Tambourine in Yokohama

Unrelenting Fortitude

"We're going to Japan again?" Harii asked, giving their manager a confused look.

 

"Yes, and after this last show you guys will be free to roam around for a couple months until we start working again," Nyua explained from her spot on the floor.

 

"How long are we going to be in Japan?" Jeri asked, sprawled out on the floor next to the older woman.

 

"We're going to leave for the 10th, you'll have two shows; one on the 11th and one on the 12th, and then we can rest up for a couple days before dashing back to Seoul."

 

The four nodded in agreement while Jeri stretched.

 

"So that means we have seven days to prepare and practise," she grinned, eyeing the three men.

 

They groaned while Nyua laughed, standing along with the maknae.

 

"C'mon Junnie~ Time to practise your dancing~!" Jeri teased, attempting to tug him off of the couch.

 

"I don't wanna!!" Jun whined, gripping the arm of the couch. "Dad, make the parasite go away!"

 

Setiawan rolled his eyes and stood from the couch, giving Jun's leg a firm tug so that he landed on the floor with a loud 'thud'.

 

"We should get all the practise in that we can considering it's going to be a live performance," he claimed, helping Harii off of the floor.

 

Jun pouted but stood, dusting off his rear before being dragged towards the door by his sister.

 

-=-=-

 

"Everyone stay close to each other please," Nyua called, stretching her arms out at the side so that the four idols could pass by.

 

Jeri subconsciously latched onto Jun's hand, him giving it a re-assuring squeeze back. With Setiawan leading the charge through the airport; Harii latched onto the back of his shirt and holding onto Jun's unoccupied hand, the four managed to plow through the crowd of screaming fans quickly before climbing into their van, Nyua quickly sliding the door closed behind them before jumping into the driver's seat.

 

"I want to be bubble boy in times like this," Jun mumbled, watching as a couple of the girls tried to come towards the van only to be held back by security.

 

The drive to the hotel was fairly quiet, Harii absent-mindedly humming their songs in the backseat, Setiawan daydreaming while staring out the window, Jun plugging in his music and Jeri watching where they were going from over Nyua's shoulder.

 

"So Jeri-ah, are you nervous about performing again?" Nyua asked with a kind smile.

 

Jeri shrugged. "I've gotten used to it by now, but I'll admit it's still a bit nerve wracking, but I'm sure we'll do fine," she grinned.

 

Nyua nodded in acceptance and turned her eyes back to the road.

 

"Hey… ummm...Unnie…"

 

Nyua hmmed telling the idol she was listening, though she was secretly enthused at the fact that the girl had used honorifics with her..

 

"Do you like being our manager? I mean, last month you got hurt because of us…"

 

Jeri raised an eyebrow when the woman laughed.

 

"Jeri, I absolutely adore being your manager, because even if I do get hurt, if that is all it takes to keep my favourite K-Pop group safe, then I would gladly take a thousand jabs to the face," Nyua smiled, looking at the maknae through the rear-view mirror.

 

"Well I guess it's better than you being a sasang…"

 

Nyua laughed but didn't reply, continuing to drive towards the hotel.

 

Once they arrived, security was there once again to fend off all of the outstretched arms as they walked into the building. They got their card keys and separated to their rooms, Setiawan and Harii, Jun and Jeri and Nyua with a few of the other staff members.

 

"Aww, they're so cute," Jeri cooed once the siblings entered their rooms.

 

Jun chuckled as his sister dashed over to the farthest bed and flopped onto it, a content sigh escaping her lips. As Jun unpacked a few things from his bag, Jeri stood by the window.

 

"Japan looks so different when it's covered in snow…"

 

"What do you expect for February?" Jun laughed from the bathroom.

 

"I know, but it's interesting how different places look from season to season," Jeri mumbled. "I also love how everyone is so convinced that two inches in an insane amount of snow."

 

"Ah Malahide~" Jun sighed with a laugh. "Is it sad that I actually miss the four feet of snow we would get on a good day?"

