SM Introductions

Unrelenting Fortitude

Jeri continued to stare out the window of the plane, ignoring her brother's heavy snores to her side and Setiawan doing the same in the seat in front of her.

 

"Jeez Jeri, stop looking so excited!"

 

The girl snorted and shifted to look behind her, being greeted by a wide grin.

 

"Yeah, showing so much enthusiasm at such a tense time, for shame!" Kangin added with a laugh.

 

"You two are ones to talk, what'd you have for breakfast, I-Hops?" Jeri snickered.

 

"What's that? Something you eat in Scotland?" Kyuhyun asked with a raised eyebrow.

 

"It's Ireland!" she whined. "And no, it's something in the US, it's like a pancake house or something; Amber talks about it all the time."

 

The men rolled their eyes, Kyuhyun reaching around the seats to mess up the girl's hair making her pout.

 

It was November 22 or 2012 and once again, all available SM idols were participating in the SM Town Live World Tour. Due to schedule conflicts as well as the trio working on as well as releasing their fifth single, Tambourine hadn't been able to attend any of the shows beforehand, their first one of 2012 taking them to Singapore. Setiawan had been miffed that he'd missed the Jakarta concert, having been looking forward to visiting half of his heritage, but he got over it fairly quickly when the Isami siblings yelled at him about not having been home for six years.

 

Jeri and the SuJu boys had managed to rekindle their friendship with each other, even Leeteuk, Yesung and Shindong, and they have been wise enough to never mention Jeri's scars or her mother now that they are aware of why it's a sensitive topic. Before he had left for his conscription in October, Jeri had met Leeteuk and the others at their dorm to give them another apology, not wanting there to be any animosity between her and the Leader while he was gone. Leeteuk had accepted her apology, giving her a tight hug while telling her that he was as equally at fault as she was for their squabble. Jeri and Henry had also managed to reconcile when the Canadian showed up a day after with a tin of Hershey's Kisses, though he had scratched out the ‘Hershey’s Kisses’ logo and written ‘Henry’s Sorries’ on the lid in black sharpie. She had laughed at his corniness before inviting him into the dorm and to help her devour the chocolates before her brother got home from his schedule.

 

Thinking back to the fight, Jeri could still feel the occasional prick of irritation, but always managed to let it go; it was in the past and that's where she wanted to keep it.

 

"I just remembered something!" Ryeowook piped up from the seat beside Setiawan. "You'll get to meet the EXO boys for the first time!"

 

"EXO? You mean the rookie group who wants their mother?" Jeri questioned.

 

The men laughed while Ryeowook shifted in his seat so that he could look back at her.

 

"It's not mother, it's Mama, but yes, it's those rookies. You haven't met them yet, right?"

 

Jeri shook her head. The globe had been blowing up about these kids, but she, Jun and Setiawan have been so busy with promotions and schedules that she's barely had time for the SuJu guys as of recent let alone meeting the new rookies.

 

"Well I'll introduce you when we get to the hotel. I have a feeling that you'll like a couple of them," Ryeowook laughed.

 

"For the love of God don't introduce her to Chen, they'll start setting things on fire!" Eunhyuk barked from a couple rows back.

 

The group burst out laughing, Jeri becoming more excited the more she thought about it.

 

After another hour of chatting, the plane landed in Singapore. Fans, as usual, were lined up in large hordes near the doors, several large security men having to push them back already.

 

They all walked towards the exit, Jeri quickly gripping Jun's hand as he and Setiawan all but parted the crowd with their size. They clambered into the bus. Jeri sitting beside her brother once again as Super Junior soon joined them, waving at the fans with grins.

 

"Why do I feel so nervous?" Jeri mumbled, watching the boys interact with the fans.

 

"Maybe because you actually have a little segment where it's you on stage without Setiawan or I?" Jun offered, looking down at her.

 

"Like a G6, like a G6~!" Jeri sang, a grin instantly on her face. "Ahhhh, at least I'll have Amber and Key on stage with me."

 

"And Kris," Henry laughed, plopping into the seat in front of her.

 

"Kris? Who's Kris? He sounds English," Jeri asked, giving the Canadian a confused look.

 

"He is… kind of. Kris is the Leader of EXO's Mandarin line, he was born in China but he has a Canadian citizenship," Henry explained with a small laugh.

 

"Oooooo, so why aren't you singing with us? English friends prancing around the stage together," Jeri asked with a laugh.

