Falling Apart

Unrelenting Fortitude

“Please?”

“No.”

“Please~~?”

“No.”

“Pleeeeaaassseee~~~~”

“No.”

“PLEEEAAAASSSSSSEEEEEE!!!”

“No.”

Jeri gave a frustrated growl before throwing her hands up in the air and marching out of the living room, Jun watching her with an astonished look before turning back to their blond leader.

“Master…” he paused so Setiawan would raise his eyes from the newspaper, looking at the younger over the frames of his glasses. “Teach me your ways.”

Setiawan snickered, rolling his eyes before returning them to the paper in front of him. A dull thud however had both men looking up and when another one sounded from a familiar room Setiawan shot to his feet.

“God damnit Jeri, fine!” he barked while quickly marching out of the living room.

A few moments later Jeri came bouncing into the living room with a grin, Setiawan following behind her while holding one of his cameras and glaring at the back of the woman’s head.

“Master, you disappoint me…” Jun sighed, lowering and shaking his head.

Setiawan turned his glare towards the younger man making Jun snicker.

“Stop sassing me and just put your coats on,” Setiawan grumbled.

Jeri clapped gleefully and dashed over to the foyer to put her coat on, Jun following after her with a eating smirk still stretched across his face, Setiawan releasing a sigh before returning to his room to put his camera back in it’s place.

When everyone was dressed the trio made their way down to the parking garage and all climbed into Setiawan’s car, the leader dutifully driving the bouncing maknae along with her brother to a new candy shop called Weeny Beeny Candy Shop; a.k.a. Jeri’s newest obsession; which the older men blamed the f(x) girls for telling her about.

The moments Setiawan had parked the car outside of the candy shop, Jeri was flying out of the vehicle, the two older men barking out after as she all but screamed into the store. By the time Jun and Setiawan had joined her in the shop, Jeri was halfway down the first isle, ogling at all the sweet treats the place had to offer.

“Watch it brat, you’ll have to run laps with us in the morning to work off all that candy,” Jun snickered, watching as his sister loaded her basket.

“Yeah, run laps around you,” Jeri chuckled under her breath.

“Oi!”

Jeri dodged her brother’s palm and quickly ran to the next aisle with a laugh, Jun muttering mild profanities after her.

With the boys also placing a few candies in her basket, the trio felt slightly bad for the cashier when they were done their walkthrough of the store, and after a round of rock paper scissors, Jeri could only laugh as Jun was forced to open his wallet and pay the hefty bill.

“You are never allowed to harass me during practise again, check?” Jun growled, holding the large bag of candy out of his sister’s reach.

“Yeah yeah whatever, just give me my maltesers!” Jeri whined, bouncing up on her toes in a vain attempt to reach the bag.

Just as Jun began to lower the bag, Setiawan took it from his hands and walked to the car with it above his head, Jun letting out a bark of laughter while Jeri chased after the blond and demanding he release her candy. When the eldest refused to do so, claiming she could wait until they got back to the dorm to eat any.

By the time the trio finally walked back into their dorm, Jeri was already plotting ways to either scale their leader’s staggering height with the limited supplies she had on her person or bring him down to her level, doing her best to push thoughts of using a hatchet at his kneecaps out of her head.

“Here, now you can-”

Setiawan didn’t have enough time to finish as the bag of candy was ripped from his hands, Jeri dashing into the living room, leaping over the couch and hiding under the coffee table.

“She’s like a feral animal…” the blond gawked.

“She’ll be fine once she eats; the fastest way to her heart is through her stomach,” Jun snickered. “C’mon Hyung, you should know this by now.”

Setiawan rolled his eyes and shucked off his shoes as Jun walked into the living room, no doubt to bark at Jeri about handing over his candy.

After nearly half the bag of candy had been devoured between the three of them, Jeri had calmed down enough to come out from under the table and agreed to play with a deck of cards Setiawan had brought out. Rather than joining in their game, Jun brought out his laptop and began to browse news sites.

“Some of these are so stupid,” Jun snickered.

“Like?” Jeri probed, placing a card down on the table from her hand.

““Tambourine leader Stiawan; Born Blond?”” Jun read. “C’mon guys, really?”

Setiawan had by now bowed his head in second-hand embarrassment while Jeri was attempting to hold in her snickers, choosing to instead pop another candy into .

“Oh, oh! Any new shipping sites for you and Harii?” Jeri asked, nudging Setiawan in the knee for him to make his turn.

“I’ve found two-oh make that three,” Jun hummed. “Oooohhhhh, and they are amazing at photoshop~”

“What is it, you two singing at each other during Captivating Flower again?” Setiawan chuckled.

“Nope, they actually replaced that extra dancer with Harii during the Y Boy performance in Busan.”

Setiawan and Jeri burst out laughing, remembering the part of the live choreography where Jun had ad libbed ripping off his shirt and danced with one of the female extras. The dance had been pretty provocative in the first place, but Jun had wanted to make the closing act something for the fans to remember; he was chastised by Harii for it after the show was done but Jeri had never felt so proud.

