Let There Be Permits

Unrelenting Fortitude

"We should go do something," Donghae called out from his spot on the floor.

 

"And what pray tell, should we do?" Jeri sighed, flipping the back strands of Henry's hair absent-mindedly.

 

"It kind of that it's another two years until you're a legal adult," Heechul smirked.

 

"I'm still not going drinking with you Itchy," the teen deadpanned.

 

Heechul pouted as the others laughed.

 

"Heechul-hyung does have a point though, though maybe drinking isn't what she should be looking at," Zhou Mi piped up.

 

The guys slowly clued in, but Jeri continued to give them a confused look.

 

"You're old enough to go get your driving permit!" Sungmin cheered, throwing his hands in the air.

 

"Driving permit?" she questioned.

 

"Yeah, to get your driver's licence," Henry explained.

 

"Why should I get my driver's licence, if you guys aren't attached to my hip Jun, Harii or Setiawan are…" she claimed.

 

"Yeah, but it's not always going to be like that!" Kangin stated. "And when the time comes, you'll know how to drive."

 

Jeri sank further back onto the couch and lowered her eyes with a pout making some of the guys laugh.

 

"C'mon Jeri! To get your permit you just need to do a written test-"

 

"There's a test?" she whined, interrupting Zhou Mi.

 

"It just gives you scenarios, signs and stuff and asks you to answer, it's not that hard," Donghae claimed, patting her on the knee with a smile.

 

Jeri pouted again but sighed and nodded, making the guys whoop.

 

"Let's go, let's go, let's go!" Henry rushed, tugging the teen off of the couch by her wrists.

 

"Wait a minute! I don't even know the driving stuff!" Jeri cried as the group pulled Jeri towards the door.

 

"Exactly! So we're going to go get you a book and find a nice place for you to study," Heechul stated.

 

Jeri groaned but allowed the guys to pull her along and out of their building. The group walked down the street, getting many looks and some girls even started following after them.

 

"If your fans maul me…" Jeri warned, feeling their heated looks on her back.

 

"They won't maul you," Henry laughed.

 

The group walked into the small convenience store and began looking around.

 

"Found it~!" Sungmin called out, plucking the small book from the shelf.

 

"There you go Jeri, this is your guide," Zhou Mi laughed, taking the book from the smaller man's hands.

 

Jeri raised an eyebrow and followed after them as they moved to the front to pay for the book. They paid and walked out of the store, continuing down the street until they came to a library.

 

"Really, a library?" Jeri questioned as Henry took her hand and pulled her in.

 

"Yeah, it's quiet and a nice place to try to study," Donghae explained.

 

Jeri nodded in understanding and followed them in. The group walked around for a bit until they found a large table.

 

"Are you guys seriously going to hover over me while I read?" the girl asked as she sat down.

 

"You have an issue with that?" Heechul teased.

 

Jeri rolled her eyes and opened the book, skimming over the introduction while resting her cheek in her palm.

 

For the time they sat in the library, Jeri read over the book and every time she finished a chapter, the guys would quiz her to make sure all of the information was sinking in properly. Sure enough, after nearly four hours, the men felt that she was ready.

 

"Alright, let's go get you your permit!" Sungmin sang, pulling the girl from the chair.

 

"W-wait, we're going now? D-don't you need to make an appointment or something?" Jeri stuttered.

 

"As long as we get there early enough and you have identification and money you can write it on the spot," Zhou Mi claimed holding her shoulders and walking her out of the library.

 

"You guys have fun~!" Heechul sang, he and Donghae watching them leave.

 

Sungmin, Zhou Mi and Henry pulled the girl back to their apartment building and piled into Zhou Mi's car, Jeri being thrown in the passenger seat.

 

"Wait, you guys said I need ID…" she began pulling out her wallet. "What do I need?"

 

"Your health card and your birth certificate should be enough," Henry claimed leaning over in his seat to look over Jeri's shoulder.

 

"Ugh, I look like a terrorist," she muttered, pulling out her health card.

 

Henry swiped it before she could stop him and he inspected the picture, soon having to hold back his laughter when he saw the picture. Jeri turned in her seat to try and get it back but the older man quickly handed the card to Sungmin allowing them to see.

 

"You guys are dinks," she growled, snatching the card back as they began laughing.

 

"You look miserable!" Sungmin laughed.

 

"The girl yelled at me not to smile and Jun said to imagine him kicking puppies!" she shot back.

 

Their laughter continued, even Zhou Mi chuckling at their banter. Jeri huffed, crossed her arms and sat in her chair, muttering about them being jerks.