 

Henry shrugged. "I figured I'd let you guys have your spotlights while I stay in mine."

 

Jeri pouted making him and Jun chuckle as the bus began moving towards the hotel.

 

Once they arrived, the large group managed to plow their way through the gathered fans again, Jeri instantly catching sight of a familiar face in the lobby.

 

"Ah! Amber~!" she cheered, waving her hands over her head with a grin.

 

The girl turned and instantly caught sight of her friend, grinning and waving her over, Jeri dashing over as the men went over to the front desk with their managers.

 

"How've you girls been? I haven't seen you all in a long time," Jeri asked as Amber threw a friendly arm across her shoulders.

 

"We've been pretty good, not too busy but not to bored either," Victoria replied with a smile. "What about you guys? Word is that you had a spat with Super Junior Sunbaenims…"

 

"Oh that? Yeah but that was a while ago; we're all on good terms now so don't worry! Right Kyutie?" Jeri called out, turning to look behind her with a grin.

 

"Yes! Wait… what am I agreeing to?"

 

The girls laughed as Kyuhyun gave them a playful glare, Jeri grinning and waving at him making him roll his eyes.

 

"So did you memorize our song?" Amber asked. "You ready to fly like a G6~?"

 

"As ready as I'll ever be, but apparently I have faces I have to meet first?" Jeri laughed. "Wookie said that he was going to introduce me to the rookies but I think we're all going to be so busy getting ready and getting what little sleep we can that there isn't going to be any time."

 

"Of course there'll be time!"

 

The girls jumped at the sudden voice from behind them, Ryeowook standing there along with Zhou Mi and Donghae.

 

"Come on, we're all signed in so I'll take you to meet them now! Nice to see you girls~!" Ryeowook sang, grabbing the girl by the wrist and tugging her away.

 

"Aish, Wookie! Bye guys! I'll see you tomorrow!" Jeri called out, turning and giving the f(x) girls the best wave she could while practically being abducted.

 

"Ya! Kim Ryeowook! Just where are you taking my sister!!" Jun barked, watching his friend dragging his sister towards the stairs.

 

"I'm taking her to introduce her to the EXO boys, I'll take good care of her promise~!" Ryeowook called back with a laugh, waving at him as he pushed open the stairwell door and ushered her through first.

 

"Kyuhyun! I put you on Jeri duty!" Jun claimed, pointing towards the younger man.

 

SJ's maknae gave him his signature grin and a mock salute before dashing off after them, the sound of Jeri yelling at him no doubt from his scaring her.

 

As per the usual routine, the hike up the stairs ended with Ryeowook and Kyuhyun slightly exhausted while Jeri patted their backs while mumbling an apology.

 

"Alright, so they should just be passed here," Ryeowook claimed, leading them around a corner and knocking on the door that had several loud voices behind it.

 

"Hello~?"

 

"Who is it~?"

 

Before Ryeowook could answer, Jeri clamped her hands over his mouth with a devious grin spread out onto her lips.

 

"OPPA!! OPPA IT'S MEE! CAN I COME IN THE BLOOD FROM THE OTHER GIRLS WILL STAIN MY HANDS!!" she squealed, pounding on the door.

 

Kyuhyun slapped his hands over his mouth and snorted in an attempt to keep himself from bursting out laughing, especially when the other side of the door remained eerily quiet.

 

Ryeowook finally pried the girl's hands off of his mouth and gave her a scolding glare. "Jeri! Don't say stuff like that it's terrifying!"

 

"But she did it so well!!" Kyuhyun howled, holding his stomach and leaning against the wall so that he didn't fall over.

 

"Aish, I did not! Ya! Open the door so the one named Chen can set something on fire with me!" Jeri barked, knocking on the door again. "Wait… Smiles did say it was Chen right?"

 

"I dunno, you might be able to do it with Baekhyun too," Ryeowook chuckled, rolling her eyes at the two younger's behaviours.

 

The door opened and a boy around Jeri's age stood there with a baffled look on his face.

 

"Ah, Kai-ssi, sorry about that; she gets a little loud when she's nervous," Ryeowook laughed, rubbing the back of his head.

 

"YA! Why would I be nervous, they're just boys; I'm constantly around you guys there's no way that they'd make me nervous," Jeri barked, crossing her arms over her chest with a pout.

