Dealing With the Consequences

Unrelenting Fortitude

"Nu-uh! Park it right here, check?" Jun scolded, pushing his sister's shoulders down so that she'd sit in the chair.

 

"But I'm bored~" she whined, slumping back in her chair dramatically.

 

"I don't care if you're bored, you have a cracked skull, so you're going to sit and stay like a good puppy," Jun retorted, shaking his finger like he was scolding a three year old.

 

Jeri pouted and crossed her arms, glaring at her shoes. Realizing he had won, Jun nodded and walked back over to the stage where Setiawan and Harii were waiting.

 

It had been about a week since Jeri's hospital visit, and Jun had kept his word to the doctor, keeping her off of the stage and away from crowds so that she didn't strain or stress herself out... for the most part.

 

Jeri attempted to sneak out of her chair and had one leg over the back when...

 

"I'll use it over the microphone if you don't plant it," Jun's voice boomed through the speakers.

 

Jeri muttered to herself and moved back so that she was sitting properly in her seat with a huff, resting her cheek in her hand. She watched the three going through the review of their dancing, and she, thankfully, only noticed minimal mistakes in their movements.

 

"One potato, two potato, three potato, four. Five potato, six potato, seven potato, more. Icha bacha, soda cracker, icha bacha boo. Icha bacha, soda cracker, out goes YOU!"

 

Jeri shrieked when a pair of hand slammed down onto her shoulders, scaring her nearly out of her chair. She swung around to see a wide grin.

 

"You're a very unpleasant word!" she growled, smacking Kyuhyun in the arm.

 

"I told you not to scare her," Kangin laughed, walking up behind the younger man with the others.

 

"No scaring the baby, she's fragile for the next two weeks," Harii chimed through the microphone.

 

"Fragile? She's a brick wall," Zhou Mi laughed, a look of pure disbelief on his face.

 

"They're just being dramatic, I'm fine," Jeri growled, glaring at the three men on stage.

 

"Are you sure? We heard about the break-in," Henry said, jumping over the chairs to sit next to her.

 

"I'm guessing you heard it from nine different girls first..." Jeri sighed, making the four men laugh.

 

"What I heard is you fought them off pretty well!" Kyuhyun laughed, leaning over the chair to loom over her.

 

"The one tackled me to the ground and gave me a cracked skull, how is that "fighting them off”?" she muttered, adding in air quotes.

 

"She gave you a cracked skull?!" Kangin gasped, sitting up in his chair along with the others.

 

"Cracked skull, concussion, you say potato I saw potaato," Jeri replied with a shrug.

 

"My poor baby," Zhou Mi cooed, hugging her shoulders from behind. "Tell me where I can find them and I'll sick Kangin-hyung on them."

 

The group laughed as Kangin shoved Zhou Mi with a laugh.

 

"I appreciate the love guys, but right now I'd love nothing more to stop living under house arrest," Jeri muttered.

 

"Are they keeping you on a leash that much?" Henry asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

"Yeah and it’s beyond irritating,” Jeri huffed crossing her arms over her chest. “I can understand wanting to make sure I heal properly and quickly, but I can at least walk to the bathroom on my own… stupid Jun…”

 

"I heard Hankyung-hyung fell asleep over there when he went to visit," Kyuhyun laughed.

 

"Did he? I know I drifted off, but when I woke up he was gone and the guys were back," Jeri hummed.

 

The other nodded. “He was a little flustered about it, something about your brother dissecting him while he was tying his shoes..." Zhou Mi recalled.

 

Jeri groaned and placed her forehead in her palm as the guys snickered.

 

"But seriously, from what I’ve heard you’re doing fine, I mean, your manager roams the halls in something like a frustrated daze but I don’t understand why… isn’t you healing a good thing?” Henry claimed.

 

"He’s angry that the average time a human takes to heal from a concussion is three weeks,” Jeri scoffed, rolling her eyes and glaring down at the man watching the three men on the stage like a hawk.

The four men didn’t reply, already having come to understand Jeri’s lack of liking towards Tambourine’s manager.

“Well… onto nicer topics, a few of us were thinking of heading down to the shopping district, would you like to tag along?” Zhou Mi offered.

