Setiawan the Family Man

Unrelenting Fortitude

"Stay safe!" Jeri called, waving to him as he walked through the doors.

Setiawan chuckled and waved back as he continued further into the airport.

After nearly six years, Setiawan was finally given a chance to return to Russia and visit his family. He had missed all of them a lot; his mother for her delicious cooking, his father for his kind smile, as well as the fact that it was thanks to him that Setiawan was able to join SME, and his two elder sisters, one of which was currently very pregnant.

He handed the agent his ticket, the man's eyes widening at his height, which Setiawan was very used to, and was allowed onto the plane, taking his seat near the front after placing his bag above his head. He could feel the other passengers staring at him as well as hearing them whispering about him; it's not like he was hard to notice, even on a crowded plane.

"Umm… excuse me… Oppa?"

Setiawan turned slightly to see a girl a couple years younger than Jeri standing at the end of his row with a pad of paper clutched in her hands. Giving her an encouraging smile, Setiawan laughed and stretched out his hand.

"I'd love to."

The girl squealed slightly and quickly opened the pad, handing it and a pen to him as he began to scrawl his name. Finishing and handing the pad back to her, the girl rambled a million thank yous with a deep bow then dashed back to her seat making him chuckle. It was times like that that made him happy to be an idol; true fans didn't mind his differences.

-=-=-=-=-

Getting off of the plane, grabbing his bags and heading out to the parking lot, Setiawan took a deep breath, filling his lungs with the familiar air of home. Quickly hailing a cab and placing his things in the trunk, he told the driver where he was going and they were off.

Rolling down the window to let the chilled air in, Setiawan closed his eyes in content.

"Visiting after an extended vacation?" the driver guessed with a laugh, seeing him through the rear-view mirror.

"Yeah, and it's so nice to be back home," Setiawan replied, a smile on his face.

The driver simply nodded and continued down the road, Setiawan continuing to watch the buildings and people zoom by.

Soon enough, the taxi pulled up in front of a mid-sized house with a large tree reaching over the walkway to the front door. Lining the fence to the property were trinkets, stuffed animals and baskets decorated with hearts making Setiawan chuckle and the driver raise an eyebrow.

"Someone's pretty famous," the older man laughed as Setiawan got his things out of the trunk.

Handing the man his money Setiawan smirked. "You have no idea."

With a simple shrug of his shoulders, the driver tipped his invisible hat to the taller and drove off, Setiawan lifting his bags over his shoulder and picking up his suitcase, heading towards the door. Taking a deep breath before inserting his key, Setiawan knocked his feet together to get rid of any dirt on his boots before placing his bags in the foyer. Just as he reached up to untie his scarf, he noticed a pair of small feet coming down the stairs. When they were fully in view, they revealed themselves to be a small oriental woman with dark hair and deep brown eyes, a large wrinkled smile growing onto her face.

"Setiawan~! It's been far too long since your last visit my son!" The small woman cooed, dashing over to him and reaching up to cup her son's cheeks and wiggle them around.

"Forgive me mother, it's been a little hectic over in Korea…" Setiawan apologized with a sorry smile, continuing to take off his coat and shoes.

The woman nodded in acceptance and shooed him further into the house. "Go find a seat in the kitchen, mother will make you something to eat."

With a laugh, the man listened to the woman, walking into the kitchen and taking a seat as she shuffled over to the fridge, pulling out eggs, sour cream, and some other ingredients.

"SETTY~~!"

Before the man could even turn, arms were thrown around his shoulders in a hug and kisses were plastered across his cheek.

"Good morning, Dewi," he greeted with a laugh.

"How is my baby brother doing? It's been much too long since I've seen your lovely face!" she asked, patting down his hair with a kind smile.

"I've been alright. Getting tired in my old age and surrounded by wee ones, but I believe I can handle it." Setiawan replied with a small laugh.

"If you're old what am I!? Ancient!?!" Dewi barked, giving him a glare.

