Night on the SMTown

Unrelenting Fortitude

"Morning guys~!" Nyua sang as she walked into the dorm.

"Nyua~~ Good morning~!" Jeri sang, giving the manager an enthusiastic wave.

"You're over a bit early aren’t you?" Jun asked, handing his sister a mug of warm milk.

"I came over as soon as I got the news so I could tell you right away," Nyua cheered, giving them a bright smile.

The four idols gave her a confused look making her laugh and begin digging in her purse. She took out a sheet of paper and handed it to Setiawan when he walked over.

"SMTown Live '10 World Tour?" he questioned. "Hasn't that started already?"

"It officially started back in August 0f 2010 here is Seoul, but SM Town stretches to span over a fairly long period of time, and because you guys have finished all of your promotions for Dark Times back in early August, you can go to the shows they're having in Tokyo and New York City," Nyua explained.

Jeri took the paper from Setiawan and her eyes instantly went down the list of participants.

"Henry and Zhou Mi are going to be in Tokyo and New York!?!" she squealed, her face instantly breaking out into a grin.

"Wow, almost everyone's going to be in Tokyo…" Harii gawked.

"That just means it'll be a better party," Jun grinned, throwing his arms across the two's shoulders.

"Count me in!" Jeri cheered, pumping her fist into the air.

When the men nodded in agreement, Nyua clapped her hands together with a smile.

"I'll be sure to tell SooMan-Oppa that we'll be participating in Tokyo's stage then," she claimed.

"Just Tokyo?" Jeri questioned.

"Well… I thought you wouldn't want to after…"

Nyua's words faded when she shifted her eyes over to Harii, the Korean instantly pouting.

"Just because I'm not here doesn't mean you guys get to skip out on New York!" he huffed. "You have to go and take lots of pictures for me!"

"Fine, but you have to buy us dinner," Jun chuckled, patting the older man on the back.

"Deal!"

"Well… I guess we're going back to Japan," Setiawan chuckled.

-=-=-

TB climbed out of the van and waited for Nyua to dash in front of them and lead them through the crowd in front of the hotel. Once they walked through the front doors, Jeri's head went into swivel mode, eagerly looking for any familiar faces.

"Clover~~!"

"Pancake~~!!!" Jeri squealed, dropping her bags and dashing over to the Canadian.

"How's my beautiful Irish girl been? It's been so long~!" Henry laughed, quickly hugging her back.

"Stop being so dramatic, you saw each other two weeks ago!" Kyuhyun chuckled.

"Nawww, Kyutie you don't need to be jealous~ I missed you too!" Jeri grinned, quickly hugging him around the middle with her other arm.

"Where's my hug!?"

"Tui!!" Jeri cheered, quickly dashing over and hugging the tall man.

"Yeah don't worry about us, I'm sure Harii would love to lug your bags up to our rooms…" Jun huffed.

"Ya! Who said I was doing it!"

"Thanks Harii, I love you~!" Jeri sang while being pulled away by the M members.

"Why is it always me…" Harii whined with a pout.

While the boys took a quick stop up to their rooms, Jeri was tugged along to the large dining room where the others were.

"There she is~!" Amber laughed as they walked in.

"This is your first SMTown right? How are you feeling so far?" Victoria asked, a smile on her face.

"I'm so nervous! I mean, we just got back from promoting Dark Times and suddenly we're here with everyone in Tokyo…" Jeri babbled, bouncing on her feet slightly.

"I'm sure you'll be awesome Jeri," Henry cheered, giving her a grin.

"And if not just blame it on your brother," Kyuhyun snickered.

The others laughed and Jeri could feel her nervousness slipping away.

-=-=-=-=-

"I'm not even the one leaving and I'm nervous," Jeri whimpered, her knees up against her chest.

"It's just a haircut Jeri, what's there to be nervous about?" Setiawan chuckled, patting her head.

"I'm worried about what'll happen after the haircut…"

Setiawan sighed but nodded, understanding the girl's words.

The excitement from their first experience at SM Town quickly fell once the group returned to South Korea. Basically as soon as they had gotten back, Harii had began packing a duffle bag and making phone calls for appointments and people he would not be able to see before he left.

