Run Tambourine Run

Unrelenting Fortitude

"I'm freezing my balls off over here I wish they'd just announce us already…" Jun muttered, rubbing his arms and shuffling his feet.

 

"And you call yourself a northerner…" Jeri huffed, giving him a raised eyebrow.

 

Jun glared over at her until Harii bounced in between them. "Now now you two, we had a deal, remember?"

 

"No brutality until we're back at the dorm," the siblings droned. "We know Harii."

 

The Korean chuckled and rubbed his arms along with Jun as Jeri turned her eyes back over to their leader, Setiawan chuckling and shrugging.

 

"We are very happy to welcome four very special guests today to Running Man; Tambourine~!" Yoo Jae-suk announced, clapping towards them as the others joined him.

 

As usual, they entered oldest to youngest, bowing and shaking hands with the eight hosts.

 

"I'm sorry but, Setiawan-sii walked in and shook hands with Kwang-soo," Gary laughed, motioning to the two. "Setiawan-sii's even taller than Kwang-soo!"

 

The others laughed as Setiawan simply smiled along, Harii patting his arm.

 

"Setiawan-sii how tall are you??" Ji Suk-jin asked.

 

"198cm," he laughed.

 

"BWOH!!?!"

 

"How old are you???" Haha asked, stepping out slightly to look at him.

 

"I was born in 1984," he replied with another laugh, running his hand through his hair.

 

"Woa… he's only a year older… what kind of water does Russia have??!?" Kim Jong-kook barked.

 

The others laughed and Jeri smacked Jun on the arm when he began bouncing on the balls of his feet in impatience.

 

"Jun-ssi are you dancing for us over there??" Jae-suk laughed.

 

"No I'm turning into a popsicle," he whined, rubbing his hands together.

 

"I told you to wear a coat twit…" Jeri muttered, earning a glare from her brother.

 

They soon moved into the building, Harii falling back to walk beside Jeri when he noticed she was zoning out a little.

 

"What's caught your fancy?" he teased.

 

"Is that seriously who I think it is?" she whispered back, nodding over to the youngest looking host.

 

Harii laughed and looked back down at her. "If you mean is that Gu Yong-ha from Sungkyunkwan Scandal then yes, that's his actor."

 

Jeri's face instantly inherited a grin and she clapped making him laugh.

 

"Do you remember his name?" he teased.

 

"J…..Jonghi??" she tested, biting her lip nervously.

 

"Song Joong-ki," Harii laughed. "But that was kind of close."

 

Jeri grinned and the two stood next to the group when they stopped and faced the camera.

 

"We will be splitting the teams up by birth year," the PD began, the others giving him confused look. "If your year is an odd number, you are team one, if it's an even number, you're team two."

 

The group split, ending in Jun, Haha, Kwang-soo, Ji-hyo and Joong-ki on team one and Jeri, Harii, Setiawan, Jae-suk, Suk-jin, Gary and Jong-kook on team two.

 

"Is is alright for the numbers to be uneven?" Harii asked after doing a quick count.

 

"It's all your fault Harii, why couldn't you have been born four months earlier!" Jun teased.

 

"Harii can join team one so that the numbers are even," the PD announced.

 

Team one cheered and the Korean quickly dashed over to the other side, Jun instantly wrapping his arm over the older man's shoulders.

 

"As much as I love having Jun and Harii on our team, I can't help but feel a little nervous," Haha laughed. "It's like the Desperate Team against the King Team."

 

"AH! WAE!!!" Kwang-soo whined, noticing that Jae-suk and Jong-kook were on the opposing team. "And they have Setiawan too!!"

 

"Yah who are you using informal language with!" Setiawan barked, a teasing grin on his face.

 

Kwang-soo's face quickly fell when he remembered that the blond was a year older than him, bowing several times towards him while rambling apology after apology as Jong-kook patted the taller man on the back with a grin.

 

The episode was much like a scavenger hunt; the team who found the items the fastest with the given clues would have an advantage during the race at the end of the show. It seemed to be a neck and neck race as the teams each had their easy streaks and brain busters. Sure enough, the teams were down to the last clue.

 

"Ah! There it is!" Harii called out, pointing to a yellow envelope on a low balcony.