“Screensnap it, I want to print it and put it on Harii’s nightstand for when he comes home!” Jeri howled, giving her brother a grin.

Jun joined in the snickering and did as he was told, saving the file somewhere safe for later use.

“Here’s another interesting one; “Tambourine’s Jeri dating Super Junior’s Ryeowook?””

“Oh my god people we were shopping for cake!” Jeri groaned, her posture slumping in defeat.

“Is that what kids are calling it nowadays,” Setiawan teased, looking at her over the rim of his glasses with a smirk.

As Jun burst into a fit of laughter, Jeri scowled and threw a candy at the blond, Setiawan laughing and quickly blocking the candy with his hand.

“Tambourine’s Jeri seen out on Seoul streets holding hands with Super Junior M’s Henry-I SAID NO DATING UNTIL YOU’RE FORTY!”

“You said thirty!”

“So you admit you went against my wishes!”

“Jun I just turned twenty a month ago!”

“I DON’T CARE!”

“Children!” Setiawan called out with a laugh. “Let’s all get along and not get blood on the carpet.”

Jeri pouted and returned to her hand of cards while Jun huffed and quickly closed the article.

There were a few minutes of silence, only broken by Setiawan and Jeri’s game and Jun typing on his laptop.

"Dude, have you seen this one?" Jun suddenly whistled, eyebrows raising high on his forehead.

"Which one?" Jeri asked, not looking away from her cards.

"I just found a little news article from back in 2010," Jun began.

"We’re waiting for a point Jun…" Setiawan droned, placing a card onto the table.

"”Super Junior's Shindong badmouths fat girls”," Jun reported, not looking away from the computer screen.

"EXCUSE ME!?!" Jeri screeched, lifting her head from her hands and glaring at him.

"You don't believe me?"

Her brother turned the his laptop around on his lap as Jeri stood from her spot on the floor. She leaned down to look at the article, and the more she read, the more her face fell.

"I can't believe this! Is this BS authentic?" Jeri screeched again.

Before either man could say a word, Jeri was storming towards the front door, slamming it closed behind her with such force that some of the pictures on the wall shook. The two exchanged looks of slight worry.

"Should we call an ambulance?" Setiawan asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I don't think they'll need one, it's a hearse they'll need," Jun replied with a sigh.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Jeri muttered angrily under her breath as she scrolled through her phone, rereading the article over and over again, even trying to find any proof that it was all a scam, only to find more and more evidence supporting that not only had SHindong of all people said such a hurtful thing, but Leeteuk and Yesung had added fuel to the fire by agreeing and adding their own comments on the matter.

When Jeri finally made it to their dorm building the woman at the front desk made to greet her like every other time, but quickly chose not to once she no doubt caught the seething look on the girl’s face. Climbing the stairs to the 12th floor, she got to the door and slid her key into the slot, opening the door and not even bothering to take her shoes off, marched into the living room.

"Hey Jeri, what's up?" Shindong greeted, looking up from the TV with a smile and wave.

"What's up? What's up!? How dare you ask me what's up!! This is what's up!!" She yelled, all but shoving her phone into the man’s face.

As soon as Shindong saw the headline, he groaned and rubbed his forehead.

"Jeri-"

"How dare you!!" She exclaimed. "I'm a boy and you're a girl?! What the hell does gender have anything to do with weight!?"

Donghae and Kangin had come out of their rooms by now, worried about the yelling.

"Are you alright Jeri?" Donghae asked, not sure how to handle the situation.

"Did you all know about this?!" she demanded, pulling her phone away from Shindong and pushing the device into the other man's hands.

Donghae and Kangin quickly skimmed over the article and Donghae flinched.

"You did know, didn't you! Tell me, do you condone this?" Jeri continued, giving them a glare.

Before the men could say anything, the front door opened and Leeteuk walked into the living room. He caught sight of Jeri's seething glare and froze.

"Is now a bad time?" he asked slowly.

"You!!" Jeri marched over to the leader of Super Junior and pushed his chest. "What the hell is wrong with you!? I know you'll make ist comments every now and then, and for a while, I figured I could handle it, but this?! You're supposed to be setting an example; giving girls all around the world inspiration that they can do what they love! "I don't think that they take care of their bodies very well"?! How can you say something like that!?" She all but screamed.

"Jeri, stop, that article was written two years ago," Shindong scolded, not moving from the couch.

"I don't give a damn if it was written five years ago!!" she shot back, turning her glare back to him. "The fact is that you said it, and it was cruel, irresponsible, and just downright wrong!!"

"Why are you freaking out like this?" Leeteuk asked, sounding somewhat hurt.

"Yeah, besides, it's their own personal opinion, you can't come in here and start yelling at them for it," Kangin added.

"Oh, by all means, have your own opinion! But sometimes, people don't want to hear it, and there's usually a pretty damned good reason for it!!"

