Introductions

Unrelenting Fortitude

November quickly sped by for Tambourine and soon it was early December. The snow was thick on the ground outside and the air was frigid, though inside practise room 218 the air was warm as the four continued to practise rigorously, even their usually high endurance lead dancer beginning to sweat and pant from exertion.


“I can’t dance… another step…” Harii panted, falling to the ground with a thump.

“I agree,” Jun groaned, joining the Korean on the cool floor.

“Majority rules,” Setiawan sighed, also flopping down onto the ground. “We take a ten minute break… starting now.”

Jeri wasn’t receiving enough oxygen to even consider fighting against the three older men, groaning as she lowered herself into a sitting position by her brother’s hip.

The practise room remained silent save for the pants of the four, Jeri recuperating faster than the others and standing to go fetch water and hand them out to the boys while keeping one for herself.

“What… time is it?” Harii asked, his breathing starting to return to normal finally, though his eyes remained closed.

Jeri lifted Jun’s arm to look at his watch. “Quarter after three,” she relayed.

“So that’s why I’m so hungry,” Jun groaned, not moving even when his sister dropped his arm back to the floor.

“OK, change of plans,” Setiawan grunted, pushing himself into a standing position and running his hands through his hair. “We get our lungs back to proper working order, go get a late lunch, then keep practising.”

“Here here!” Harii agreed, lifting his fist into the air from his spot on the ground.

Jeri was the first to stand from the ground again and stretch out her back, a few of her bones cracking as she did making Harii whine.

“That’s so disgusting please stop,” the Korean groaned, clamping his hands over his ears.

“If you don’t like it then don’t listen,” Jun chuckled, eyes still closed.

“I’M TRYING NOT TO!” Harii barked, kicking his feet in the air childishly.

The other three simply laughed and slowly got to their feet, Jeri pulling Harii from the floor when she promised she wouldn’t crack any more bones in his presence.

Making their way out of their practise room after grabbing their winter wear, the four headed down the hall, down the stairs and out the front doors of the building.

“What do we want to eat?” Setiawan asked, his eyes scanning around for a place they can grab lunch.

“Pizza!!” the other three cheered, throwing their hands in the air with a laugh.

Setiawan couldn’t help but laugh. “Mind readers, the lot of you. OK, now we just have to find a pizza place.”

“Isn’t there one a few streets over?” Jun asked, pointing further down the street in front of them.

“We can try it, and if it’s not there, I say we it up, pay the delivery charge, and have them come to us,” Harii sighed, rubbing his mittened hands over his grumbling stomach with a small pout.

The other three nodded in agreement and continued down the streets.

The quartet turned many heads as they walked down the street, either due to Jun and Jeri physically looking foreign or Setiawan’s tall stature coupled with his bright blond hair, it more than likely being the later.

“CLOSED!?” Jun roared. “Are you kidding me!?”

“But… my stomach…” Harii whimpered, his head hanging.

Jeri stepped forward and cupped her gloves around her eyes to look through the glass front door of the pizzeria. “The place looks immaculate inside; I’d be astounded if they were even open yesterday.”

“But whyyyyyyy,” Jun whined, thumping his forehead against the glass. “I feel faint…”

“Oh stop you drama king, you’ll be fine,” Jeri scoffed, giving her brother an irritated look.

“We’ll stick to Harii’s plan,” Setiawan stepped in. “Let’s head back to headquarters, order in and get a little more practise in before it arrives.”

The trio agreed, though unhappily, and they all made their way back to the large building with empty hands.

Squeezing past the squealing fangirls holding various sizes of both blue and red posters, the four slowly trudged their way back towards their practise room.

“You guys look like the walking dead,” a voice called out with a laugh.

The four turned to see one of the Super Junior members poking his head out of a door they had just passed.

“Please not now hyung, I’m too hungry,” Jun groaned, his shoulders slumping and head hanging dramatically.

Jeri rolled her eyes again and stuffed her hands in her pockets, though she felt a small embarrassed flush of her cheeks when her stomach too gave a particularly loud growl.

“Wait one second,” the member grinned, quickly going back into the practise room.

The quartet exchanged confused looks for a few seconds before the man came back out.

“We were just about to have some lunch delivered ourselves, do you guys want to sit with us?” he offered, giving them a grin.

“YES PLEASE!” Jun, Jeri and Harii all exclaimed.

“We’ll happily pay for our portions too Donghae,” Setiawan laughed, giving the younger a nod in thanks.

Donghae simply laughed and motioned for the four to enter the room, them thanking him for the entrance while shucking their winter coats, mittens, scarves and hats.

“Welcoooooooome Tambourine~~!” Leeteuk cheered with a laugh, tossing his hands above his head from his spot on the floor.