“Mmmm, I’m not sure. I probably could, but I don’t want to suddenly have you guys end it because I get dizzy or too tired-”

“Jeri you’re still healing, it’s only natural that you’d be a little out of sorts,” Henry laughed, patting her on the shoulder.

“One of us can always throw you over our shoulder if we’re almost done too,” Kyuhyun snickered.

“What, are you volunteering?” Jeri challenged, giving him a raised eyebrow and smirk.

The two had a mini stare-down before Kangin jokingly pushed Kyuhyun towards Jeri, both of them flinching away from each other before an accident could happen making the other three burst out laughing.

“So? Any interest?” Zhou Mi asked again.

“I’m up for it, but you’d probably have to go ask the hen,” Jeri claimed, nodding over to Jun who was still practising on the stage with Harii and Setiawan.

 

Zhou Mi smiled and bounded up to the stage, Kyuhyun right behind him, Jeri, Henry and Kangin watching with raised eyebrows.

 

"I meant after practice but that works too," she said watching as they motioned Jun over to the edge of the stage.

 

"We’ll try to make sure you don’t strain yourself too much while we’re out,” Kangin claimed. “And if it does get too be too much I’m sure Jun would be all too willing to come and pick you up.”

 

Jeri hummed in acknowledgement and rested further back into her chair. She moved her hands to the side of her head and began rubbing right above her ears, a small cringe twisting onto her face.

 

"Are you sure you're alright?" Henry asked, his voice laced with worry.

 

"No," Jeri groaned.

 

Henry thought for a couple seconds, then hopped over the back of his chair and sat in the one behind Jeri. He shimmied forward and reached out, sliding his hands under Jeri's and began gently massaging her head.

 

"Aww, Pancake you're a Saint," Jeri laughed, allowing the older boy to rub her throbbing head.

 

"Trust me, I'm no Saint," he laughed.

 

"Aww my two babies are bonding," Zhou Mi cooed as he walked back over.

 

"Come here so I can kick you," Jeri laughed, kicking her leg out without opening her eyes.

 

Zhou Mi pouted and sat in Henry's old seat, watching as his maknae continued to rub the girl's head.

 

"You two make such a cute couple~~," Kangin teased, watching the two as Kyuhyun sat down beside him.

 

Jeri burst out laughing as Henry's face went beat red. He quickly took back his hands and let his eyes fall to the floor as Zhou Mi reached over and smacked Kangin on the arm.

 

"Look what you did; they were having a moment and you ruined it!" he scolded.


Kangin laughed as Jeri tilted her head back to look at Henry. The boy moved his eyes to look at her and she simply smiled back.

The four men remained in the small auditorium for the lesser part of an hour before Yesung popped his head in, telling them that they too had to get back to practise. This left Jeri alone in the seats to slowly drift off to sleep, hands stuffed into the pocket of her hoodie, hood up and posture slouched.

When Setiawan, Harii and Jun were finally released from from practice, they couldn’t contain a small round of snickers, Jun rolling his eyes and, with Harii’s help, managed to get his sleepy sister onto his back and get her to the van.

-=-

The days seemed to slowly pass like this for Tambourine’s youngest member; boring, nothing to do and no-one to talk to in her boredom. She would go with the others to practise, but after sitting on the sidelines for only ten minutes she’d start to get fidgety, which in turn would simultaneously distract and annoy Jun, usually causing to two to bark at each other until Jeri would yell that she’s going for a walk.

Which is how she found herself, once again, in Super Junior’s practise room.

The small flaps of wind from the fan Eunhyuk was using on her didn’t really affect the girl, even when he moved it so it blew her hair into her face.

“You’re so out of it today, are you sure you’re feeling alright?” Ryeowook asked, having been sitting on Jeri’s other side and noticed the distracted look in Jeri’s eyes.

“I’m so bored Wookie, I feel like I’m going to die!” Jeri whined, kicking her feet out with a whine.

A few of the guys snickered at the girl’s dramatic nature, far used to it by now, Ryeowook smiling good-naturedly and patting Jeri on the head.

“Why don’t you go take a nap Jeri-ah,” Kangin snickered.

“Yeah, but make sure that a certain someone doesn’t sneak into your room again,” Shindong added.

A handful of the other guys burst into a round of laughter as Hangeng’s face went pink, stuttering incomprehensible words along the lines of ‘It wasn’t like that’.