 

He turned towards his VJ and motioned for him to follow while dashing over to the balcony. Harii's head swung around however when heavy footsteps were heard down the hall, letting out a yelp when he noticed the Commander dashing towards him.

 

Before the much larger man could reach him however, he was jumped on from the back, Jong-kook falling to the floor in surprise as Jun tried to put him into a type of hold.

 

"Ya!! You punk!!" Jong-Kook roared, trying to reach back to get the younger boy off.

 

"Harii grab it!!" Jun yelped, Jong-kook slowly prying his arms off from around his shoulders.

 

The Korean nodded and jumped up, snatching the envelope and dashing down the hall, Jun right behind him after evading the Commander's hand grabbing at his ankle.

 

"Aish… that kid…" Jong-kook sighed as the younger duo dashed away, him still on the floor. "He's got a twig like stature but he's actually strong…"

 

Jun and Harii came to a slow stop, their VJs right behind them.

 

"Ahaha, Junnie I can't believe you just barrelled into him like that," Harii laughed, brushing his fringe out of his face.

 

"Yeah I'm probably gonna die during the race now though," Jun laughed, hands on his knees as he tried to catch his breath.

 

Harii chuckled and opened the envelope, turning it so that his VJ's camera could zoom in on it.

 

"Where everything began is where it will all end," he read as Jun straightened.

 

"What…??" he sighed.

 

"Where everything began… beginnings...? Starting poi-STARTING POINT!! We have to go to the lobby!!"

 

"Ya! Harii do you mind!?!" Jun barked as the Korean dashed down the hall. "Aish…"

 

As Harii sprang down the stairs to the lobby Jun casually walked down the hall, hands in his pockets. Sure enough, by the time he was standing in the staircase, his VJ relayed that Harii had gotten to the lobby successfully.

 

"That's a good thing… because we're gonna need all the help we can get if we're going up against the others," Jun laughed as he strode down the.

 

The teams all gathered in the lobby, Harii holding a blue box in his arms like it was a precious treasure making the others laugh.

 

"Harii-ssi, did you make a new friend? You're holding it like you don't want to let go," Jae-suk laughed, watching the younger man.

 

Harii simply pouted and held it tighter making the others chuckle.

 

"If Harii-ssi would open the box now, your team's advantage will be revealed," The PD spoke.

 

Harii opened the box and inside were six bandanas.

 

"Calling the fashion police?" Jun laughed, taking one of the bandanas out.

 

"When your team members wear these, it will act as a second chance. You can have your nametag ripped off, but as long as you still have the bandana you will not be out," The PD explained.

 

"So it acts as a second nametag?? Woa~" Kwang-soo gaped, quickly taking a bandana as well as the others.

 

"I just realized something… does that mean we're the ones who are running?" Jun asked.

 

When the staff nodded Jun laughed. "Ahaha, Jeri loved Sungkyunkwan Scandal so it's going to be like her chasing after Oppa~!" he teased.

 

"Ya! Do you want to die!?!" Jeri barked. "I'm getting you out first!!"

 

The others laughed as Joong-ki laughed in embarrassment, giving her a nod in thanks.

 

"Please go to your designated starting points and wait for the bell," The PD announced.

 

The teams split up, each person's VJ following right behind them.

 

"The team will be easy to catch, especially Kwang-soo and Haha. Ji-hyo and Joong-ki will be a tiny bit more challenging. What about Jun and Harii?" Suk-jin asked as their team went towards their starting point.

 

"Harii is really fast, like really fast, he can outrun Setiawan," Jeri claimed, thumbing towards the leader.

 

"BWOH!?! How can he outrun Setiawan!?" Gary sputtered.

 

"He's not human," Setiawan laughed.

 

"So Harii's fast, what about Jun?" Jae-suk asked, turning towards the girl.

 

"Jun's not very fast, he's strong though, nothing compared to Jong-kook though," she claimed.

 

The others nodded and waited for the bell to ring.

 

-=-

 

"It's brother against sister," Ji-hyo chuckled, looking over at Jun. "Will you be able to handle it?"

 

"Jun runs away from Jeri on a daily basis; he'll be fine," Harii teased.