Setiawan laughed as their mother walked over with a plate of food and a cup of tea, placing it in front of her son as well as a kiss on the head. "Now Dewi, your brother's just gotten home from a long flight. Let him eat a nice home cooked meal before you start fighting," she scolded.

Dewi pouted and placed her cheek in her hand, elbow on the table and watched as Setiawan dug into his food.

After he finished, their mother took his dishes and told him to let Dewi accompany him for a walk around the neighbourhood, to which Setiawan agreed.

"So how has everyone been while I was gone?" he asked, looking down at his sister as she slipped on her shoes.

"Dad's been working a lot and he's not home often so I've moved in with mom to keep her company. Ndari's as busy as ever, especially with a bouncing baby not a month due," Dewi answered with a laugh.

"What about you? You've been alright?" he asked.

Dewi shrugged and followed him out the front door after yelling a goodbye to their mother. "Not a lot's really changed since you left. I think the biggest thing is now I have to keep a bat attached to my hip to make sure your fans don't try and climb the fence onto our property," she replied, giving the younger man a look while motioning to the wall of gifts lined along their fence.

Setiawan gave a nervous chuckle and rubbed the back of his neck with an apologetic smile.

"But yeah, nothing has really changed up here, what about you? Anything interesting that you feel like sharing? Liiike… how that hottie in your group likes his women?" Dewi hinted, grinning up at her brother.

Setiawan snorted in an attempt to keep himself from laughing and gave his older sister a look. "Trust me when I say that you're not his type Dewi."

Dewi pouted and crossed her arms over her chest. "Why not? I'm a capable woman, I'm smoking hot, I have a degree in engineering, what more could he want?"

Setiawan mumbled making her lean closer, him shaking his head with a laugh when he saw her. "Never mind, let's just see what we can see on our walk shall we?"

Dewi's pout grew, but sighed and followed after him, managing to match her strides with his.

The two soon entered the downtown part of the city, Dewi not being able to keep her laughter in when her younger brother began gravitating towards all of the food.

"Dewi… I'm looking at a bar of Kopobka… do you have any idea how long I've wanted to eat Kopobka chocolate? It's been five years Dewi~~!" Setiawan groaned.

"Alright, alright, Let's go buy you some chocolate mister deprived," Dewi laughed, dragging him into the store.

As Dewi purchased a couple bars, the girl claiming that Ndari had also grown a love for chocolate in her last month of pregnancy, Setiawan walked around the store, feeling the eyes of one of the clerks on his back.

"Excuse me!"

The man turned to see a group of teen girls standing in the doorway, watching him with wide eyes.

"S-S-Setiawan??"

"Can I help you girls?" he asked, instantly knowing that they were fans.

The girls squealed and dashed over to him, instantly asking him about South Korea and that they were his number one fans.

"Can you sign my CD please??"

"NO! Sign my CD!!"

"SIGN MY FACE!!!"

Setiawan laughed and took the two CD cases and quickly signed them and handed them back. "I'm not signing your forehead."

The two girls laughed as the third girl pouted, quickly digging for a piece of paper in her pocket and handing it to him. After he signed the papers and handed it back, Setiawan noticed that Dewi was watching him from the door, a small bag on her arm. Excusing himself, he walked over to her and the two headed back to their home.

Entering the house, Setiawan could instantly feel that something was different.

"Dyadya!!"

A small boy bolted out of the living room and dashed towards Setiawan, the man laughing and lifting the toddler into the air as he squealed in joy.

"My little Misha! You're not so little anymore are you?" Setiawan chuckled, placing the boy on his ribs.

"Niet! I'm big now, just like you!" the toddler proclaimed, waving his arms around.

"Da, if you grow anymore you'll be bigger than me," Setiawan laughed, bouncing the boy slightly.

"He better not get bigger than you!" a female voice laughed from the living room.

Setiawan poked his head around the corner and saw three adults lounging in the living room, one of which was his mother.

"Ndari~" he sang, opening his arm.

