Awkward Abortion

Unrelenting Fortitude

"Photo shoot?" Harii asked, raising an eyebrow.
 

"Yes Harii-ssi. We're going to do a photo shoot to try and reel some more people in towards you guys," Seomun stated with a grin.
 

"So… you've got us going on shows, Jeri is still in Middle School, Setiawan is in the running to HOST a show, we have awards to go to in a couple weeks, and now you want us to do a photo shoot?" Jun listed.
 

"It'll get you guys noticed a lot faster!" Seomun claimed. "Since you guys are technically a foreigner group, not a lot of people know about you. I just want to try and get your names out there and make sure the album sells."
 

"Why bother? People are going to pirate it off of the internet anyways…" Jeri muttered.
 

Seomun gave her a dirty look, causing her to shrug.
 

"Anyways, I want you guys to start working hard to keep up, we're going to be busy, busy, busy!" Seomun clapped, walking out of the dance room.
 

"Are you sure we can’t fire him?" Jeri groaned, watching him leave.
 

"No, not unless we have solid need to," Setiawan stated with a sigh, used to hearing this from their maknae.
 

"I solidly think he's a moron," Jeri muttered, making the three men chuckle.
 

"Well, there's not a lot we can do about it now. We have work to do," Setiawan claimed, walking back onto the floor.
 

Jun, Harii and Jeri followed after him and began their daily practice.
 

It has been nearly four months since the car crash that landed Kyuhyun and Leeteuk in the hospital and two since Kyuhyun had finally managed to get out. The doctors said that he would make a full recovery and just had to take it easy for a while, which took a large weight that Jeri didn't notice before off of her shoulders.
 

She and Leeteuk, as well as a couple of the other members, had been brainstorming about how to get the maknaes closer, but if things didn't go absolutely wrong making Kyuhyun avoid her even more, they didn't happen at all, Jeri rolling her eyes when she remembered her and Sungmin waiting at SM's building for the boy for nearly three hours only for Yesung to call and say that Kyuhyun's schedule had been canceled for the day.
 

Recently she had been up until the late hours of the night trying to figure something… anything out that could help, and it's been taking her toll. She's been more moody and snaps easily, prompting her to stay away from the other boys as much as she could so she wouldn't snap at them, or heaven forbid she straight up yells at Kyuhyun about ruining her Saturday plans every weekend.
 

Just thinking about it make Jeri's brain spin.
 

"JERI!"
 

The girl responded too late and stepped on Jun's coat sleeve, ending in her slipping and falling onto her back with a painful 'thud'. The boys dashed over and Jeri simply sighed, not moving to get up.
 

"You alright brat?" Jun asked, squatting down next to her.
 

Harii placed his hand on her forehead and sighed. "She has a fever."
 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
 

Jun walked over to his sister's bed and pulled the thermometer out of .
 

"Congrats brat, you're now officially as sick as a dog," he stated, looking down at her.
 

"I'm not sick, I'm just not feeling too hot," Jeri muttered back.
 

"The thermometer says otherwise," Jun replied, bouncing it in his fingers. "You need some good rest, lots of soup and fresh air."
 

As he spoke, Jun walked over to the window and slid it open, allowing the noon air to come into the room. He turned to his sister to see her pouting with her arms crossed, glaring at the sheets.
 

"Alright, I'll go make you some chicken noodle soup… if we have any."
 

Jun walked out of the room, leaving the door open behind him. After a couple seconds, Harii poked his head in and gave her a quizzical look.
 

"You got dogged huh?" he assumed, noticing her flushed cheeks.
 

"Seomun's going to have my head," she groaned, sinking further under the covers.
 

"Manager-hyung can't do anything about it, if anything him booking so much in so little time made you get sick in the first place," the Korean claimed, sitting on the foot of her bed.
 

Jeri murmured something inaudible and Harii patted her leg. A couple minutes later, Jun came back in with a bowl and set it on the side table.
 

"Alright, eat up. The three of us have to go onto Star King in a couple of hours, then we'll be back after that, check?" Jun said.
 