“I don’t see the big deal about Hannie falling asleep on my bed,” Jeri scoffed, crossing her arms across her chest. “My pants were still on when I woke up so I’m not upset… besides... Hannie’s handsome; I think you’re all just jealous.”

Jeri’s words only served to causes the Chinaman’s cheeks to flush darker and cause the others laughter to intensify, a few of them nudging the China native while wiggling their eyebrows.

“Let’s go out,” Kyuhyun suddenly piped up, having been sitting on Ryeowook’s other side, chin propped on his palm as he watched his fellow maknae boo-hoo.

“Go out? Go out where? Don’t you have to practise?” Jeri gawked, mildly surprised by the other’s suggestion.

“I dunno, let’s just go out, just you and me,” he grinned.

“Are you asking me out on a date?” Jeri laughed, giving him a raised eyebrow and a small smirk.

“Don’t tell your brother,” Kyuhyun replied, smirk growing to show his teeth.

“Sure, why the hell not!” Jeri laughed, throwing her hands above her head. “It’ll get me away from here and appease my boredom.”

With a small snicker, Kyuhyun lifted himself off of the floor and walked over to stand in front of Jeri, hauling her to her feet as Leeteuk began to chastise him for skipping out on practise.

“Oh come on hyung, we’ve been practising for five days straight, if we all keep going then we’ll fall over from exhaustion,” Kyuhyun reasoned. “Besides, Jeri owes me ice cream.”

“Ya! You owe me ice cream you liar!!” Jeri barked, glaring up at him.

The others laughed as Kyuhyun waved away her remark, Jeri continuing to glare up at him before punching him on the arm with a small growl, Kyuhyun giving a small yelp in pain before laughing and rubbing the sore limb.

Quickly dodging more glares and scolding words from Leeteuk and some of the others, Kyuhyun grabbed Jeri’s sleeves and pulled her out of the practise room.

“Alright, so where are we going?” Kyuhyun asked as he and Jeri bundled up and covered their faces.

“Ya, you’re the one who asked me out on this date, besides, isn’t it usually the guy who plans this stuff out?” Jeri laughed, stuffing her hands into her jacket pocket.

“Well, where would you like to go?” the man asked again with a laugh of his own.

Jeri simply shrugged. “Well you do still owe me ice cream so we could always start there…”

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes but nodded, leading the way to the closest place that sold ice cream that was still open.

After ordering her ice cream and Kyuhyun paying for it, Jeri was all smiles.

“I still don’t understand how you can eat ice cream in the middle of winter,” Kyuhyun chuckled, watching her eat her ice cream with a beaming smile on her face.

Jeri, rather than giving him an answer, simply stuck her now blue tongue out at him causing Kyuhyun to chuckle and pull on a small piece of hair that was sticking out from under her beanie.

“Ya!” she barked, swatting his hand away. “Aish this punk! Don’t pull my hair!”

“Did you just call me a punk!?” Kyuhyun gawked. “That’s it!”

Before Jeri could dodge, Kyuhyun ripped the beanie off of her head and ruthlessly messed up her hair, Jeri releasing a squeal as she tried to get away from him, only for the man to quickly wrap an arm around her waist and continue his assault on her head.

“Kyutie stoooop!!” Jeri continued to squeal, trying to break free from his hold.

Both of their actions however, caused Jeri’s grip on her ice cream to slacken, the sweet treat falling to the ground. Both were still and silent for a few second before Kyuhyun quickly released her and quickly dashed in the opposite direction.

“CHO KYUHYUN YOUR DEATH WILL BE SWIFT YET PAINFUL!!”


___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I just wanted to use this space to thank each and every one of you, whether you are a voter, subscriber, commentor or silent reader. I was a little bummed out that this story wasn't getting as much love as the original and I was initially worried that it was because I was boring all of you or I wasn't doing Daffy's original story line justice. But after voicing myself and my worries, a handful of you messaged me back telling me your support and that some of you may just be a wee bit too shy to comment. I'm sorry that I ever had ANY doubt towards any of you beautiful readers, and thank you for those of you who reached out to me, you all made my worries fly away. :)

Thank you for subscribing and following along with me as I attempt to bring you an even greater experience with Jeri and the gang~!

Thank you to all subscribers as well as silent readers, and a special thanks to arandomperson, iheartbts, FixRate and DolphinWorld for upvoting~!