The woman managed to heave herself off of the couch and hug him, Setiawan being wary of the impressively large baby bump. The siblings pulled away and Setiawan held her out at arm's length.

"I think it's going to be a girl," he claimed with a grin.

"Thank you!" their mother laughed. "Ndari you're absolutely glowing, listen to your mother and start thinking of girl names!"

Ndari and her husband laughed as Setiawan lead her back over to the couch, helping her to sit down as Misha climbed onto his father's lap.

"We brought you a peace offering," Dewi laughed, handing her elder sister the chocolate bar.

Ndari and the others laughed as the woman took the candy from her sister.

"I knew there was a reason I loved you guys," she laughed.

The younger siblings chuckled as Ndari opened the wrapper and began eating the chocolate. Just as she was about to take another bite, Ndari gasped, dropping the chocolate bar and clutching her abdomen, a pained look on her face.

"Oh dear! I know that look all too well!" her mother gasped. "Dewi! Go start up the van!"

Not having to be told twice, the middle sibling sprang from her seat as Setiawan quickly took Misha from Ndari's husband, who was attempting to quell his wife's sudden pain.

"We have to get her to the car," their mother claimed, taking Ndari's arm and gently trying to ease her off of the couch.

"Wouldn't it be better to call an ambulance??" Ndari's husband squeaked.

"You'd think this was your first time being a father," Setiawan teased good naturedly.

After being given a firm look, the youngest rolled his eyes and lead the way out of the house, Dewi having pulled the van up and opened the back door so that they could slide a cringing Ndari into the back.

"Alright, wonderful dear, now drive to the hospital carefully; we want to arrive as a happy new family not patients," their mother called, sitting by her daughter to help her pass through the pain.

Dewi nodded and began to drive down the road towards the hospital.

-=-=-=-=-

"Dyadya~! When can I go see mama~!" Misha asked, toddling up to Setiawan and bouncing on his toes with a smile.

"We can all go see mama when bubushka comes out and tells us we can," Setiawan replied, smiling back down at the toddler and tousling his blond hair.

Misha chirped and clapped his hands together. Just as he began to babble to himself and wander around the hall, Setiawan and Dewi's heads shot up when their mother came out of the room, a broad smile on her face.

"I've still got it," she smirked, crossing her arms over her chest.

The siblings chuckled and walked towards the room holding their sister and brother-in-law, Setiawan picking up Misha when the little boy ran towards them.

"Sestra~ am I allowed to coo over my niece?" Dewi sang, walking over to the bed.

Ndari gave a tired laugh and motioned for her husband to pass the newborn to her younger sister, Dewi carefully taking the pink bundle and instantly cooing over her.

"Did you guys decide on a name?" Setiawan asked, standing behind his sister so that Misha could see his sister for the first time.

"Anja," Ndari replied, her eyes half-lidded in exhaustion.

The others nodded and Anja was passed to her grandmother. When the group turned to Setiawan and smiled, he gave them all confused looks.

"Chto?"

"Don't you want to hold your niece Setty?" Dewi laughed, offering to take Misha from him.

Before he could make up an excuse, the baby boy was taken from him by his father and Anja was passed to Dewi, who helped her brother hold the infant properly.

"See? It's not too hard," their mother laughed, placing her hands on her hips.

Setiawan gave them all nervous looks, but when he looked over to Ndari to see her giving him an encouraging nod, he smiled and looked down at the sleeping baby.

"Yeah… not too hard."

--

I'm sorry I've been away for so long guys, I'm actually in the middle of trying to move from one city to another and my pc is packed away so I'm trying to navigate and write on this site but it's fighting back pretty hard. I can only promise that I'll continue to do my best to get updates out as fast as I can

Thank you for subscribing and following along with me as I attempt to bring you an even greater experience with Jeri and the gang~!

Thank you to all subscribers as well as silent readers, and a special thanks to arandomperson, iheartbts, FixRate, DolphinWorld and Arashi93 for upvoting~!