“Donghae said that you guys were hungry,” Shindong hummed, understanding in his tone.

“We just came from a few streets down to try and get some pizza, but apparently the store either closed down or closed early today,” Setiawan explained, placing his winter gear in a neat pile by the door with the others’.

“Well what a coincidence; we were going to order pizza in as well,” Sungmin smiled, motioning for four to come and sit with them. “Are you guys all OK with plain cheese?

“Are you kidding, I live for cheese pizza!” Jun laughed, walking over to the group and sitting with them, his sister right behind him.

Tambourine sat with Super Junior in one large circle on the floor, Jun sitting beside Eunhyuk, with Jeri beside him, then Harii, Setiawan and Siwon on the blond’s other side.

“So,” Kangin began, we found out last time that Setaiwan-hyung is an 84er and Harii is an 86er, what are you two?” he asked, motioning towards the two siblings.

“I was born in 1987, so in Korean standards I’m 19,” Jun replied, with a toothy grin.

"How old are you?" Heechul asked, giving Jeri a slightly scrutinising look.

 

"I turned fifteen in March," she replied.

 

"You're only fifteen!?"  Donghae questioned, sounding baffled by the answer.

 

"Why, how old did you guys think I was?" she chuckled, stuffing her hands in her pockets.

 

"Maybe Ryeowook or Kyuhyun's age…" Kibum laughed, looking over at the two.

“Well sorry to burst your bubbles then,” Jeri chuckled, giving him a corny smile.

“You guys made your debut last year right?” Jun suddenly asked, looking around to the 13 men. “I think I remember seeing you guys around the halls when the two of us joined,” he claimed, thumbing to himself and his sister.

“Yeah, we made our debut on SBS’s Popular Song on November 6th,” Leeteuk recalled, a blissful tone in his voice.

“I remember watching it on TV,” Harii laughed.

“I remember you squealing like a fangirl and almost rupturing my eardrums,” Jeri snickered, covering her smile with her hand.

The boys all burst out laughing as Harii turned to give Jeri a glare mixed with a pout, the girl still attempting to cover up her chuckles.

“So you guys have seen us before, do you know any of our names?” Siwon asked, looking over at the four.

Harii raised his hand, as did Setiawan, Jun making a so-so gesture while Jeri looked worried.

“It’s alright if you don’t know all of our names,” Hankyung laughed, noticing her mild panic. “It’s always a little harder for foreigners to grasp names from different countries; I should know.”

“Ah yes, Hyung’s from China right?” Harii suddenly beamed. “I almost forgot with you not having an accent.”

“Hankyung does still have an accent, it’s just not as predominant as it used to be,” Heechul claimed, slapping his friend on the back with an approving nod.

“Well if Hyung can do it I don’t see why we can’t,” Jun laughed.

“You already speak better than he does,” Yesung claimed.

A few of the others laughed as the China native sent the main vocalist a glare.

“Yesung-hyung has a point though; your Korean is almost flawless Jun-ssi, how long have you guys been in Korea?” Eunhyuk asked.

Jun looked over at his sister. “When did we get our tickets? Was that still 2005 or 2004?” he asked, suddenly skipping back into English.

I think it was 2004,” Jeri agreed, raising her eyes to the ceiling in thought. “Because dad was saying you had to take care of your tweeny sister.”

“So yeah, we got here in 2004,” Jun replied, switching back to Korean.

“They’ve only been here two years and they speak like they’ve been here ten,” Ryeowook laughed.

“That’s good right?” Jeri questioned, looking over at her brother for confirmation.

The others laughed as Jun patted his sister on the shoulder with a smile.

“We had an extremely patient teacher,” Jun chuckled, looking over in Harii’s direction.

“You taught them Korean, Hyunki?” Kibum asked.

“Ya! I may be short but I’m still your Hyung!” the boy barked with a laugh, waving his finger in the younger man’s direction.

The others all let out a short round of laughter as Kibum quickly bowed his head in apology, though he too had a playful smile stretched across his face.

“So, Jun motioned that he knew some of our names, does Jeri not know any?” Leeteuk asked with a laugh, looking over at the youngest.

Jeri simply gave him a sheepish smile making him and a few of the others laugh.

“I have a general idea of a couple names, but I’d be afraid I’d butcher them and accidentally insult someone’s mother…” she claimed, shifting her eyes down to her toes as her ears burned from embarrassment.

“But you speak so well though…” Sungmin hummed.

“Jeri’s always struggled with names, even when we lived back in Ireland she was horrible with remembering them and pronouncing ones that belonged to foreigners,” Jun laughed. “It took her nearly an entire year to get Setiawan-hyung’s name right.”

