jeri,” Setiawan chuckled, attempting to stop the sibling war from starting. “She asked if we could go over to the venue a little early and help her set up the decorations.”

“You said sure right? Poor BoA, trying to do all of this stuff on her own…” Jeri hummed, looking up at him while holding the wrapping paper so her brother could tape it.

“We did, and were hoping you wouldn’t mind; I’m glad to hear you’re all for it,” Harii beamed.

“Of course! The poor woman can’t do this whole thing all on her lonesome!” Jeri laughed.

“Well we’ll probably just head out a few hours before the whole thing was supposed to start, so just remember to be ready,” Setiawan hummed.

“Yeah, I’ll rememb-DAMNIT JUN! TAPE THE PRESENT NOT MY HANDS YOU TWIT!!!”

-=-=-

True to their words, on the morning of December 23rd, the four members of Tambourine made their way to BoA’s chosen venue for the Christmas party, presents and decorations from their own dorm in hand.

“You guys are lifesavers!” BoA exclaimed as she ushered the four through the doors.

“Wait what flavour? If it’s not cherry then I’m out of here,” Jeri laughed

“You’re more of a lemon than a cherry…” Jun snorted as he walked by.

Setiawan and Harii snickered as Jeri sent her brother a glare and dashed after him, kicking her foot out only for the man to dodge with a round of laughter.

“Alright you two break it up!” BoA laughed, clapping her hands together much like an elementary school teacher. “I was hoping we could all split the responsibilities up amongst each other so we could get this all done in a timely fashion…”

The siblings halted their bickering and turned their attention towards the older woman.

 

“Jun, Jeri, you two put the tree up and decorate it without shedding blood-” the two pouted. “Harii and Setiawan-oppa I was hoping could put up the wall decorations while I try to move all of the tables and chairs around and decorate them.”

Everyone nodded in agreement and quickly set off to finish their task.

Jun and Jeri walked over to the massive box off in the corner, Jun kneeling down to begin taking the tree out while Jeri stood there and gawked.

“This thing is huge; how’d she even get it here!?”

“Maybe she’s hiding a mean set of guns under all those sleeves,” Jun snickered, nodding over to the older woman as she struggled to pull a small table across the floor. “It’s all just an act.”

Jeri couldn’t help but snicker, especially when the image of BoA with Arnold Schwarzenegger arms popped into her head.

Together, the two managed to drag the tree out of the box and began to set it up piece by piece, though as the tree got taller it ended with Jun standing on a chair and soon enough Jeri ended up on her brother’s shoulders.

“Stop wiggling around or I’ll end up dropping you,” Jun grunted, slapping his sister on the calf.

“It’s not my fault you have boney- shoulders,” Jeri muttered, locking the last of the branches into the trunk of the fake tree.

Jun simply rolled his eyes and muttered something about ‘non-existent ’ before Jeri slid off of his shoulders and down his back. The two then turned their attention to the copious number of boxes with tree decorations, Jun pulling out the tinsel and newton’s beads while Jeri began picking out balls and baubles to hang on the branches.

“Here, you do the bottom of the tree and I’ll do the top until we need to up you again,” Jun suggested, handing her a long line of tinsel.

Wordlessly, Jeri agreed, handing him a package of gold and red balls and took the tinsel. The two siblings worked together to get the tree decorated and looking fairly impressive, BoA walking over and giving an impressed whistle as they were finishing up.

“And there isn’t even a drop of blood on the branches,” the woman laughed.

 

"I'm glad you approve," Jun laughed, careful not to move around too much as Jeri tucked the last bit into the top of the tree. "We just need a topper and it's done."

 

"…Topper?" BoA asked, looking confused.

 

"Yeah, like an angel or a star to put on the top," Jeri explained.

 

"Oh yeah! Isn't there one in the box?" the woman asked, walking over to it.

 

"Not that we saw," Jun claimed.

 

"Aww man! Don't tell me I forgot it at home!" BoA cried, rapidly digging through the empty containers. "You can't have a tree without an angel on top!"

 

"Why don't we just put you on the top of the tree?" Harii offered, he and Setiawan having walked over. "BoA does stand for Beat of Angel, right?"

 

"Harii, that was the worst pickup line I've ever heard," Setiawan chuckled.

 

"W-w-what?! N-no, I wasn't flirting, I was just joking around!" Harii rambled, swinging his hands back and forth in denial.

 

The others burst into laughter as the man continued to sputter, his face a nice shade of pink.

“Well, how about Jeri helps me with the tables and chairs and Jun can help you two with the rest of the decorations?” BoA suggested.

The four nodded and split up, Jeri following after BoA to finish setting up the tables and chairs as well as throwing tablecloths and small table decorations in the middle of each one.


After a few more hours of setting up, organising and cleaning, SM artists slowly started to trickle into the large room. Presents were placed under the tree and to be exchanged later on into the night, as people mingled, ate, drank, danced and sang. Jeri found escape all but impossible when the Super Junior men walked through the doors, one or two of them always standing next to her, arms slung over her shoulders; the f(x) girls and SNSD girls managed to steal her for a few songs and dances, but she was instantly swept away by the men when the music ended.

As the night grew later, BoA called everyone over to the tree, and with Tambourine’s help, began to distribute the presents.

"Here guys, these are for you all," Jeri claimed, sliding a small pile over to the group.

 

"Give me mine first!" Heechul chirped, crossing his arms over his chest with a defiant look.

 

"Keep your shirt on Itchy!" she laughed, pulling out a few boxes and giving them to their owners.