 

Jeri laughed and flopped back down on her bed. Just as she was going to get comfortable, there was a knock on their door. The two froze until a voice sounded from the other side.

 

"I brought cake~!"

 

"Jun what are you waiting for open the damned door!!" Jeri yelped, quickly sitting up.

 

Jun laughed and opened the door to reveal Harii with a small box in his hands.

 

"One of the fans left this at the front counter for us, so I figured we could have a piece before we head over to the arena," the Korean laughed, walking into the room.

 

"Harii I agree with you one hundred percent!" Jeri grinned, quickly dashing over as he opened the lid.

 

The Korean handed the siblings plates and distributed the last three pieces, Jeri instantly devouring her piece while Jun watched her with a grin.

 

"Wert?" she mumbled through her full mouth.

 

Jun's grin seemed to grow as he quickly took a small handful of his cake and shoved it in his sister's face.

 

"YA!!" she yelped after swallowing her food. "You jerk, I just washed my face!!"

 

Harii had doubled over in laughter while Jun simple ate his cake as if nothing had happened. Jeri glared at her brother and quickly put her hand under his and shoved the remaining part of his cake into his own face. Before he could retaliate, Jeri quickly ran into their bathroom with her own grin decorating her lips.

 

-=-=-

 

"Alright so this is where you guys will be performing," Nyua began, opening her arms to gesture to the wide stage. "Yokohama Arena seats roughly around 17,000 people, and I'm told we can expect almost a full house for both days."

 

"Wow… that's a lot of ladies…" Jun gawked, stepping onto the stage to see the view.

 

"Who says it's only going to be girls, we have fan boys too," Jeri laughed, jumping up to stand beside him.

 

"Don't make me push you off," Jun grinned, leaning down to look her in the eye.

 

"You do that and I take you with me," Jeri grinned back.

 

Jun chuckled and rolled his eyes, standing straight as the two walked back over to their group.

 

"How about we run through Joker once, just to see how we can utilize the space," Nyua suggested.

 

"I agree!" Jeri cheered.

 

The three men nodded in agreement and found the center of the stage, taking their positions.

 

The four ran through all of their songs several times before they collapsed onto the floor.

 

"Well, that looked almost flawless," Nyua cheered, squatting down onto the floor near the middle of the four. "Setiawan-ssi, you have to remember to step to the right rather than the left for Anger is Bliss and Harii-ssi, I want you to rest your throat for the next couple days; I don't want to you strain your voice for the high notes in Satin Dress."

 

The two men nodded in understanding as Nyua turned her head to the siblings. "Jun-ssi, I don't want you to dash around so much while you're singing, I know that fans have a habit of tossing things onto the stage and I don't want something to hit you."

 

When Nyua turned towards Jeri, the girl felt her heart drop.

 

"Jeri-ah, I know that you don't have any singing parts in the songs, so you like to interact with the crowd, but you also have to remember that you are the metronome for the boys, so try not to move around so much, if they lose their timing and are trying to find you they'll only get further and further behind," the woman explained.

 

Jeri released a relieved sigh and nodded, understanding the manager's worry and nodding.

 

"So, are you guys ready for tomorrow?" Nyua began with a fist pump.

 

"YEAH!!!"

 

-=-=-

 

"Thank you all so much for coming out today and supporting us, we love each and every one of you!" Jeri shouted through the mic in Japanese.

 

The crowd roared as the four joined hands and bowed a couple times before walking off of the stage.

 

"Omo, I'm so tired," Jeri sighed, rubbing her shoulder as they walked into the back rooms to get undressed.

 

"I'm going to bed as soon as we get back and there's nothing any of you can say to stop me," Jun agreed, looping his arm across Harii's shoulder.

 

The Korean laughed and patted the younger man's back as Setiawan chuckled.

 

The four changed clothes and made their way back to the hotel, only to see that there were now camera crews in front of the doors. With a sigh, the clambered out of the van and made their way to the doors, the security guards holding the paparazzi away from them as they walked by.

