Geek in the Ink

Unrelenting Fortitude

Jeri scrolled through the messages on her phone again, a smile quickly spreading across her face upon seeing all of the farewell wishes she had gotten, not just from the SuJu members, but a couple others from other SM groups, like Key from SHINee telling her to bring him back some Canadian fashion(funnily enough, Zhou Mi had texted her the exact same thing) and Amber from f(x) texting her for all of the other girls wishing her a safe trip.

 

"Alright brat, phone in pocket, we're about to land," Jun chimed, nudging her in the arm with his elbow.

 

Jeri nodded and pocketed her phone and turned to look out the window.

 

It didn't seem like all that long ago that the siblings had last been to Canada, and it wasn't really; only about a year and a couple months, if that could be considered a short time ago…

 

The plane landed on the tarmac and pulled up to the extendable walkway, it stretching out to meet the plane once it stopped. After being told to, everyone stood and began the task of grabbing their bags from the overhead compartments and make their ways off the plane, Jun and Jeri going through their usual airport tradition of holding hands until they were clear of the crowd and in the baggage claim area.

 

"It almost feels surreal being back here," she laughed.

 

"Now, now, we're in Canada, sprechen zee English," Jun teased with a smirk.

 

"Sprechen is German you twit," she laughed, bumping him with her hip.

 

Jun simply rolled his eyes and reached out to grab his luggage when it came by on the conveyor belt. Jeri's wasn't far behind it and he tugged that off of the belt and handed it to his sister before the duo moved out to the parking lot where a line of taxis were waiting for potential passengers. Throwing their bags into the trunk of one of the yellow cars and climbing into the back, Jeri flipped open her phone and opened one of the messages she had gotten before they'd left Korea.

 

"Where to?" the driver asked, folding his newspaper and placing it on the passenger seat.

 

"109 Berkley Crescent," Jeri read.

 

The driver nodded and started up the car, pulling out of his spot and away from the airport.

 

"You excited?" Jun asked looking over at his sister.

 

"I'm excited and a little nervous, but I think that's a normal thing," she laughed.

 

Jun smiled and ruffled her hair slightly before turning his eyes back to the window, watching as the scenery sped by.

 

Jeri reached into her backpack and pulled out the drawing that her and Kyuhyun had collaborated on. Now that she was so close to getting it permanently engraved into her skin, she was starting to see many flaws in the drawing. Some of the heads were too big while others were too small, clothing didn't seem to suit them and the vines looked too cliché.

 

"Stop fidgeting you're making me nervous," Jun laughed, placing a comforting hand on his sister's knee.

 

"Sorry… just…"

 

"Nervous… I know."

 

"Here we are," the driver claimed, pulling up to a familiar house.

 

"Already??" Jeri squeaked.

 

"You zoned out," Jun laughed, pulling himself out of the taxi.

 

Jeri sighed and pocketed the picture, pulling herself out of the vehicle while Jun paid the driver.

 

Once they had their suitcases, the duo marched up the sidewalk, Jeri bouncing up the steps to knock on the door. Seconds later, it swung open to reveal a beaming purple goth.

 

"Jeri~♪!"

 

"Harley~♪!" Jeri sang back, hugging the older girl when she opened her arms.

 

"Jun's here too~!"

 

"Yeah but Jeri's my favourite," Harley teased, sticking her tongue out at him.

 

Jun simply rolled his eyes but couldn't help a smile crossing onto his face.

 

"Come on in, you can rest your weary minds here before we go adventuring," Harley claimed, leading the siblings further into the house.

 

"Speaking of going on an adventure, where is this artist that the brat's been babbling on and on about?" Jun laughed.

 

"He's at work right now, but he said that he'd pop by around 4 for a bit to talk to Jeri," Harley replied, sitting on the couch.

 

"To talk to me? Why's that?"

 

"Well he needs to figure out what kind of tattoo you want, and how long it'll take him to do it so he doesn't end up over-booking himself," Harley explained.

 

"Overbooking? Does he get a lot of people asking for tattoos?" Jun asked, surprised by the news.

 

"Not a lot really, but he gets enough for it to be impressive for only going for a year," Harley chuckled. "I'm being a horrible hostess, do you guys want anything to drink or eat?"