Jeri shifted so that she could stick her arm out from under the sheets and gave him a thumbs up. Jun rolled his eyes as Harii laughed, grabbing her hand and kissing her thumb. The two left and for a couple minutes, Jeri didn't move. She finally pulled the covers back and grabbed the soup and began eating it with a sigh.
 

After the soup was all eaten, she curled back up under the covers and tried to fall asleep. Finding that after nearly an hour, she couldn't fall asleep, Jeri threw the covers off of her body and walked into the living room.
 

"Let's watch the news; boring monotone voices might make me think of my teachers," she grumbled folding herself up in a blanket on the couch.
 

She flicked the television on and tried to let herself fall asleep. All she managed to accomplish was learning that it was going to rain tomorrow and something about politics.
 

She jumped slightly when her cell phone began ringing. She stood up from the couch, leaving the television on and began the hunt for her phone. After a couple rings, she managed to find it stuffed between the couch cusions and picked it up.
 

"Hello?"
 

"Jeri! We heard you were sick!!" a semi-high pitched voice cried from the other end.
 

"I'm fine Mickey, I'm just not feeling the greatest," she replied with a sigh.
 

"That's what's called being sick," Kangin mocked.
 

"Wait… do you have me on speaker…?" she asked.
 

"……..no."
 

"Goodbye Sungmin," she groaned, going to hang up.
 

"No no no no!! There you're not on speaker anymore!!" she heard his panicked cries.
 

"What is it with you Asian folk and speaker phone?" she laughed, sitting back down on the couch and muting the TV.
 

"Everyone was worried about you and wanted to make sure you were still alive," Sungmin whined.
 

Having figured out this was his own strange way of saying sorry, she rolled her eyes and laughed.
 

"Fine, fine. I forgive you," she laughed.
 

"Sooooo….."
 

"Yes you can put me back on speaker phone." was her reply.
 

Sungmin chirped in happiness and a second later, Jeri could tell that he had switched.
 

"So, what's the head-count for today?" she asked, laying down across the couch with a small groan.
 

"Everyone's here, say hi!"
 

Jeri got a loud chorus of greetings and laughed, greeting them back.
 

"So, what are your symptoms?" she heard Donghae ask.
 

"Fever, headache, tired, and most likely over-worked," Jeri listed off on her fingers.
 

"Sounds like an average day," Heechul claimed with a laugh.
 

"Oh yeah, and I've got the apartment all to myself, but Jun said no parties," she added with a laugh.
 

She heard a couple 'awws' from the men making her laugh.
 

"How long do you think you're going to be out of commission for?" Leeteuk asked.
 

"I don't know… a couple days maybe? I should be better before the awards, but not for the photo shoot," she replied.
 

"Photo shoot?"
 

"You guys are doing a photo shoot?"
 

"Where?"
 

"When?"
 

Jeri laughed as they all rattled off their questions, trying to keep track of all of them.
 

"Ummm… Yes, we're doing a photo shoot, I have no idea and in two days," she replied.
 

"Your group can't do a photo shoot if everyone's not there!" Hangeng claimed, Jeri envisioning the pout on his face.
 

"Our manager doesn't really like me that much, so he'll either drag me along and have me be absolutely miserable, or he'll leave me behind," Jeri stated, rolling her eyes.
 

"Jeri should join Super Junior! We have an awesome manager!" Eunhyuk chirped.
 

"I think you guys have enough members, don't you?" she laughed.
 

"We wouldn't mind!" Kibum laughed.
 

Jeri couldn't help but laugh. She felt like crap, but the boys always found a way to make her feel a little better.
 

"Well, when one is sick, one needs to get lots of rest, so we'll let you go," Leeteuk announced.
 

There was a chorus of disappointed 'awws'.
 

"Do you want me to come over and tuck you in?" Hangeng joked.
 

"Hmmmm, I don't know… you and me… alone… in my apartment…" Jeri claimed, her voice full of innuendo.
 

The guys burst into laughter making Jeri grin from ear to ear. With a couple more laughs, they bid her farewell and both sides hung up. She placed the phone on the coffee table and rested her head on the arm of the couch with a sigh. Her eyes slowly drifted closed, a small smile on her face.
 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
 

Jeri continued to stir her hot totty with the spoon, her cheek resting in the palm of her hand and a bored look on her face. She sighed and stopped stirring, throwing the spoon into the sink and walking over to the couch, plopping herself down.
 