"I feel so now…"

Three sets of eyes shot up to see Harii's once shoulder length hair had all but disappeared, walking out with a buzz-cut.

"You look ten years older," Setiawan chuckled.

"Ahahaha!! Now I'm your Hyung!" Harii cackled, pointing at the blond with a victorious smirk.

Setiawan rolled his eyes as Jun stood from his chair and walked over to the Korean. The man reached out and rubbed his palm across Harii's head, his eyes turning forlorn.

"Awwww… c'mon Junnie… please don't look at me like that… you'll make me cry…" Harii whimpered, tears already bordering his eyes.

"Hyunkiiiii!!" Jeri wailed, shooting up from her spot on the floor and running over to hug the man around his middle. "You're not allowed to leave us!!"

"Jeri-ah… please don't cry… you'll make me cry and my eyes will be all red for everyone outside…" Harii whimpered, quickly hugging her back.

Jun clenched his eyes shut but joined in on the group hug, wrapping his arms around his wailing sister and best friend while Setiawan watched with an understanding expression on his face.

After a few minutes, the three separated, Jeri quickly attempting to scrub away the tears from her eyes and face before giving the Korean an encouraging smile and nod. Setiawan stood from his chair and lead the four out of the hair salon towards their car, Nyua giving them all encouraging nods when they entered and drove them towards the bus depot.

The ride there was tense and quiet, nobody daring to speak for fear of one of them breaking down into another fit of tears.

"Harii… why do you like yellow so much?"

Rather than crying, the others burst out laughing from the random question coming from the maknae.

"I honestly have no clue… maybe because no-one else seems to like it, I mean, it must feel a little neglected for being so unloved right?" he replied with a chuckle.

"But it's just a colour…"

"Stop being a pain in the , he answered your question!" Jun barked.

"YA! WHO ASKED YOU!"

The two glared at each other and began having a swatting fight, Setiawan sighing while resting his face in his palm while Nyua laughed. Harii grinned from the backseat of the van and leaned forward, wrapping his arms around the sibling's shoulder and pulling them together so he could kiss both of their cheeks.

"My God I'm going to miss you guys; life will be so dull when you're not around," he laughed.

"YOU BETTER MISS US!" the two barked, giving him firm looks.

Harii and the others laughed as he settled back into his seat, Nyua making one last turn before arriving at their destination.

"Alright… everyone ready?" Nyua called back, giving the four an understanding look.

With a round of sighs, they nodded and exited the van, instantly being greeted with a small sea of cheering fan holding gold banners, balloons and signs for Harii.

"Wow, I knew people tended to show up for these things but I never imagined there'd be so many…" Jun gawked as they walked closer, the fans starting to cheer.

The four stood in a row in front of the fans and read over all of the support banners and pictures that they were holding up, appreciative smiles quickly growing onto their faces.

"I feel so loved~" Harii cooed, clasping his hands together with a smile.

"Damn right you're loved! Look at this! This is the first time I have ever not seen my face in the crowd!" Jun laughed, looking around the crowd.

"Oppa! Grow your hair quickly!!" one girl near the back shouted.

Harii laughed and nodded. "I'll grow it back quickly for you all, and I will do my best to return quickly as well."

The fans cheered and the other three chuckled, Jeri biting her lip to try and stop the tears.

"Although I'm leaving, I want everyone, not just those who are here, but those who are not as well, I want you all to know that I will forever remain a member of Tambourine, if not in body, in spirit. I will do my best while away and I hope that in my absence that I can count on all of our local and international fans to take care of the three members of my family that I am leaving behind."

After his short speech, Harii knelt down on the ground and bowed the the fans, them all cheering and waving their support items. He stood and gave them all a salute before turning back to s.

"C'mere kid," Setiawan coughed, quickly pulling the smaller man into a firm hug.

"Be safe you hear me! If anyone causes with you you give me a call an-"

"Jun!" Harii laughed, patting the brunette on the shoulder. "I'll stay safe, promise."

The two hugged, Jun smirking slightly and lifting the smaller man off of the ground, Harii letting out a short squeak making the fans laugh.

