Super Junior and Tambourine

Unrelenting Fortitude

“Are you guys sure we’re allowed to do this?” Ryeowook asked as the large group of men made their way down the halls of SM Entertainment.

“Oh come on Ryeowook! It’s not like we’re going to assassinate them or something!” Kangin laughed, reaching back to pat the teen on the shoulder.

“You have to admit that you want to see if the rumors are true!” Eunhyuk added.

“Yeah, I’ve heard of groups with mixed blood members, or even members of different asian descent like Hankyung, but I can’t believe that Sooman-hyung would accept Europeans into the K-pop industry,” Heechul scoffed, walking alongside his Chinese friend.

“Well there’s only one way to find out,” Leeteuk chuckled, slowly pushing open the filming room door.

The room was full with coordis, directors, cameramen, hairstylists and many others, much like any other MV filming. The stage had been made up to appear like a concrete pad of a pier, the backdrop showing a cityscape along with crystal blue water while four boys were dancing in sync to the music being played.

“Enjoying the view?” a voice suddenly asked.

The group jumped and spun around to see Lee Sooman standing behind them, hands folded behind his back with a knowing smile stretched across his lips.

“We just wanted to see if the rumors were true Hyung…” Sungmin yelped.

“And which of the rumors are you investigating? I’ve heard that there are many,” the older man chuckled.

 

"That they're all European!" Donghae claimed, a slightly excited tone in his voice.

 

Sooman let out a short round of laughter and shook his head slightly before turning his eyes back towards the quartet dancing on the stage. "Three out of the four are mixed, Setiawan-ssi is Russian and Indonesian, Jun-ssi is German and Japanese and Jeri-ssi Irish and Japanese. Hyunki-ssi is full Korean however," he explained. "All four of them not only auditioned, but came with high recommendations from several dance schools in the north."

 

"High recommendations? You make it sound like it was a job interview," Yesung chuckled.

 

"It was in a way Yesung-ssi," Sooman chuckled. "They will be employees under our banner come March of next year."

 

"So soon? They've only been trainees for a few months!" Leeteuk gawked.

 

"Actually, the four of them have been trainees for a little over a year now. Jeri-ssi joined the group a little later than the others however," Sooman corrected.

 

The music stopped in the filming room causing the older group to turn and look in once again. The four made their way off the stage, the two brunettes walking over to the screens to check their performance while the tall blond and shorter dark haired boy moved over to a table with a pack of bottled water.

 

"Well, let's go introduce ourselves shall we?" Leeteuk laughed, making his way into the large room.

 

The others followed in after him after bidding their president farewell. They walked over to the two boys at the table as the blond squatted down to dig in a large duffle bag by their feet. The dark haired boy noticed them first, giving the 13 boys a wide grin.

 

"Ah, sunbaenims annyeoseo!" He greeted with a small wave.

 

"Good morning. You're Hyunki, correct?" Leeteuk greeted, offering the smaller boy his hand to shake.

 

"Yes, my name is Choi Hyunki, but i've been given Harii as a stage name,” the smaller introduced, shaking the offered hand.

Harii was a smaller boy, probably only about Donghae or Sungmin’s height with dyed copper hair that hung slightly over his right eye, the back reaching his shoulders and was curled outwards slightly at the ends and his large dark brown eyes seeming to sparkle as he smiled. He was dressed in a light blue jean jacket with red and brown styled pants that were ripped at the knees and a pair of red and yellow sneakers with no socks.


“It’s nice to meet you guys,” Shindong hummed, giving a small wave along with the others.

“Ya, Setty-hyung stand up and say his to Super Junior sunbaes!” Harii scolded with a laugh, looking back at the blond.

Setiawan finally raised his head and looked up at his fellow bandmate and to the group standing in front of him, as if only now noticing that they were there.

Leeteuk gave the man a smile and patted Harii’s shoulder before walking around the smaller man. “It’s nice to meet you Setiawan-ssi, my name is Leeteuk, I’m the leader of Super… Junior…”

The older leader trailed off as Setiawan stood at his full height, the top of Leeteuk’s head only just barely reaching the taller’s chin. Setiawan’s long hair had been dyed a pale yellow and reached down to his shoulder blades even though it had been done into several thin french braids down his head. His brown eyes were a shade lighter than Harii’s and seemed to reflect a playful glint despite his slightly intimidating exterior. He wore a short sleeved black grandad T-shirt that hugged his torso to the point where the top two buttons that were undone probably wouldn’t be able to be done up, ripped jean shorts that just covered his kneecaps and a pair of black and white sneakers with black ankle socks.

“It’s nice to meet you too Hyung,” Setiawan chuckled, his deep voice rumbling through his chest as a friendly smile stretched across his lips.

Leeteuk quickly shook his head before gripping the blond’s hand in his and shaking. “Sorry, but are you certain I’M the hyung?” he laughed.

“By one whole year,” Setiawan chuckled with a nod. “And two years older than Harii,” he added, nodding to the smaller boy behind them.