It's been three days since Jeri first got sick. Much to Seomun's chagrin, the photo shoot was postponed when the boys refused to go without her. The manager now gave her a deadly look whenever he was around. Her fever had broken last night, meaning she was on the quick path to health, but she was still told to stay home so that she can be in peak condition when she is better.
 

She was about to sip at her drink when their doorbell rang. Raising an eyebrow, Jeri placed her mug down and walked over to the door. She unlocked and opened it, giving her visitors a confused look.
 

"What are you guys doing here?" she asked.
 

"We came to check up on you!" Leeteuk claimed with his dimpled smile.
 

"Jun told us that your fever broke, so you're on the mend!" Eunhyuk added.
 

"Why do I smell alcohol?" Kangin asked, raising his own eyebrow.
 

"Jeri knows what's needed in order to get better," Heechul laughed.
 

"I made a hot totty; there's whiskey in it," she laughed, moving so that they could come in.
 

"Wait, who's Totty?" Leeteuk questioned.
 

Jeri rolled her eyes and noticed that there was another member standing among the older men awkwardly. Feeling his pain, Jeri gave him a sorry smile, a slight bow and allowed him to walk by, Kyuhyun's mouth shifting into a miniscule smile of his own.
 

"Ug! This smells!" Eunhyuk cried, holding the mug away from him.
 

"It's not supposed to smell good, " Jeri laughed taking the mug from the older man.
 

"What's in it?" Heechul asked, sitting down on the couch.
 

"Water, lemon juice, honey, and whisky," she replied.
 

"Are you even old enough to be drinking whisky?" Kangin questioned, giving her a look.
 

"No," she replied like it was obvious. "But it tastes good and feels nice on my throat. I have a bit more if you want to try some."
 

Kangin grinned and Jeri laughed, walking into the kitchen as the others sat down. After a couple minutes, she walked back out and handed a mug to Kangin.
 

"So, what brings you guys here?" she asked, staying standing.
 

"To consult on your wardrobe for one," Heechul snorted, looking at her attire.
 

Jeri gave him a confused look and looked down at her clothes. She was wearing one of Jun's sweaters and a pair of sweatpants.
 

"What's wrong with them?" she asked innocently.
 

"A green sweater and yellow sweatpants?" Heechul questioned, like it was obvious. "Jeri, you couldn't clash more if you tried."
 

"Well excuse me Princess, but I didn't think I was going to have you five on my doorstep, therefore just threw whatever was warm on," she huffed, placing a fist on her hip.
 

"We actually came to see if you were willing to get out of the house…" Leeteuk interrupted.
 

Jeri gave him a quizzical look making his chuckle.
 

"You've been cooped up in the apartment for the past couple days right? So how about a little field trip?" he explained.
 

Jeri raised her eyes to the ceiling in thought. After a couple seconds, she shrugged.
 

"Sure, why not?"
 

"Awesome! You'll need a bathing suit!" Eunhyuk claimed with a clap.
 

"Ahahaha no," Jeri deadpanned. "I'm not swimming."
 

"Why not?" Kangin asked.
 

"I don't like deep water, let's just leave it at that," she claimed.
 

The men looked back and forth from each other and Jeri sighed.
 

"I'll pack an extra set of clothes so you can splash me," she laughed, placing her mug down and heading towards her room.
 

She heard a couple whoops of joy and smiled.
 

After a small bag was packed, her and the guys moved out, the six piling into the van with Kangin driving. The drive to… wherever they were going, was filling with casual talk, Jeri casting glances behind her at Kyuhyun every now and then.
 

They got to their destination and everyone piled out, Jeri's eyebrow raising when she realized where they were.
 

"A water park?" she asked, looking up at Leeteuk.
 

"We told you to bring a bathing suit," he sang with a grin.
 

Before she could reply, he and Eunhyuk took her by the wrists and pulled her into the park, the other three following after them. Leeteuk, Heechul, Kangin and Eunhyuk moved into the bathrooms to change leaving Jeri outside with Kyuhyun, an awkward air floating around them.
 