 

"I'll catch up with you guys in a second, go on up and go to bed," Setiawan claimed, walking over to the front desk.

 

The three shrugged but followed the leader's orders, Jun and Harii heading over to the elevator while Nyua followed Jeri up the stairs.

 

Setiawan finished speaking to the clerk(with lots of very broken Japanese), and headed towards the elevator to get some rest himself.

 

-=-

 

"There's only Kyuhyun and Sungmin's room and Ryeowook and Kangin's room left-" Leeteuk paused when he apparently noticed something down the hall. "Ah! Setty-ah!"

 

The leader dashed passed the camera towards the lumbering blond, the younger man having stopped to let him catch up.

 

"You putting all of your kids to bed too?" Leeteuk asked with a laugh.
 

"I usually don't have to put them to bed; they're generally really good with it," Setiawan laughed, nodding to the camera crew in greeting.
 

"Ah, really? What's your secret?"
 

"Get them really tired during the day," Setiawan replied with a laugh. "I guess since you brought it up I should probably make sure though…"
 

Leeteuk clapped with a grin and followed the younger man down the hall. The two continued down the hall and Setiawan pulled out a card key from his back pocket, Leeteuk giving it a confused look. The blonde opened the door and walked in, Leeteuk and his cameraman right behind him.
 

" Aww~" Leeteuk cooed upon entering.
 

The Isami siblings were fast asleep, the TV quietly buzzing in the corner, which Setiawan shut off. Jun was closest to the door and was half in the bed and half hanging off with his mouth slightly open and a light snore sounding through the room. He was also bare chested and his hair was a mess. Jeri was on the far side of the room curled up in a tight ball with her covers covering 95% of her body, all except for her head.
 

"They're such cute sleepers~" Leeteuk cooed again.
 

"Well, let's let them sleep, ne?" Setiawan chuckled, lightly shooing the elder and his cameraman out of the room.

 

They continued down the hall to the next room and Setiawan opened the door with his key card again. The lights were on as well as the TV, making Leeteuk give a quiet chuckle from behind the blond. When he poked his head around the taller man he couldn't help but laugh.

 

Harii was propped up on his bed, his head on the top of the frame, sleeping, the TV remote in his hand, wearing a pair of sweatpants and a tank-top, his hair hanging in his face. Leeteuk walked over and made flailing gestures towards him.
 

"He's so adorable!"
 

Setiawan turned off TV and walked over. "Harii's always falling asleep on top of his covers, but as soon as you get him under them, he shifts down on the bed," he explained.
 

Leeteuk gave him a confused look as Setiawan slid an arm under Harii's legs and moved him so that the covers came up to his chest. The Korean sighed and shifted down so that he was flat on the bed and smiled in his sleep making Leeteuk try to suppress his chuckle.

 

"Well, you guys worked very hard today, so I'll leave and let you get some rest while I send my own children to bed," Leeteuk laughed, patting Setiawan on the shoulder with a smile.

 

"Alright, see you tomorrow Hyung," Setiawan bid, walking the elder and his cameraman out of their room.

 

-=-=-

 

"Now it's time to wake everyone up. It was a late night for a lot of them, so they might be in a bad mood…" Leeteuk chuckled as the cameras followed the duo down the halls once again.

 

"At least someone is awake other than us," Yesung claimed, pointing behind the camera.

 

The camera turned as Leeteuk leaned to look around it. Setiawan and Harii were walking down the hall towards them, both dressed and washed, Jun and Jeri right behind them.

 

"Hey guys!" Leeteuk cheered with a wave.

 

"Hey guys~!" Jeri cheered, dashing from her own group over to the two men, looping her arms with both of them. "I thought you all weren't coming for another couple days…?"

 

"We have to do a couple things before our shows start up so we got here nice and early," Yesung chuckled as the others walked up to them.
 

"So where are the others?" Jeri asked, looking around.

 

"We're going to wake them up right now actually," Leeteuk grinned.