 

As Heechul viciously tore into his present causing the others to laugh and watch, curious as to what Jeri had gotten the older man. Jeri and the others all burst into a loud round of laughter as Heechul finally opened the box.

“Well at least one of you understands my position on the world,” Heechul scoffed, placing the tiara on top of his head with his chest puffed out.

“You guys don’t have to wait, open your presents~” Jeri insisted, motioning for them to do so.

The men all nodded and quickly opened their gifts, many rounds of laughter and cheers sounding from them.

 

"This is too cute!" Zhou Mi grinned, holding the pink apron up to his chest.

 

The apron had a small front pouch and Jeri had added little holsters for utensils. Naturally, "Kiss the Cook" was written on the front in bright red letters with a lipstick kiss beside it.

 

"I love it~!" Shindong cheered, hugging the small stack of papers to his chest, making the others laugh again.

 

"Coupons?" Yesung guessed, holding his turtle care kit close to his chest as well.

 

"Well I don’t know where exactly he likes eating, so I figured I’d just try to cover all the bases," Jeri laughed.

 

"That's not nice!" Ryeowook laughed after reading his card.

 

"Why, what does it say?" Donghae asked, he and Sungmin all but snuggled up to their Minnie Mouse and Nemo plushies.

 

"Hope these help!" the older man whined.

 

The men burst out laughing as Ryeowook held up a pair of shoes that had lifts sticking out of them. The shoes alone had quite a bit of a platform on the bottom.

“I gave the same things to Jonghyun, Wookie; don’t feel too bad,” Jeri laughed.

 

"Wookie is small and I apparently smell bad…" Eunhyuk laughed, holding up the small bottle.

 

"Would you stop! It's cologne!" Jeri pouted.

 

Eunhyuk took the cap off and gave it a sniff. "Wow, it's actually not that bad," he claimed, letting the others have a smell.

“I don’t even have my car yet though,” Leeteuk laughed, looking at the numerous bumper stickers inside the small box.

“Well when you get them I’ll have something comfy to die on hyung,” Kyuhyun laughed, holding up the chair cushion.

“Ya! Are you saying I can’t drive!”

 

Jeri laughed and turned to Henry as he finally finished unwrapping his present.

 

"Awwwww! It's so cute!" Zhou Mi cooed, seeing the bear in the maknae's hands.

 

The bear was about two feet tall and was pure white with a little bowtie around its neck. Its arms and legs were movable so that it could sit up or lay down.

 

"It suits you Henry," Donghae laughed.

 

"I love it!" Henry smiled, hugging the bear to his chest.

 

"Are you going to name it?" Sungmin asked, still cuddling Minnie to his chest.

 

"Name it Jeri!" Shindong laughed.

 

"Isn’t that BoA-ssi’s nickname for her?” Leeteuk laughed.

 

The group laughed and Henry gave the bear a pondering look.

 

"Nun."

 

"Nun? I guess it fits," Jeri laughed.

 

"Now you have to open ours!" Yesung claimed, pulling a small box out of his pocket.

 

The others dashed away for a second then returned with their presents.

 

Yesung and Ryeowook bough Jeri’s gift together; a small silver necklace with a few rhinestones along the front. Eunhyuk, Donghae and Sungmin had gotten her a large basket of sweets, Jeri not able to hold back the question of them trying to fatten her up causing them all to laugh heartily. Leeteuk and Heechul got the girl a bath basket, the older men claiming they remembered Jeri complaining about her brother constantly stealing her shampoo at their dorm. Shindong had, coincidentally, also gotten her some coupons for a BBQ house not too far from headquarters while Zhou Mi and Kyuhyun had gotten her a nice set of sneakers, hoping that they would help her knee and prevent any added strain.

 

"Henry, give her your present!" Eunhyuk laughed.

 

Jeri gave the boy a confused look and he gave her his present, which was an odd shape and a little torn.

 

"Sorry, I'm not the best at wrapping presents," he sighed.

 

"Don't worry about it, you're not as bad a Jun," she laughed.

 

She unwrapped the gift and instantly squealed and hugged it to her chest.

 

"I figured since you couldn't have the real one that maybe a stuffy would make you feel better," the boy laughed.

 

"I adore it! Thank you so much Henry!" she chirped, hugging the iguana plush.

 

"And what are you going to name him?" Kyuhyun teased.

 

"Heosuabi~" she cooed.

 

The guys laughed and Jeri hugged all of the boys, Henry being the last of the long line. When she pulled away, everyone's attention turned up when someone whistled.

 

Harii was sitting on Setiawan's shoulders holding a branch of mistletoe over Jeri and Henry making the others hoot. Jeri rolled her eyes, placed her hand on Henry's jaw and pecked him on the cheek, his face instantly going pink.

 

"MY BABY'S FIRST KISS!!!" Zhou Mi wailed dramatically.

 

Henry's face went brighter and he hid behind Nun, making Jeri laugh.



___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Guys I'm SOO sorry that this took so long to get out; I've been battling with MAJOR writer's block as well as a hectic schedule of my own. I have also come to realise that, as much as I will try to keep to a schedule, I can't make any guarantees because life tends to screw me often and just mess me up. I CAN promise though that I'll update as often as I can~!

Thank you for subscribing and following along with me as I attempt to bring you an even greater experience with Jeri and the gang~!

Thank you to all subscribers as well as silent readers, and a special thanks to arandomperson, iheartbts, FixRate, DolphinWorld and Arashi93 for upvoting~!