Hangeng's Got A Girlfriend

Unrelenting Fortitude

"I'm going home and I'm going to scrub myself with a clump of iron wool," Jeri growled, lifting her suitcase onto the conveyor belt.

 

"I don't think it was that bad…" Hangeng laughed, helping her to set it down when he noticed her struggling.

 

The kids choice awards had ended on cloud nine for the group; Hangeng had won Best Asian Act, which Jeri found phenomenal, and they had all ordered in food to celebrate back at the hotel. The next morning however, fans upon fans and paparazzi were swarming the outside of the hotel and a couple even snuck into the lobby, all but harassing poor Hangeng until Jeri and the others had had enough and pushed their way through the crowd towards their car. No matter which country you were in, there were always apparently going to be those people that just made you want to punch something…

 

The two boarded the plane along with the others back to China, more than ready to return to a country in which they felt comfortable.

 

"I just had an idea," Hangeng began as Jeri flopped down into her seat.

 

"Thanks for the warning,” Jeri snickered, quickly lifting her hood over her head and leaning against the side of the plane.

 

Hangeng rolled his eyes and sat down in the seat beside her and tugging her hood off of her head. "How about rather than dashing back off to Korea, you stick around with me for a couple days; have some bonding time since it's been so long."

 

"Don't you have schedules-doesn't he have schedules?" Jeri asked, quickly redirecting her question towards Sun Le, making Hangeng pout.

 

"Yes, when we get back Hangeng has to get ready to go to Changsa for filming on Happy Camp," the manager replied with a small laugh.

 

"Happy Camp? What's Happy Camp?" Jeri questioned, giving both of them a confused look.

 

"Tag along and you can find out," Hangeng dodged, giving her a smarmy grin.

 

Jeri gave him an apprehensive look, shifting her body around to look at his manager through the seats. "It's not something… weird… is it?"

 

The two men laughed making her raise an eyebrow in slight confusion.

 

"It's a lot like a variety show but with more talking and fun in my opinion," Hangeng replied, patting her on the head with a smile.

 

"A Chinese variety show? Sure why not, I'll tag along so long as I'm allowed to…" she replied with a shrug.

 

"Good, in the meantime you'll crash with me at my place again," Hangeng grinned.

 

Jeri repressed an eye roll as Sun Le chuckled behind them.

 

The plane ride back to China ended up with the two idols once again falling asleep, although this time both sat upright in their seats rather than using each other's shoulders. By the time the plane had landed and they had all gotten off and back to Hangeng's apartment, Jeri was ready to just sleep in the middle of the small living room.

 

"Nighty night~" she sang, sprawling out onto the hardwood on her stomach.

 

"Come on now, the guest bedroom's all made up for you and everything," Hangeng laughed, toeing her in the side.

 

"I nu wanna; it probably smells like other girl in there from your escapades while I was gone," she teased. "Hannie the pimp, I can see it."

 

"First off, I am not a pimp, that's just gross. And second it just so happens that you are the only girls who has slept in that room since I've bought this place," Hangeng chuckled, squatting down next to her. "Jer-Bear's the only woman in my life~"

 

"Lies. All of them lies, I saw those accounts of you out eating dinner with a fancy lady. Good for you though, at least one of us is getting some-"

 

"JERI!!" Hangeng squawked, giving her a baffled look.

 

Not able to hold it any longer the girl rolled onto her back and burst out laughing, covering her face with her arm.

 

"Wait… you almost sounded jealous…" Hangeng teased, poking her on the elbow with a grin.

 

"Me? Jealous? Of what? You dating a girl? That's absurd!" Jeri huffed. "Besides, I bet she didn't get to cake China's number one handsome guy on her birthday."

 

Hangeng rolled his eyes and took her arm away from her face to help her to her feet. "C'mon, go wash up so we can both go to bed and be up in time for our plane tomorrow."

 

"Don't wait up for me, go to bed if you're tired!" Jeri whined as she refused to stand.

 

Hangeng rolled his eyes again and bent down to lift her up and throw her over his shoulder.

 

"YA!! HANGENG PUT ME DOWN!!" she yelped, smacking him on the back with a laugh. "Don't make me kick you!"

 

Before she had the chance, the Chinaman slipped her off of his shoulder and ushered her into the bathroom, closing the door behind her.

 

"Are you saying I smell!?!" she barked through the door. "HANNIE I THOUGHT WE HAD SOMETHING SPECIAL!!"