 

After about 15 minutes of Jeri refusing to talk to any of them, the group arrived at their destination. They piled out of the car and walked into the building, Henry leading her by the shoulders with a grin plastered onto his face. The line wasn't too bad and they quickly got up to the front with the woman at the desk.

 

"Identification," she droned, not even looking up from her papers.

 

Jeri quickly pulled out her health card and unfolded her birth certificate, handing it to the woman. She quickly scanned them as well as Jeri and nodded, holding out her hand.

 

"21,833 Won," she claimed.

 

Jeri blinked a couple times in shock but began digging in her wallet for the money. She pulled out a couple bills, but her face paled when she realized that she didn't have enough.

 

"You guys feel like donating?" she asked, giving the men behind her a sheepish smile.

 

"How much do you need?" Zhou Mi laughed, pulling out his own wallet.

 

"5,000," she replied.

 

The older man nodded and pulled out the money and handing it to her. She nodded her thanks and handed the woman the money, her carefully counting it. After counting it she reached under the table and pulled out a small piece of paper.

 

"Wait until your number is called and head over to the till," she explained, handing Jeri the paper.

 

Jeri nodded and thanked her, the four moving over to the chairs for waiting. Seeing that there were only three chairs, the guys laughed and dove onto them, making Jeri raise an eyebrow. Henry reached over to her and pulled her over. She gave him a look and he grinned, pulling her onto his lap, making her and the other guys laugh.

 

"You're so adorkable," she laughed, messing up his hair.

 

Henry grinned and rested his head on her shoulder as Sungmin pulled Jeri's feet up onto his lap and began playing with the laces on her shoes.

 

After about ten minutes, Jeri's number was called and she stood walking over to the till. She handed her card to the woman behind the counter along with her health card. As soon as she saw the picture on the health card, she slowly raised her eyes to the teen in front of her.

 

"Are you the Jeri Isami?" she asked, a small smile on her face.

 

Jeri laughed and nodded, making the woman jump slightly in her seat.

 

"I know this isn't very professional, but may I have your autograph?" the woman asked.

 

"Sure," Jeri laughed again. "Depending on who your favourite Super Junior member is I might be able to get you theirs too."

 

"Sungmin-ssi's my favourite," the woman laughed, a small blush on her cheeks.

 

Jeri turned around to the guys after signing the paper pad.

 

"Mickey! C'mere," she called, waving her hand towards him.

 

When Sungmin laughed and stood, the woman yelped and covered her face with her hands in embarrassment.

 

"Say hi to your fan while I do my paperwork," Jeri said, beginning to fill out the papers.

 

"It's nice to meet you," Sungmin laughed with a small bow.

 

"It's nice to meet you too," the woman giggled.

 

"Stop being awkward and give the poor girl an autograph Romeo," Jeri laughed, not looking up from the papers.

 

"Yes dear," Sungmin laughed, taking the pad and another pen from the woman and signing on the next piece of paper.

 

He handed the pen and pad back to the woman, patted Jeri on the back and walked back over to the guys.

 

She finished filling out the papers and walked over to the small hallway off to the side. She poked her head into the small room and saw a bunch of other people sitting at desks writing the test. The man at the front desk looked up and noticed her, motioning her forward. Jeri walked forward and he handed her a couple papers and a pencil.

 

"We close at 6, so you have half an hour to write and finish," he claimed.

 

Jeri nodded and found a seat to sit in, placing the papers on the desk and skimming them over. She smiled when she realized that the majority of the questions were multiple choice and the long answer ones consisted of what she had studied with the guys. She picked up her pencil and began filling in the test.

 

After about twenty minutes, the guys were getting a little antsy, Henry actually having to stand up so his feet stopped bouncing.

 

"Hey, there she is!" Zhou Mi cheered as Jeri walked out.

 

"How'd it…go…" Sungmin asked, stopping when he noticed her head was hung.

 

"You needed a 70% to pass…" she sighed, her head still hung.

 

"Aww, don't worry Jeri, you can take it ag-"

 

"I got 90%!" she chirped, pulling out her temporary permit with a grin.

 

"Ya! Don't scare us like that!" Henry  laughed, pulling her into a hug.

 

"Yay! So now you just need some practise and you can go driving on your own!" Sungmin cheered, joining the hug.


Jeri grinned as Zhou Mi also gave her a hug and led her back to his car.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
This chapter's a little shorter but I like to think it's still has enough SuJuxJeri cutes for you guys~ Also, the next chapter may be a little late next week, but I'll do my best to not make you guys wait too long~♪

Thank you for subscribing and following along with me as I attempt to bring you an even greater experience with Jeri and the gang~!

Thank you to all subscribers as well as silent readers, and a special thanks to arandomperson, iheartbts, FixRate and DolphinWorld for upvoting~!