The Mother Alligator and His Child

Unrelenting Fortitude

"If you keep staring at it it's going to burst into flames," Leeteuk teased, leaning over the back of the couch.

 

Kyuhyun jumped slightly and quickly shoved his phone back into his pocket. "I'm just worried…"

 

"We're all worried Kyuhyun!" Eunhyuk sighed. "But I'd rather not get eaten by Jun again for trying to call and check up on her…"

 

Kyuhyun sighed but nodded in understanding.

 

It's been nearly two weeks since any of the boys had seen or spoken to Jeri. After the incident at the beach, Jun had transformed into a mother alligator, biting anyone who came too close to his "child". Kyuhyun, Sungmin and Donghae as well as members that hadn’t even been a part of the incident had all tried to call and make sure the girl was at least alive, but Jun would give them a firm rant about learning tact and responsibility, then hang up without giving them an answer.

 

To say the five involved men were worried would have been an understatement.

 

The doorbell rang and Donghae stood from the kitchen table and walked over to answer it. He opened the door and was quickly pushed back into the dorm, the door slamming closed.

 

"My god I thought I was going to inherit Stockholm Syndrome!" Jeri whined, sliding down the door.

 

"Jeri~!" Sunming cheered, dashing over to the girl. "Are you alright?"

 

"Mother hen's been suffocating me for the past two weeks!" she whined with a pout. "Do you have any idea how hard it was just to get him to let me leave the dorm?"

 

"Jun had you on lockdown??" Yesung questioned, raising an eyebrow.

 

Jeri nodded. "It's his really weird way of showing he's worried about me; that and he's still ticked at you guys," she claimed, looking at the five from the beach.

 

Said men sighed and hung their heads.

 

"So… how did you manage to get away?" Eunhyuk asked with a slight laugh.

 

"I told him I wanted to go for a walk. Naturally he trailed after me, but by some holy miracle, I managed to lose him," Jeri recalled with a chuckle.

 

"Wait… you ditched Jun to come see us?"

 

Jeri gave them a perplexed look. "Of course! I missed you guys," she claimed.

 

"You're not angry…?" Kyuhyun asked.

 

Jeri's eyes softened. "Why would I be angry at you guys? You didn't know about it, so naturally you didn't act accordingly. Jun's a twit who has yet to realize this," she claimed, muttering the last part.

 

The others chuckled slightly and Siwon helped the girl off of the floor, the group moving into the living room.

 

"So what have you guys been doing while I was away?" she asked as she stretched out on the floor beside Ryeowook.

 

"Going to awards and programs, the same old stuff," Leeteuk sighed, sitting on her other side.

 

Jeri nodded then laughed as Kyuhyun laid down, his head resting on her stomach.

 

"Ya you! What are you doing??" she laughed, poking his head.

 

"I'm sleepy be quiet," Kyuhyun snipped, closing his eyes.

 

Jeri pouted and looked up at the others. "Why am I the pillow?"

 

"Because you're comfy?" Ryeowook offered with a laugh.

 

"She's actually very comfy to be honest," Kyuhyun laughed, his eyes still closed.

 

"Ya! Are you calling me fat?!" Jeri barked, swatting the older man on the shoulder.

 

"No I'm calling you plush!" Kyuhyun whined, covering his head to try and stop her from smacking him.

 

"Plushie Jeri!" Kangin cheered.

 

"A collector's item!" Shindong added with a laugh.

 

"Ladies and gentlemen, if you will look to the bottom of your screen you will see a telephone number. If you would like to purchase a collectable Jeri plushie please contact this number! Hurry! There are only a limited amount in stock!" Yesung rambled, holding his fist up like a microphone and looking off in another direction.

 

As he spoke Jeri and the others burst out laughing, the girl covering her face in embarrassment.

 

Her phone started ringing, the familiar ring tone making her cringe as she pulled it out of her pocket. She opened it and held it up to her ear.

 

"Hel-"

 

"WHERE. ARE. YOU!!!" Jun roared.

 

"Oh Jun stop it!" she barked making the boys shift in their seats. "They didn't know because I never told them! You're blowing this way out of proportion!"

 

"I don't give a damn! You said you were going for a walk and you up and disappeared!! I've been hunting for you for nearly half an hour!!" Jun barked back.

 

"And it was only half an hour that you decided to grow brain cells and call me?" Jeri huffed.

 

Jun didn't reply at first, but the teen didn't get her hopes up that she had won.

 

"I'm coming to get you and we're going home," he said calmly.

 

Jeri was about to complain and argue but he hung up before she got a chance to. Giving an aggravated groan, she tossed her phone across the floor and thumped her fist against the floor.

 

"HE'S IMPOSSIBLE!!" she cried.

 

The boys exchanged looks and Donghae slid off of the couch so that he was sitting by her head.

 

"Is Jun really that angry with us?" he asked.

 

Jeri groaned and put her hands over her face, trying to calm her raging heartbeat. "I don't even know anymore Nemo…"

 

"Maybe if we try to explain again…"

 

"I'd rather not get belittled again Donghae…" Sungmin sighed with a pout, the firm scolding given to him by the brunette at the beach still fresh in his mind.

 

The others sighed and Jeri managed to sit up, Kyuhyun rolling off of her and onto the floor with a small whine of protest.