"So… why aren't you swimming?" she asked.
 

"My accident wasn't that long ago," he replied, not taking his eyes off of his shoes.
 

Jeri nodded in understanding and sighed, rubbing her face in exasperation. Just then, the four other men walked out of the dressing room, clad in swim trunks. Leeteuk's were white, Heechul's were naturally a light pink, Kangin's were black and Eunhyuk's were a light blue.
 

"Let's go!" Eunhyuk cheered, dashing towards the pool.
 

Jeri and the others laughed and followed after him. The four leapt into the pool, creating a large splash and wave, Jeri sitting on the side of the pool after rolling up her pant legs a little. When she did a head count, she looked around for the SuJu maknae. He was sitting on the side of the pool as well, but about 10 feet away from her, making her sigh again.
 

Her small moment was interrupted when her face was hit with water.
 

"You're such a party pooper!" Heechul whined, splashing her again.
 

"Party pooper am I?" she smirked.
 

She kicked her leg out and successfully hit the older man in the face with a load of water, Heechul giving a tiny shriek when he was hit. He gave her a glare and began splashing her again, ending in the two entering a small war, giant grins on their faces.
 

"Ya! You guys are getting more water out of the pool than on each other!" Kangin yelled.
 

Heechul and Jeri exchanged glances then smirks. Heechul swung around and began splashing Kangin, Jeri kicking water in the larger man’s direction with a laugh. Kangin yipped in protest, shielding his face from the water, making the other three men burst out laughing.
 

About two hours later, the swimmers began complaining about being hungry, climbing out of the pool. They all moved towards the small food court, many of the people there staring at them.
 

"You two go get our food!" Heechul demanded, flopping down in a chair.
 

"Fine, pay up," Jeri claimed, ing her hand out to the man.
 

The others laughed as Leeteuk gave her some money, him, Kangin and Eunhyuk sitting down at the table. Jeri exchanged looks with Kyuhyun, the boy shrugging and walking over to one of the booths for food, her right behind him.
 

"Hello, how may I help you?" the woman at the booth asked with a smile.
 

"What's the most fattening thing on your menu?" Jeri asked.
 

Kyuhyun snorted from beside her, covering his mouth in an attempt to hold back his laughter.
 

"I don't think we should get any of that…" he claimed with a small smirk.
 

"Tempting though isn't it?" she grinned.
 

Kyuhyun simply shook his head, the smirk still on his face.
 

Settling on a couple hotdogs, Jeri handed the woman the money and they began walking back to the table. They both froze however at what they saw.
 

Nothing.
 

No-one was sitting at the table. The small umbrella was down, the chairs were pushed in, Jeri could've even swore that the table had been wiped clean.
 

"Did they move?" she asked.
 

"I… don't see them," Kyuhyun replied, looking around.
 

"Did they seriously just ditch us in the middle of the water park?" Jeri groaned.
 

"That's what it looks like…"
 

The two stood there awkwardly for a couple seconds until Jeri shifted the food in her arms and offered a container to him.
 

"Hot dog?"
 

Kyuhyun laughed, but took the food from her hand, walking over to the table.
 

They sat and ate, a small cloud hanging over the table making Jeri fidget. When they were finished, Jeri sighed and threw out the extra food, mumbling about how at least it wasn't HER money she had wasted.
 

"Well? Shall we go hunting?" she asked with a sigh.
 

Kyuhyun nodded and began walking away, Jeri dashing after him.
 

On their little excursion, Jeri learned something about Kyuhyun: the boy had frustratingly long strides. For every step he took, Jeri had to take two or three. He would begin to pull away from her, making her groan, but every time she tried speeding up, she would slip as the floor was covered in water, so Kyuhyun would have to stop and wait, stop and wait, stop and wait.
 

"You walk like a damned giraffe!" she claimed, catching up to him for probably the tenth time.
 

Kyuhyun snickered and reached down, taking her hand in his, a pink tinge instantly jumping onto Jeri's cheeks.
 

"Fine, then the giraffe will walk at your pace," he claimed, a smirk on his face.
 