Jeri threw the men another seething glare and marched around their leader, Leeteuk turning and trying to catch her.

"Jeri! Jeri-"

His pursuit was stopped when the girl slammed the door closed in his face. He swung it open and ran into the hall, but Jeri was already gone.

-=-=-=-

Jeri continued with the silent treatment towards the boys for the next week, especially when she tried to confide in other members like Kyuhyun and even Henry and they took their elder's side. She outright refused to answer any of their calls and blatantly ignored them when they were walking by each other in the hall, using either her brother or Setiawan as a human shield.

Not used to having the European absent from their lives ended up distracting the older idols, but no matter to what extent they tried to approach her, she would always glare at them and stomp away like a toddler who wasn't allowed to play with their friends after school.

Super Junior finished up their dancing schedule and were now heading back to their dorms for a much needed rest. Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun stopped outside of the doors to one of the filming rooms. The others turned around to see the two slowly opening the doors and letting music flow out of it.

"What are you two doing?" Yesung asked.

"Jeri's in here…" Kyuhyun muttered, not looking away from the room.

The others walked over and the two men opened the doors all the way to reveal that Jeri, along with Setiawan and Jun, were in the room dancing, Jeri leading them as usual. She danced with as much passion as she always had, the sweat dripping down her face and the spark that the men had started to miss was back in her eyes.

As the song ended, the three froze until the cameramen said that they would take a break from filming. The trio all bowed and sang a chorus of thank you’s before descending the small stage and walking over to a table with bottles of water and a bowl of fruit. Leeteuk pushed his way through and walked straight up to her, some of the other members trying to stop him.

"Jeri."

The girl swung around in surprise, but when she realised who it was who was standing behind her, her eyes darkened and she glared at him.

"Excuse me, I have to keep filming," she growled, going to walk around him.

"No, what you need to do it talk to us," he growled back, grabbing her arm. "Jeri, you're acting like a child; you're blowing this way out of proportion."

Jeri jerked her arm free and gave him a seething glare. "Don't you ever touch me again!!" she yelled at him.

"Jeri, stop being like this! Yes, it was wrong of us to say that, but you don't need to make such a big deal out of it!" Leeteuk stated, clearly getting aggravated.

"A big deal? A big deal?! Leeteuk, what you, Shindong and Yesung said was cruel!! Do you have any idea how many girls you must've hurt when you said those things?! Yes, alright, some of us could go for a couple more laps around the track, but who the hell gave you the right to judge?! Forgive us for not all having a godly metabolism like you guys, or not having the time to work on it!! And did it ever occur to you that some girls even have a disease that makes them gain weight, no matter how much they work against it?" Jeri raged. "You have every right to your own opinion, I'm not saying change it, go ahead and hate fat girls for all I care, but it's like that you keep to yourself! It's jackasses like you three that make bigger girls feel like sewage!!"

"Jeri-"

"No!! You guys saying that overweight girls are lazy and don't take care of themselves is like me saying that I can't stand Asians because your eyes are thinner and slanted!! I really thought better of you guys! I've gotten to the point with you that I want to take a potato peeler to my pelvis!!!"

Leeteuk stayed silent, simply giving her a hurt look. Jeri rolled her eyes and walked around him, purposely bumping her shoulder with his. All of the men watched the girl walk out of the room and slam the door behind her.

"She wants to rip off her tattoo? But I thought she got it to commemorate our friendship…" Sungmin whimpered.

"I guess, it means she can't even count us as friends anymore," Siwon said, lowering his eyes to the ground.

"Why is she acting so sourly towards this?" Eunhyuk asked.

"Because you struck a chord," Jun replied from behind the group.

They all turned to look at him with raised eyebrows.

"Well duh we struck a chord, she won't even talk to us anymore," Kangin stated.

"Not what I meant," Jun muttered.

"C'mon, you can't honestly tell me that none of you guys have thought about it," Shindong claimed as Setiawan walked over.

"You can't pair everyone up with yourselves," Setiawan stated. "You all like petite girls, I want my future girlfriend to have some meat on her bones; I can't imagine myself with people like SNSD or Brown Eyed Girls."

"Jun…"

"I'm not taking any part in this, you got yourselves into it, you're getting yourselves out of it," Jun stated, raising his hands in surrender and walking away.

The 10 men watched, absolutely baffled as the two men walked out of the room after their youngest member, leaving them to their own thoughts

.

 


Sorry that this chapter is so late guys, I just wanted to make sure to fine tune everything before posting it for you all~

Uh oh, SuJu boys made the Jer-Bear mad, not very smart, who do you think is gonna get mauled first?


Thank you for subscribing and following along with me as I attempt to bring you an even greater experience with Jeri and the gang~!

Thank you to all subscribers as well as silent readers, and a special thanks to arandomperson, iheartbts, FixRate, DolphinWorld and Arashi93 for upvoting~!