 

"So what? We wait for the inevitable?" Leeteuk asked, looking down at the girl.

 

"Looks like it…" Ryeowook sighed.

 

Jeri huffed and stood from the floor, dusting herself off with a firm look. "This is ridiculous, and I'm going to end it right here and now!"

 

Before they could question her, she marched over to the door and swung it open just in time to see Jun come out of the elevator.

 

"YOU!" she barked, marching up to him. "ARE YOU THREE!?! JUST BECAUSE I HAD A MILD BREAKDOWN DOES NOT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO LOCK ME AWAY LIKE A FUGITIVE AND PROCEED TO SHUN MY FRIENDS LIKE THE PLAGUE!! THE GESTURE YOU ARE TRYING TO GIVE AND I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF IT!! GO AND APOLOGISE FOR BEING SUCH A PRAT RIGHT. NOW!!!" she roared, pointing back to Super Junior's dorm.

 

The older idols watched with wide eyes, never having believed that the stories about Jeri's anger that Harii had told them were true. While they stood absolutely baffled and slightly afraid, Jun simply sighed and rubbed the back of his head.

 

"I was going to before you roared like a bullfrog…"

 

"YOU BET YOUR AS-wait what?"

 

Jun gave his now very perplexed sister a look. "I was going to apologise anyways. I know I was being overprotective of you, but you can't blame me- OK you can blame me, but you have to understand my perspective on it," Jun claimed, changing his sentence when his sister glared at him.

 

When she gave him a firm look and pointed behind her to the dorm, Jun rolled his eyes and walked around her towards the still stunned Koreans.

 

"I shouldn't have reacted the way I did to you guys, at the beach or for the past few week-"

 

"Weeks! Plural!" Jeri added with a growl.

 

"For the past few weeks," he repeated. "It was wrong and just plain childish. I'm sorry for not acting my age," he finished with a low bow to the group.

 

"N-no Jun-ah! I-It was completely understandable-"

 

"SMILES!" Jeri barked.

 

"W-what do you want me to say!?" he squeaked, not quite sure what to do.

 

"Call him an idiot and he should be sorry!!" Jeri huffed, crossing her arms over her chest.

 

The guys snickered and Yesung reached forward the pat the younger man on the shoulder making Jun raise his head. The five men from the beach nodded in understanding and Jun straightened, giving them an apologetic smile.

 

"Sooo….. we were wondering if Jeri could come with us for the filming of Bonamana?" Donghae asked, still wary of the siblings.

 

Jun's eyebrow twitched, but Jeri walked up and stomped on the ground dangerously close to his foot making him flinch.

 

"I… don't see any issues with it, so long as you guys take care of her…" Jun replied, fully aware of his sister's glare burning a hole in his head.

 

"We will we promise!" Sungmin cheered with a smile.

Jun’s lips twitched up into the smallest of smiles and shifted his eyes down to his sister. “But don’t stay too long, we still have things to talk about later.”

Jeri groaned and rolled her eyes as the others laughed.

Jun bid his sister and the others farewell and made his way back to Tambourine’s dorm while Jeri waited for the Super Junior members to finish packing a few small bags before heading over to SM Entertainment for a little more last minute practice before they would go to their filming sight for Bonamana.

 

Once the 12 were at the filming set, Jeri, along with Kangin, made themselves comfortable against the far wall, the girl wielding a styrofoam plate with “Super Junior ” scrawled across it in blue marker.

“How long do you think it’ll take them to notice?” Jeri asked with a snicker, waving the plate over her head.

“YA! JERI I CAN SEE THAT!” Leeteuk barked, his tell-tale laugh sounding through the room.

“Teukie-hyung must be wearing his contacts,” Kangin snickered into his arm, trying to hide his grin as Jeri stuck her tongue out at the eldest man.

Jeri finally lowered her plate and brought her marker back out and crossed out “Super Junior” writing Cho Kyuhyun instead and lifting it above her head.

While Kangin and a handful of the other members snickered, said maknae didn’t seem to notice what was so funny.

“Apparently Kyutie isn’t though,” Jeri snickered, holding the plate with both hands and swaying from side to side.

Kangin laughed and stole one of the plates from between them and quickly scribbled on it as well. When he finished, he took one of Jeri’s hands and put it between her fingers, the girl not bothering to check what the man had written, her having an inkling as to what it said.

“YA! WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CAN’T DANCE!!” Heechul roared, glaring at the girl as she grinned.

 

"Jeri’s right, Heechul-hyung can’t dance; you should come up and dance with us!" Shindong grinned.

 

"Backup dancer!" Kangin added with a laugh, clapping the girl on the shoulder.

 

Jeri chuckled and shook her head. "Nu-uh, your director would kill me if I danced with you guys, and Nick would probably kill me too."

 

"Why? You know the dance, you said so yourself," Ryeowook booed.

 

"Yeah, he'd kill me because I dance it better," Jeri teased, a wide grin on her face.


"YA YOU!" Heechul barked, a small laugh poking through.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Chapter is a little late and a little short, sorry guys :'(

Thank you for subscribing and following along with me as I attempt to bring you an even greater experience with Jeri and the gang~!

Thank you to all subscribers as well as silent readers, and a special thanks to arandomperson, iheartbts, FixRate, DolphinWorld and Arashi93 for upvoting~!