When his feet were back on the ground, Harii turned towards Jeri to see that her head was lowered, her bangs covering her face.

"Hannie… Kirby… Kangin… Itchy… and now you… why is everyone leaving me…?" she croaked, her hands coming up to cover her face.

Harri quickly dropped his bag onto the ground and brought the girl into a tight hug, letting her cry on his shoulder, a couple tears escaping his eyes as well. He finally pulled away and brought her head up to look at him, her cheeks stained with tears.

"Jeri… I want you to promise me something…"

The girl sniffed, rubbing her nose and nodding.

"No matter how hard things seem to get… no matter how much you want to give up… keep fighting. Stay strong. Stay stubborn." he paused when Jeri snorted in laughter making him smile and pat her hair. "I'll come back; it may seem like a long time now, but the days will fly by just like they always have. In the meantime, I need you to look after Setty-hyung and your brother for me; heaven help us all if Jun loses his keys again…"

Jeri laughed, and wiped her eyes with her sleeve, giving him a sad smile, but a nod none the less. Harii gave her a smile of his own, gave her another hug, then picked up his duffle bag and walked over to the bus.

-=-=-

The SM artists were lounging around in the large dining room in their New York hotel, chatting up a storm with each other, Setiawan sitting over with the SHINee boys. The two Isami siblings however, were sitting at a table on their lonesome, Jun with his head lowered, bags under his eyes and eyes no longer having a playful shine to them.

Despite what Harii had told her, September and October seemed to drag by, Jeri swearing that there were a couple times that the second hand on Jun's watch was going backwards rather than forwards. However, she had made a promise to the Korean before he left, and she had every intention of keeping it, especially when she saw her brother fall further and further into his little hole.

"Jun."

No response.

"Juuuuuuuuuunnnn~♪"

Nothing.

"Jun!"

Nope.

"YA! JUNICHI ARVIN ISAMI!!"

When her brother simply continued to stare at the tablecloth, Jeri huffed and stood up so fast that she knocked her chair back. She hopped up onto the table and glared down at him, gathering the attention of the other idols.

"If I'm not allowed to mope around then neither are you!!" Jeri announced, pointing a finger down at her brother.

"Who says I'm moping…" Jun mumbled, not looking up at her.

"Alright! Listen up Jub-Jub! You and me and Gantu are all going to do our best at this performance because we want to make Harii jealous about not being here with us. I mean, how dare he ditch when we're coming all the way to the U.S. to perform with everyone! We'll make him regret it, especially when we come home with a bunch of really good food! RIGHT!?!"

The other idols snickered at Jeri's declaration and face full of pure determination.

When she didn't get a reply from her brother, she moved her head to look back down at him to see his face in his hands, his shoulders shaking.

"YA! HOW DARE YOU WEEP AFTER MY MASTERFULL WAR CRY!!!" Jeri barked, smacking him on the back of the head.

"OW! You twit I'm not crying, I'm laughing because you're a complete loon!!" Jun laughed, wiping a few tears from his eyes. "Standing on top of a table and yelling like a 15th century general was something I only thought Yesung-hyung could do."

"YA! I HEARD THAT!"

The two laughed and Jeri came down from the table and gave her brother an expecting look.

"Well?"

Jun snickered and raised his fist, Jeri grinning and bumping hers into his.

"Let's make it the best show we've ever had."

 

---------------------------------

Oh my god guys I'm so sorry, but without my computer I don't know if I'll be able to keep up with updates. Trying to post through my iPad is so frustrating and glitchy DX. I'm moving into my new house, unfortunately, not until late September, so until then I'm going to take a short hiatus, write some chapter up so I have them ready and done, and hopefully be able to post many of them when I have a reliable piece of technology to work with. Again, I'm so sorry for the big gaps between updates , but I promise to see you all in September~~

Thank you for subscribing and following along with me as I attempt to bring you an even greater experience with Jeri and the gang~!

Thank you to all subscribers as well as silent readers, and a special thanks to arandomperson, iheartbts, FixRate, DolphinWorld and Arashi93 for upvoting~!