 

Jun spun to glare at the Korean and smack him on the shoulder making the others laugh.

 

"So what are they like? We already know everything about Jae-suk-hyung, Jong-kook-hyung, Suk-jin-hyung and Gary-hyung…" Joong-ki claimed.

 

"Setiawan's obviously fast; although Harii can outrun him," Jun laughed, thumbing towards his band mate. The others gave him baffled looks making him chuckle but continue. "He's fast but he sticks out like a sore thumb because of his height and his hair, so you'll probably see him before you hear him."

 

"What about Jeri?" Haha asked.

 

"Jeri's not that fast, but she's insanely persistent; she'll chase you down until one of you faints," Harii chuckled.

 

The others exchanged worried looks and tightened their bandanas around their various body parts, waiting until the bell rung signaling the start of the race.

 

Sure enough, the bell rang and the teams split up as the timer began, Jeri walking with Jong-kook.

 

"Who do you think we'll catch first?" Jeri asked with a laugh.

 

"Probably Kwang-soo," Jong-kook laughed.

 

Jeri stopped mid step and spun to look down the hall they'd just passed. She locked eyes with Harii, the Korean freezing for two seconds before turning tail and dashing away with his VJ.

 

"YA!! CHOI HYUN-KI!!" Jeri roared, running after him.


“AISH YOU BRAT! OPPA! CHOI HYUN-KI OPPA!!” Harii barked back without looking behind him.
 

Harii continued to speed down the halls with both Jeri and Jong-kook right behind him. He took a sharp turn and continued running, but when Jeri tried to follow after him, her foot slipped and she tumbled to the ground.

 

"Yah! Yah, Jeri-ah!" Jong-kook laughed as he came to a halt beside her.

 

"Aish! So embarrassing!" Jeri whined with a laugh.

 

The Commander helped her to her feet and she brushed herself off. "Jun'll never let me live this down," Jeri sighed.

 

The man laughed and patted her on the shoulder as they began walking down the hall once again. The two ended up separating and Jeri continued down the hall on her own, her bell ringing with each of her steps.

 

Kwang-soo and Haha were soon caught, as per Jong-kook's prediction as Jeri continued to wander through the halls. She suddenly heard hurried steps dash away around the next corner, dashing after them and grinning.

 

"Gu Yong-ha!" she called out, chasing after him.

 

"Never!!" Joong-ki laughed, running away from her with all his might.

 

After dashing through several halls, the man spun around a corner with Jeri only ten feet behind him.

 

"Like a mouse!!" she laughed, noticing he had cornered himself.

 

"You've got to be kidding me!" the actor whined, giving her a defeated smile.

 

The girl continued forward with a joyful smile, Joong-ki backing away from her with his hands out.

 

"Jeri-ah! Jeri-ah!!" he laughed as she came closer.

 

Jeri dashed forward and managed to catch him by the hem of his shirt when he tried to escape. He went to rip his name tag off only to notice that it was already gone, her hand instantly ripping the bandana off of his arm instead.

 

Joong-ki groaned and slumped to the floor in defeat, his elimination being announced over the PA.

 

"Ya, Oppa… you need to exercise more," Jeri laughed, noticing he was panting heavily.

 

"Hush you," he laughed, shooing her away lazily.

 

Jeri laughed and patting his head as she walked around him back into the hall. As soon as she stepped out into the hall, blue clashed with blue.

 

"YOU'VE GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!!"

 

"JUN YOU'RE MINE!!!" Jeri roared, dashing after her brother.

 

"WHY IS IT ALWAYS ME!?!" he yelped, running at full speed.

 

The siblings sped through the halls, Jeri grinning when she noticed Jun's speed was slowly decreasing. When he was just about to turn a corner, she pushed her feet harder and tackled him to the ground.

 

"No! You may be faster but you are not stronger!!" Jun barked, quickly spinning around to try and wrestle her off of him.

 

Jeri squealed when he slowly begin to push her off and kicked her feet to try and gain some sort of leverage.

 

"You are not winning on national television!" Jeri barked, fighting against his hold on her wrists.

 

She ducked her head down and bit his fingers, Jun releasing a mix between a cry and laugh of pain.