 

Faintly hearing him snicker from the other side of the door before walking away, Jeri shrugged and stripped, before hopping into the shower. After a quick scrub here and there, she was turning off the water and drying herself off, realizing that she didn't have clothes in the bathroom with her making her sigh.

 

Poking her head out into the hall, she looked left and right to make sure Hangeng wouldn't catch her before dashing into the guest room and shutting the door behind her. She quickly dressed into a pair of flannel shorts and a long baggy shirt that she managed to steal from her brother.

 

She walked out of her room and found Hangeng was standing out on the balcony. She slid the glass door opened and could smell was he was doing out in the cold night air before he turned and let her see it.

 

"Ya you! That's a filthy habit!!" Jeri scolded, swatting away the smoke.

 

"Then don't look…" He chuckled, taking a small drag and blowing it at her with a teasing grin.

 

"IF YOU FEEL SUCH AN INSATIABLE NEED TO GIVE YOURSELF PREMATURE CANCER DO IT AWAY FROM MY GLORIOUS PRESENCE!!!" Jeri roared, reaching out and repeatedly smacking him on the chest.

 

Hangeng laughed and ruffled her hair. He placed the cigarette in his mouth and took her by the shoulders to turn her around, gently pushing her back into the apartment and closing the glass balcony door behind her. Jeri spun around and glared at him, crossing her arms over her chest and tapping her foot on the floor making him chuckle.

 

Taking the cigarette out of his mouth, her blew on the glass window and drew a heart with a corny smile on his face.

 

Jeri seemed to huff and blew on her side of the glass door, drawing a crack through his heart making him pout. Off to the side she blew on the glass again and quickly drew a no smoking plate on the glass making him roll his eyes and turn back to the night sky.

 

-=-=-

 

"Alright, here we are, you ready?" Hangeng smiled as the car pulled up.

 

"What's the show called again?" Jeri asked as the climbed out.

 

"Happy Camp."

 

"No no, the one that you were in… there are others from it here too," Jeri expanded with a small laugh.

 

"Oh! It's a movie and it's called 'To Our Youth That is Fading Away'… or 'So Young' if you don't like the long title," Hangeng laughed, changing the name when he noticed the girl's face scrunch up in confusion.

 

"And you never told me how this is going to work, am I going to stand in the back or…"

 

"You can come into the waiting area with Hangeng and the others and watch from the curtains with me," Sun Le replied with a chuckle, holding the door open for the two.

 

"Ooo, how fancy; makes me feel like a celebrity," Jeri grinned, giving him a thankful nod as she followed Hangeng further into the building.

 

The trio continued through the building until they entered the studio, quickly retreating into the back. Jeri couldn't help but slow down and let her head move around to take in the set, baffled by the sheer size and audience capacity.

 

"You're going to get lost if you don't stay close, come here," Hangeng laughed, reaching back and taking her hand.

 

Allowing herself to be toted after the man, Jeri quickly brought her eyes back in front of her and walked at his pace.

 

"Ah! Hangeng!"

 

The man froze in his step causing Jeri to slam into his back with a squeak.

 

"Ah, sorry Jeri, are you alright?" he quickly asked, turning to look at her.

 

"Yeah I'm OK, not the first time I've bumped into you…" Jeri huffed, rubbing her nose.

 

"It's been a while, who're you-who's the girl?" a man asked, slinging an arm over Hangeng's shoulders while giving Jeri a confused look.

 

"This is Jeri, she's a friend of mine from when I was still in Korea. Jeri, this is Zheng Kai, one of my co-actors in the movie," Hangeng introduced, motioning between the two.

 

"It's nice to meet you Zheng Kai…Ge?" Jeri greeted with a bow, looking up at Hangeng out of the corner of her eye for confirmation.

 

"Yes, he's older," Hangeng laughed as Zheng Kai returned the girl's greeting.

 

"For a foreigner you speak very good Chinese," he complimented.

 

"I’m still learning," Jeri replied with a smile.

“You’d never guess Jeri; you’re a natural,” Hangeng smiled, patting her on the shoulder.

 

"Wait… is this the same girl you babbled about on set?" Zheng Kai laughed, taking a better look at the girl.

 

"Babbled about me huh? Should I feel honoured or exposed?" Jeri teased, giving Hangeng a raised eyebrow as he attempted to cover his friend's mouth with his hand.