“You’re an 86-liner??” Donghae grinned. “Chingu~!”

Harii laughed as the dancer dashed forward and threw his arm across his shoulders, Eunhyuk quickly joining him on the smaller boy’s other side.

“Tambourine! Let’s do another take!” the director called out.

“Ah! That’s us!” Harii beamed. “Come on Hyung, before Junnie gets fussy again.”

Setiawan simply chuckled, gave Leeteuk and the others a quick bow before he was dragged back towards the stage by the smaller man, the two brunettes already up on the stage waiting.

“Should we leave?” Hankyung asked quietly as the beat of the song began.

“I’m sure as long as we don’t obstruct their filming we can stay and watch,” Siwon reasoned. “I’d kind of like to stay and see what kind of talents they have.”

“Yeah, especially those two,” Kyuhyun hummed, motioning to the two brunettes.

The music picked up pace and the four started dancing, the smaller of the two brunettes standing in the front of their diamond formation, the second brunette to his left, Harii to his right and Setiawan dancing in the back. As the vocal part began on the music, Harii and the brunette switched places, the Korean lip syncing to his parts and continuing to dance along with the other three.

The little guy’s a pretty good dancer,” Eunhyuk commented with an approving nod of his head. “There’s lots of confidence in his eyes and each step looks calculated and powerful.”

“You can tell that much just from watching him dance?” Kibum laughed, giving the elder a baffled look.

“Yeah, I could barely tell what colour his hair was from the beanie he’s wearing on his head,” Shindong added.

“Alright guys! I think that’s good enough for today, try to get some rest,” the director suddenly called out, stopping the music mid song.

The four on the stage instantly entered a low bow and thanked him as well as the team as everyone began packing up their equipment. They jumped off of the stage, Harii and Setiawan walking over to Super Junior again while the two brunettes walked towards the opposite end of the room.

“You guys are pretty good, but what was with the weird hand motions?” Heechul asked, waving his open hand side to side like a solo jazz hand.

“Ah, well for the official video we’re going to be dancing with actual tambourines, so we’re trying to get used to it while they modify them,” Harii explained with his usual smile. “Sunbaes, you haven’t met Jun or Jeri have you?” he asked, motioning to the two brunettes walking over to the table with the bottles of water.

“No, we haven’t,” Leeteuk hummed, finding Harii’s smile infectious as he too grinned.

“Junnie! Jeri-ah! Come over here and meet the members of Super Junior!” Harii called out, waving the two over.

The two brunettes turned at their names, turned to each other and shrugged before walking over, the smaller of the two holding a water bottle in his hand.

“Sunbaes, this is Jun and Jeri, our two European members,” Harii introduced once the duo had reached them, motioning to each one when he said their name.

Jun, the taller and older looking of the two, was fairly tall(though not as staggering as Setiawan) with fairly pale skin and chiseled features. He had dark brown hair that was styled into a smartstyle and his blue eyes were accentuated by the eye make-up that had been put on him. He was dressed in a torn black leather jacket with a grey shirt underneath, a pair of black drop crotch pants held up by a studded belt and a pair of black and green combat boots.

Jeri was shorter than Jun and even Harii, probably being closer to Ryeowook’s height if not smaller. His dark brown hair was tucked under a dark blue and black beanie and blue eyes that matched Jun’s own were framed in thick lashes. He was wearing an army green sleeveless jacket and a dark grey t-shirt underneath, a pair of worn blue jeans with frayed bottoms and dark blue and white sneakers on his feet.

“Are you two related?” Kangin piped up.

“Yeah, Jeri’s my younger sister,” Jun grinned, patting the smaller on the shoulder.

“Wait a minute! Sister!?” Yesung exclaimed.

“Hey, just cause she hasn’t filled out doesn’t mean she looks like a boy… does she?” Jun huffed, turning and giving Harii a confused look.

Harii and Setiawan both simply laughed while Jeri rolled her eyes and took the beanie off of her head, fluffing her bangs for a few seconds before putting a fist on her hip with a smirk.

“Don’t worry, you guys aren’t the only ones who’ve thought that Tambourine was a boy’s only group,” she laughed. “You guys are Super Junior right?”

“Super Junior sunbaes, Jeri,” Setiawan corrected, his tone scolding. “They’ve been in the industry longer than us.”

Jeri rolled her eyes again but nodded, offering her hand to the nearest member, who happened to be Heechul. “It’s nice to meet you, sorry if I don’t remember all of your names though; I’m bad with them.”

“I’m sure we’ll see each other around the halls every now and then, and it’s not like any of us are going anywhere anytime soon either,” Leeteuk hummed as she shook Heechul’s hand.

“Well then, I guess we have something to look forward to then,” Jun laughed, offering his own hand to the leader to shake.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hey guys, it's back! 15A1 is being rebooted and will hopefully be even better than the original~! I hope that you guys enjoy this one just as much as the other, and feel free to send in comments, critiques, etc.~

Thank you to our subscribers as well as silent readers, and a special thanks to arandomperson for upvoting~!