“Hey! I did pretty well considering Korea is not my native country, as you can tell," Jeri huffed, motioning to herself making some of the others chuckle. "So I’m sorry if I butcher names when I try to pronounce them!” She turned to the Super Junior members this time. “Feel free to harass me with the proper pronunciation until I get it right, I'm sure I'll learn eventually.”

The group simply laughed but nodded at her request.

“Well, should we introduce ourselves then?” Yesung suggested, looking around the circle to see everyone nod at the idea.

“Well, my name is Siwon,” he introduced, placing a hand over his chest and giving her a smile.

"My name is Donghae,” the dancer beamed.

 

"My name is Sungmin," he smiled, giving her a cute grin.

“My name is Hankyung,” the China native smiled, giving Jeri a small wave.


"Heechul," he introduced shortly.

 

"Bless you," Jeri replied instantly.

 

The guys burst out into laughter, some of them slapping their neighbour on the shoulder as some fell back onto the floor. Harii, and Setiawan simply hung their heads in their hands while Jun laughed along with the others.

 

"Oh that was your name!? I'm so sorry!!" she apologised with a slightly panicked look, waving her hands back and forth.

 

Heechul, though slightly miffed about her outburst, hadn’t been able to help the disbelieving laugh from coming out of his throat. When he saw her genuine concern about having possibly offended him, he simply rolled his eyes and waited for the noise to tone down.

"Heechul," he repeated.

 

"Heechul?" she tested.

“My name is Yesung,” the main vocalist chuckled from beside him, patting him good naturedly on the shoulder.

 

“My name is Leeteuk, I’m the leader of Super Junior,” he introduced, giving her a dimpled smile.

“Oh now he’s just showing off,” Jun snickered.

Leeteuk let out his telltale laugh as a few of the others laughed as well.

"I am Shindong, the cutie pie of Super Junior!” the larger man cheered, making a pose causing the others to snicker and Jeri to chuckle.

My name is Kibum,” he introduced in English. “It’s nice to meet all of you.”

“You speak English?” Jeri gawked.

“You speak pretty well too, did you live in the states or something?” Jun asked.

“My family moved to California when I was ten, so I know a little,” Kibum smiled.

Jun turned to his sister with a grin. “I expect you to take full advantage of this whenever you see them, check?” he grinned.

The others including Jeri laughed, the girl holding up her pinky for his to shake with his own.

I am Korean number one lucky guy! Kangin!” the man cheered in his broken English.

Really? Why are you lucky? And are you lucky to others or just to yourself?” Jeri replied, clearly teasing him.

“Yes that’s right!” he replied, clearly not having understood what Jeri had asked.

Her, Jun and Kibum laughed while the others just nodded along, only having caught small bits and pieces of their words.

 

"My name is Ryeowook," he introduced next, giving a cute smile and a polite bow.

 

Jeri simply gave him a baffled look making him and the others laugh.

 

"You’ll learn all of them in time,” Setiawan laughed, reaching around Harii to pet the girl on the shoulder.

Jeri gave the boy an apologetic look causing him to laugh and shake his hands in front of him, silently gesturing that it was alright.

 

"Kyuhyun," he grunted quietly, not raising his eyes from the hole in his jeans he was fiddling with.

The Super Junior members didn’t say anything about his slightly rude introduction, but Jeri casted a raised eyebrow towards her brother, Jun simply shrugging.

"Of course, we saved the best and most dashing member for last~!” Eunhyuk proclaimed, placing one hand up in the air while the other rested on his chest over his heart. “My name is Eunhyuk, lead dancer and visual of Super Junior~”

“Lead visual??” Jeri questioned, her eyebrow raising again. “But you look like a fish…”

“JERI!!” Herii squawked, giving her a horrified look.

The others in the room however were all doubled over in laughter, even Eunhyuk himself.

“I can’t believe you just said that! How many times have I told you to think before you speak!” Harii continued to roar.

Jeri simply kept her head bowed and her posture humble, allowing the Korean native to berate her for her words, which she understood she deserved.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I'm sorry that this chapter is late guys. I recently got a new full time job and i've been getting home at midnight most nights. I WILL continue to update as fast as I can(hopefully putting another chapter up tomorrow before I go back to work) so please look forward to it :)

Thanks for subscribing and following along with me as I attempt to bring you an even greater experience with Jeri and the gang~! Also guys, I'm not sure if you've seen it or not, but be sure to give me feedback on what I posted for the first "chapter", if you guys aren't interested then tell me and I won't do it, but I don't know how to interpret silence XD

 


Thank you to all subscribers as well as silent readers, and a special thanks to arandomperson and iheartbts for upvoting~!