 

"Oh really?? Can I help?!?" the girl cheered, giving the two older men a pleading look.

 

"Maybe you should ask your own group first," Yesung suggested with a chuckle.

 

"Gantuuuuuuu~~~,"

 

"Go ahead, we'll be down in the breakfast lounge," Setiawan laughed, patting the girl on the head.

 

Jeri cheered as the three men left, the girl following after Leeteuk and Yesung as they continued down the hall, the camera right behind them.

 

They stopped in front of a door and Leeteuk opened it with the card key their manager had given him.

 

"Who's room is this?" Jeri asked.

 

"Donghae and Eunhyuk's room," Yesung replied as they entered.

 

Jeri grinned and followed after them. Leeteuk walked over and teased a sleeping Eunhyuk while Jeri bounced over to Donghae's bed and gently pulled the covers off of his head.

 

"Nemo~" she sang, poking his cheek. "Wakey wakey~~"

 

The man grumbled in his sleep and attempted to burrow his way further into the bed making her laugh. She shook his shoulder making him crack his eyes open enough so he could see who it was.

 

The moment Donghae noticed it was Jeri he grinned and stretched his arms over his head with a sigh. "What are you doing here Jeri-ah?"

 

"I'm here to help wake you up!" she grinned, bouncing his mattress slightly with her hands. "Now wake up, wake up, wake up!"

 

"I'm up, I'm up, I'm up!" he chanted back with a laugh, reaching out to pat her head.

 

"Here Jeri-ah, you can open the next room while we drag Eunhyuk out," Leeteuk laughed, handing her the key card.

 

Jeri took it and zoomed out of the room, eager to see who was in the next one. She unlocked the door and poked her head in, a grin instantly jumping onto her face. She dashed into the room and leapt onto the closest bed, instantly wrapping her arms around the sleeping body.

 

"KYUTIE~~~!! YOUR ADORABLE DONGSAENG IS HERE TO BRING YOU INTO THE WORLD OF AWARENESS~~~!!" she squealed.

 

Kyuhyun made a sound between irritation and discomfort as he attempted to cover his head with his pillow to muffle out her voice.

 

"Kyutie~~ Time to wake uuuppp~!" she sang, sitting up and shaking his shoulder back and forth. "I'm not leaving until you're awake!"

 

"Go away…" he grumbled from under the pillow.

 

"Awww, didn't you miss me while I was gone though? Besides, you should be relishing in the fact that there's a woman in your bed!"

 

When the occupant of the other bed suddenly burst out laughing, Jeri's head shot up to see Sungmin covering his face in an attempt to calm himself.

 

"Mickey tell Kyutie to wake up!" she whined with a pout.

 

"I think after a comment like that, Kyuhyun's as awake as he's going to get," Sungmin snickered, sitting up in his bed and rubbing his eyes.

 

Jeri blinked at him and turned her head back down the Super Junior's maknae only to see him glaring up at her with a beat red face. She gave him a corny grin making him sigh and push himself into a sitting position.

 

"Are you guys alright in here?"

 

"Yeah we could hear yelling from the other room…"

 

The three turned their heads towards the door to see Leeteuk, Yesung Donghae and a half-asleep Eunhyuk standing in the doorway.

 

"It's nothing hyung," Sungmin snickered. "Just telling Kyuhyun he should be grateful for what he currently has."

 

The younger man quickly spun his head around to glare at the Aegyo King making him and the others laugh as Jeri patted down his bed head.


"Nawww, don't worry Kyutie, I still love you," Jeri teased.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sorry that this update is out late again guys. As I said last chapter I've realized that, as much as I will try to keep to a schedule, I can't make any guarantees because life tends to screw me often and just mess me up. I CAN promise though that I'll update as often as I can~!

Thank you for subscribing and following along with me as I attempt to bring you an even greater experience with Jeri and the gang~!

Thank you to all subscribers as well as silent readers, and a special thanks to arandomperson, iheartbts, FixRate, DolphinWorld and Arashi93 for upvoting~!