 

"Can I have some cake?" Jeri grinned.

 

"If you feel like walking into town you're welcome to go find one," Harley called back with a laugh.

 

Jeri simply chuckled as Harley came out with some water and sugar cookies, placing them on the coffee table so the idols could dig in.

 

Idle chatter was traded until the front door opened to reveal a familiar man with a pink and green mohawk that fell over to one side of his face.

 

"Hi Josh~!" Jeri sang, waving at him.

 

"Hey~, you guys actually showed up," he teased, walking over and hugging the girl when she stood and opened her arms.

 

"After spending that much money on plane tickets I would hope we'd make it here," Jun chuckled.

 

Josh simply laughed and brought his attention back to the teen.

 

"So… I hear you want a tattoo," he smiled.

 

Jeri nodded and began to pull out the picture. "I had a friend try and help me to draw it out, but after looking at it I'm starting to see a bunch of things wrong an-"

 

"Well there's only one way to find out," Josh claimed, taking the paper from her.

 

He opened it and his eyebrow instantly raised.

 

"Hmm… I don't know…. you want this for your first tattoo?" Josh questioned.

 

"I wanted to get something to symbolize my friendship with the guys from Super Junior…" Jeri murmured.

 

"Mmmm… I'm not sure something like this would actually be a good idea," Josh hummed, turning the paper from side to side as if trying to find a different angle for it. "You can certainly do a type of symbolism for a good friendship… but this seems like a little much. That and it's your first tattoo, so you generally want to try something simple first before getting into the bigger details."

 

"Well… what do you suggest then?" Jeri huffed with a pout.

 

Josh laughed and walked over to a bookshelf with a stack of paper on it and pulled a pen out of his pocket before sitting beside his sister.

 

"Let me try to do a quick sketch," he said, his brows quickly drawing together as he placed Kyuhyun's picture next to the paper.

 

Jeri sat down beside her brother and bent over to try and watch Josh draw. Jun nudged her with his knee and raised an eyebrow at his sister, Jeri internally smacking herself.

 

"Oh! Josh, this is my brother Jun, he's in Tambourine with me. Jun this is Josh, Harley's younger brother," Jeri introduced, motioning between the two boys.

 

Josh didn't take his eyes off of his drawing and simply raised his hand for the older man to shake, Jun laughing but shaking it.

 

"Here, how about something like this?" Josh asked, turning the paper towards Jeri. "It can still symbolize the guys from Super Junior but it's not as complex and confusing."

 

The drawing was a long cursive looking line with a shadow and thirteen names were placed inside the line and flowed with its curves.

 

"What's with the line?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

Josh chuckled and leaned over to trace the shape with his finger.

 

"S, u, j, u."


 

"Oh, I see! Wait how did you know that their abbreviation was SuJu?" she asked as Jun laughed.

 

Josh rolled his eyes then thumbed towards his sister, Harley giving Jeri a cheesy smile.

 

"What? I've been trying to learn about the almighty Tambourine and Super Junior was one of the bands that came up when I searched Jeri Isami," she explained.

 

"So she was originally our fan but your boyfriends stole her heart in the end," Jun sighed, dramatically rolling his eyes with a small smile.

 

Jeri let out a dejected whine and pouted at Harley.

 

"What!? No, I'm still Jeri's number one fan… Super Junior's just a close second… What?? It's a group of really hot Korean men what do you expect me to say??" Harley huffed when Jeri's pout grew.

 

"Who's your favourite, Jeri might be able to get you a signed photo," Jun asked with a laugh, leaning back into the couch.

 

"I'm not sure yet… though the Chinese member is kind of cute~"

 

"Careful Harley, Jeri looks like she might eat you," Josh laughed, noticing Jeri's pout turn into a glare.

 

"What, does Jeri like him already~?" Harley teased.

 

"Hannie is my Hannie and I refuse to share! Kyuhyun and Henry are mine too!" Jeri huffed childishly.

 

"Henry? Who's Henry?" the siblings asked.

 

"Henry's a member of Super Junior, just like Zhou Mi," Jeri replied like it was obvious.