She blinked up at him, then a smirk of her own found its way onto her face.
 

The two continued walking, Kyuhyun still grasping her hand in his, staying true to his word and walking at her pace.
 

"Sooo…" Jeri attempted to make conversation.
 

"Are you having fun yet?" Kyuhyun laughed.
 

"I'll have more fun when I can push the guys into the tide pool," she replied with a huff.
 

Kyuhyun's smirk grew and shook his head.
 

"So, we're awkward…" she began after a couple seconds of silence.
 

Kyuhyun sighed and rubbed his forehead with his other hand.
 

"Is it you or me?" she laughed, watching him.
 

"I have no idea," he sighed looking down at her.
 

"Well, how about we start again?" she offered.
 

Kyuhyun gave her a confused look.
 

"Ever heard of 20 Questions?" she grinned.
 

Kyuhyun laughed but nodded.
 

"You go first," he said.
 

"Hmmm…. How old are you, and no lying!" she said, giving him a pointed look.
 

"I'm 19," he laughed.
 

Jeri gave him a baffled look, making him raise an eyebrow.
 

"Really? You look like you're at least 23!" she claimed.
 

"I'll count that as a compliment," he laughed. "You're 15 right?"
 

Jeri nodded.
 

"Alright…" he trailed off, trying to think of a question. "What do you want to be when you grow up?"
 

"Choreographer," she replied instantly. "I want to be able to teach people a dance and have it become famous, that way I'd be helping them in furthering their career but not have to go in front of cameras."
 

Kyuhyun nodded in acceptance.
 

"Are you an only child?" she asked.
 

"I have an older sister," he replied.
 

"Really? So we're both the babies in two ways," she laughed.
 

Kyuhyun laughed with her, swinging their connected hands slightly.
 

"Alright… How did you guys get accepted by Sooman-hyung?" he asked.
 

"You mean how did Jun and I, two Europeans, get into a Kpop group?" she confirmed with a laugh and a knowing look.
 

Kyuhyun nodded.
 

"Well… Jun and I joined a local dance group back in Ireland that traveled around Europe during the summer break. While we were moving around with our group, we all ran into Setiawan’s dad who is a recruiter. Everyone was kind of antsy about leaving home to become world class people, but Jun and I talked to him about it a little more. He told us that his son, Setiawan, had recently moved to South Korea in order to become a K-pop idol, and when Jun and I showed interest in that, he pulled a few strings to get us in."
 

"Just like that?" Kyuhyun asked, raising an eyebrow.
 

Jeri smiled and nodded. “Apparently Setiawan’s dad is a well known recruiter and Sooman had heard of him before. The two talked and Setiawan’s dad managed to convince him to give us a chance.”
 

Kyuhyun nodded in understanding.
 

Jeri was about to open to ask another question when she saw a flash of pink and blue. The two continued towards the large pool and Jeri saw the four men they had been looking for fooling around in the water.
 

Feeling her annoyance rise, she released Kyuhyun's hand, picked up a small beach ball looking toy and whipped it in their direction.
 

"Ouch!" Eunhyuk cried, holding the back of his head. "What the-"
 

"You guys !" she barked, clearly unimpressed.
 

"You guys got closer though I see~" Kangin sang, noticing how close the two had been standing.
 

"Well now you guys can take this time to get to know each other better too!" Jeri shot back, marching over to their bags.
 

"Yah! Jeri!" Heechul yelled as the girl picked up the bags.

She threw them over her shoulder, grabbed Kyuhyun's hand and dragged him away from the pool with her, the male Maknae laughing and waving at his elders who watching with open mouths.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I'll probably be back to my schedule of one update a week, and I'll do my best to keep it like that!

Thanks for subscribing and following along with me as I attempt to bring you an even greater experience with Jeri and the gang~! Also guys, I'm not sure if you've seen it or not, but be sure to give me feedback on what I posted for the first "chapter", if you guys aren't interested then tell me and I won't do it, but I don't know how to interpret silence XD

 


Thank you to all subscribers as well as silent readers, and a special thanks to arandomperson and iheartbts for upvoting~!