 

"Ya! Zishan! Hangeng's girlfriend is here!" Zheng Kai hollered with a laugh.

 

"Shut up shut up shut up!" Hangeng growled, covering his friend's mouth again as a few girls turned to look in their direction.

 

"Hangeng's… girlfriend…?" one of them questioned.

 

She turned her eyes to look at Jeri, the girl now standing in the middle of the small hallway awkwardly fiddling with her shirt sleeve.

 

"Oh! You must be Jeri~! Come over come over~!" she sang, waving her over with a smile.

 

Turning her head to see that Hangeng was clearly giving his friend a fierce scolding in whispers on the other side of the room, Jeri shrugged and walked over to the two girls.

 

"My name is Yang Zishan and this is Jiang Shuying," the girl introduced. "We're co-actors along with Hangeng."

 

"It's really nice to finally meet you face to face; Hangeng talked about you a lot during filming," Shuying laughed, offering her hand for a shake.

 

"Yeah, even Vikki started getting curious as to who you were," Zishan added, offering her hand as well.

 

"Do I even want to know what he said about me?" Jeri laughed, shaking their hands.

 

"Well… he missed you a lot for one, said that he wanted to go and visit but didn't have the time for it," Zishan began.

 

"He also said that you're a part of a singing group in South Korea with three other men," Shuying hinted with raised eyebrows.

 

"Yeah. One of them's my older brother, one is his best friend who is currently away for military service and the other is our tree," Jeri explained with a slight laugh.

 

"Tree?" both of them asked, giving her confused looks. "Is he tall?"

 

"Yeah, two more centimeters and he'd be 200 tall."

 

"EH!? No way!" Shuying gawked.

 

"There's no way someone is that tall!" Zishan added.

 

Jeri held up a finger towards them and dug into her back pocket for her wallet. She pulled it out and flipped it open, quickly pulling out and unfolding one of their group pictures and showing it to them.

 

"Oh my… he really is a tree isn't he…?" Shuying gapped as her and Zishan looked over the picture.

 

"Is that your brother?" Zishan asked, pointing to him.

 

"Yes, Jun."

 

"Ahh…. he's very handsome~"

 

Jeri bit her lip to keep herself silent as the girls continued to look over the picture.

 

"Hangeng said that you two were close; is his picture in there too?" Zishan asked with a teasing smile.

 

Jeri nodded and took out another picture and unfolded it. The picture was of the two groups on the day they had all gone to the water park back in 2008. A little off of the center, Jeri was squeezed in between Hangeng and Eunhyuk, both men with their arms across her shoulders, hers resting on theirs.

 

"Oh wow… I think any girl would have killed to have been in your position; squished in the middle of a group of ten plus good looking men," Shuying laughed, handing the picture back.

 

"Yeah… back then things were a lot easier…"

 

"There you are!"

 

The girls turned to see Hangeng walking over to them with a smile. "I was afraid you'd gotten scared and run off or something."

 

"Oh please, when can I run away when there's talk about you having a girlfriend and how much you miss her," Jeri hinted, a teasing smile creeping onto her lips.

 

"Not you guys too!" ha whined, giving the two girls a pout.

 

"But she's so cute~! I can see why you fawn over her so much while she's away~!"

 

"ZISHAN!!"

 

The girls burst out into laughter as Hangeng covered his face in embarrassment.

 

"Daww~ Hannie misses me while I'm away, I'm so touched I could cry~" Jeri sang, wiping away a fake tear. "You guys have to promise me that you'll take good care of him while I'm gone… and support him too!"

 

"We will don't worry!" Shuying cheered with a smile.

 

"We'll do our best to keep him out of trouble when we see him, promise," Zishan added with a laugh.

 

Jeri nodded and turned to look up at Hangeng, giving him a cheesy grin when she found him giving her a small glare.

 

"Oh stop Hannie, I kid, I kid~!" she laughed, reaching up to pat his cheek.


Rather than replying, Hangeng simply rolled his eyes and walked over to his small area to get prepped for the show, quickly grabbing Jeri's hand to tote her away with him.

 


Gah why am I doing so badly with updating on time!!? Sorry this is so late again guys, but I hope you enjoy~~

Thank you for subscribing and following along with me as I attempt to bring you an even greater experience with Jeri and the gang~!

Thank you to all subscribers as well as silent readers, and a special thanks to arandomperson, iheartbts, FixRate, DolphinWorld, Arashi93 and Xxdreamergirl for upvoting~!