 

"Really?" Josh asked, looking back down to the picture she had brought with her. "You didn't put them in your picture."

 

"I DIDN'T!?!?!"

 

Jeri snatched up the picture and sure enough, Henry and Zhou Mi hadn't been included.

 

"Oh my God I deserve nothing less than death!!" Jeri cried. "How could I have forgotten Pancake and Tui!?"

 

"Nicknames," Jun laughed upon seeing the two's confused looks.

 

"Well how about this," Josh began, taking back his drawing. "I'll make an addition to this one and  we can call it a donation to my first celebrity customer," he laughed.

 

"Wow really~? Thank you Joshie~~!" Jeri sang, clapping her hands together.

 

The other three chuckled and Josh added onto the tattoo design.

 

"Do you know what the characters for their names are?" he asked.

 

"Henry is from Canada so-"

 

"Is he really!?" Harley gawked.

 

"Yeah he's from Toronto if I remember correctly," Jeri laughed.

 

"But remember, Jeri's not willing to share," Jun snickered.

 

Harley pouted and Jeri scribbled down several attempts at Zhou Mi's name in Chinese.

 

"I love how they all have this really fancy scripture and then there's just "Henry"," Harley chuckled, watching her brother copy the characters.

 

"You could write the characters for it-"

 

"No! I have a better idea!" Jeri grinned, stealing the paper and quickly writing some more characters on it. "There, put that before his name!"

 

"What does it say?" Jun asked, leaning over to try and see.

 

When he didn't get an answer from his sister, Jun pouted on the couch as Josh copied the characters.

 

"Alright, so I'll go back to the studio and ink this for you so it's ready for tomorrow. I'll put you in around 1 OK?" Josh claimed, carefully folding the picture and sliding it into his pocket.

 

Jeri nodded and Josh patted her head with a smile.

 

"And don't be nervous, I think you'll wear it well."

 

Josh was out the door before Jeri could reply, leaving the three in the house alone once again.

 

-=-=-=-

 

"I got it brat," Jun claimed, quickly grabbing the luggage off of the belt and extending the handle for his sister.

 

"I'm sore not a cripple you punk," Jeri huffed, taking the handle none-the-less. "And it's not even in an area that effects my arms…"

 

"Yeah, and I'm going to take advantage of it in every way possible until you're back to normal," he grinned.

 

Jeri simply rolled her eyes and followed him out of the airport.

 

Before they could get outside, a green blur flew by Jun and quickly enveloped his sister in a hug, Jeri wincing when pressure was put on her pelvis.

 

"You left me for a week and a half I was so aloneee~~!" Henry booed, swinging her in his arms slightly.

 

He froze suddenly and jumped away like he'd been burned. "I'm sorry I was probably hitting your tattoo area!"

 

"Don't worry about it, Pancake," she laughed.

 

"Jeri~~! I wanna seeee~!" the boy whined, bouncing on his feet. "Is it in a place where I can see??"

 

"As long as you're not embarrassed by a low waistline," she laughed, lifting her shirt up slightly to reveal blue ink.

 

"You got it on your pelvis?? Didn't that hurt??" Henry asked, looking slightly concerned.

 

"You guys were worth the pain," she laughed, pulling the rim of her jeans down enough so that he could see the tattoo.

 

"Aaha, it says SuJu! Aawwwww, and you have mine and Zhou Mi's names on it too-wait does that say what I think it says?" he laughed, pointing to the characters in front of his name.

 

"Well your name is English so there aren't really any characters for it and I didn't want it to look boring," Jeri laughed as Jun walked over.

 

"Yeah and the entire time we were over there she refused to let me see or tell me what it said!" he huffed, crossing his arms with a pout.

 

Henry looked back to the girl to she had a grin on her face making him chuckle and turn towards the older man.


"It says Pancake."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Managed to get his one out on time this time X3 Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and I'll see you all next year ;)

Thank you for subscribing and following along with me as I attempt to bring you an even greater experience with Jeri and the gang~!

Thank you to all subscribers as well as silent readers, and a special thanks to arandomperson, iheartbts, FixRate and DolphinWorld for upvoting~!