 

"Kai, Jeri. Jeri this is Kai, lead dancer of EXO-K," the eternal maknae continued, ignoring her remark.

 

"I'm sorry…. but I don't recognise you…" Kai apologized, giving her a sorry look.

 

Jeri’s expression instantly flattened. "I'm going back to my room."

 

"Ya, ya! Jeri-ah!" Kyuhyun laughed, reaching out for her as she spun around to leave. "He's kidding, he's kidding!"

 

"Noona I'm sorry! Ryeowook-hyung said that you were a joker so I thought it'd be funny!" Kai yelped, waving his hand as a couple laughs from inside the room sounded.

 

Jeri continued to pout and Kai gave her another apologetic look, motioning for the three to enter the room. Jeri followed in behind Kyuhyun as he tugged her by her shirt sleeve and her jaw nearly dropped at seeing the copious amount of bodies squished in the room.

 

"I thought Super Junior was the biggest group!" she gawked, quickly counting the number of heads.

 

"We still are I'll have you know!" Kyuhyun huffed. "Including Henry and Zhou Mi we have thirteen members and EXO has twelve."

 

"Ooooo, that one extra person must make you feel extra special," Jeri mocked, raising an eyebrow at him.

 

A couple of the boys snickered as Kyuhyun gave her a playful glare.

 

"Guys, this is Tambourine's maknae, Jeri. Jeri this are the EXO boys," Ryeowook introduced.

 

"Sound off!" one of them cheered. "I'm Chanyeol! Nice to meet you!"

 

"I'm Suho, it's nice to meet you Jeri."

 

"I'm D.O."

 

"Baekhyun!"

 

"Sehun!"

 

"Xiumin!"

 

"Lay!"

 

"Tao!"

 

"Luhan!"

 

"Chen!"

 

"And I'm Kris."

 

"Wait, Kris? Ah, you and I are singing together with Key and Amber tomorrow, let's do our best!" Jeri laughed, giving him a thumbs up with a grin.

 

"You guys never got the chance to meet because one of you was always busy, so I figured why not meet each other now while you can," Ryeowook explained with a laugh.

 

"How old are you??" Baekhyun asked with a raised eyebrow.

 

"I was born in 1992," Jeri replied. "I'm only older than a handful of you-"

 

"Actually you're older than more than half of them, because you were born in March," Kyuhyun chuckled.

 

"Awww! I was hoping I'd always be the oldest 92er!" Baekhyun booed with a pout.

 

"Noona's from Europe right? Where in Europe?" Tao asked, stumbling over his pronunciation a few times.

 

"I'm from Ireland, not Scotland!" she claimed, emphasising her last words while glaring at Kyuhyun.

 

"Potato potaato…" the man huffed with a shrug.

 

"Ireland… so you speak English?" Jeri nodded. "Just like Kris-hyung~!"

 

"And Amber, and Jessica, and Krystal, and BoA, and Tiffany-have you noticed that it's mostly the girls who speak English?" Jeri rambled, listing names off of her fingers.

 

The boys let out a short round of laughter as Kyuhyun chuckled, ruffling her hair while she glared up at him.

 

"So these be the rookies huh?"

 

Jeri jumped slightly when a pair of arms were thrown over her shoulders from behind, a chin landing on top of her head.

 

"Yes so play nice Jub-Jub!" Jeri warned, raising an eyebrow and shifting slightly to look up at her brother.

 

"Oi, I always play nice with the new kids, not my fault they run away from my charm!" Jun huffed.

 

"You're disgusting go away!" Jeri barked, swinging around and pushing him out of the room.

 

"I'll meet you guys properly tomorrow bye!" Jun laughed, waving at them as his sister dragged him away. "You're such a spoilsport! I wanted to meet the new kids too!"

 

"No, you wanted to embarrass me in front of potential friends and I'm not giving you the chance!" Jeri huffed, tugging him behind her towards the stairs.


Jun simply rolled his eyes and allowed himself to be toted away, a grin on his face when his sister began muttering to herself.

 


I'm trying to get back into the rhythm of updating once every week, so here is yet another chapter~

Thank you for subscribing and following along with me as I attempt to bring you an even greater experience with Jeri and the gang~!

Thank you to all subscribers as well as silent readers, and a special thanks to arandomperson, iheartbts, FixRate, DolphinWorld, Arashi93 and Xxdreamergirl for upvoting~!