 

"Aish you brat!! Stop biting me!!!" he howled, trying to get her fangs off of his fingers.

 

Using the distraction, Jeri lifted herself and put all of her weight onto her arms so that her hand was closer to his head. With a final push, her fingers wrapped around the bandana around his forehead and yanked it off.

 

Jun groaned and pushed her off and rolled over onto his stomach with a sigh of defeat as his elimination was announced.

 

"I hope you've had your rabies shot you hound," Jun grumbled, massaging his indented appendages.

 

Jeri chuckled and patted him on his lower back while trying to catch her breath.

 

"I've lost track… who's out?" she laughed, trying to remember who'd been announced.

 

"Kwang-soo, Haha, Joong-ki and now me," Jun chuckled, not moving from his spot on the floor.

 

"So it comes down to Ji-hyo and Harii," Jeri snickered.

 

"I hope you lose," Jun grumbled, still face-down on the floor.

 

Jeri laughed and smacked him on the shoulder before standing and walking down the hall, Jun's VJ squatting down next to him with a snicker as he continued to grumble.

 

-=-

 

'Jun, out. Jun, out.'

 

"Bwoh! Jun's out?? I would have thought he'd be one of the last ones!" Harii gawked. "So it's just Noona and myself left? Aish…"

 

The Korean continued down the hall with his VJ right beside him. Unlike his other teammates, Harii had both his nametag and bandana left, having managed to outrun everyone who found him, although Yooruis Willis gave him quite a struggle.

 

"Jun must have been found by Jeri… that's the only person I can think of to take him out so fast… either that or Jong-kook hyung…" Harii rambled with a chuckle. "Aish that kid… I'm going to scold him when we get back to the dorms."

 

Harii suddenly froze and ducked behind the corner he had just passed, quickly motioning for his VJ to do the same.

 

"Setty-hyung!" he whispered with a look of slight panic.

 

The VJ shifted the camera around the corner and sure enough, the blond was coming down the hall, his lumbering form instantly noticeable although his bell couldn't be heard.

 

"Of all the people who find me now it has to be him!" he whined. "Hyung's the only one who can match me in speed…"

 

Setiawan's walkie talkie suddenly burst to life and he slowed to take it off of his pants and speak into it. Taking the chance, Harii bolted out from his hiding place and dashed down the hall, Setiawan instantly letting out a surprised yell and running after him.

 

The two dashed down the halls, Suk-jin at one point joining the chase but having to stop when he tired. Lacking the stamina and long strides the leader had, Harii eventually slowed enough for Setiawan to snatch him in a tight hold.

 

"Hyung don't do this!" Harii squeaked as Setiawan kept his arms wrapped around him.

 

Setiawan chuckled and reached back to easily rip Harii's name tag off of his back.

 

Harii quickly escaped the blonde's hold and dashed down the hall, Setiawan reporting into his talkie. The Korean quickly entered a small side room and locked the door after his VJ entered, both panting slightly, Harii more from nerves.

 

"That… was so close… my heart… is about to explode!" Harii panted, his hands on his knees as he tried to catch his breath.

 

'Ji-hyo, out. Ji-hyo, out.'

 

"Noona!!!" Harii whined, slumping down onto the floor with a defeated look. "Now it's just me!"

 

After a couple minutes of catching his breath, Harii emerged from the room, cautiously looking around before fully coming out.

 

"I just have to survive for ten more minutes," Harii whispered, slinking down the halls. "I can do this! Harii, fighting!"

 

The Korean's small cheering session came to an abrupt end when bells sounded from behind him, spinning around to see the hulking form of the Commander barreling towards him. Giving a very manly squeal, he took off in the other direction at full speed.

 

Dashing around a corner and down the other hall, he had to come to a sudden halt when another bell came around the corner.

 

"Ahaha! I have you now!" Jeri cackled, rolling her hands together with a grin.

 

Finding that his chance was better against Jeri than Jong-kook, he rushed towards the girl and tried to get passed her, but Jeri managed to wrap her arms around his arm and made to sit down, Harii's body leaning at an awkward angle so that he couldn't escape.

 

"Jeri-ah!! Don't be like this!" he begged with a desperate laugh while trying to tug his arm free.

 

Harii's body was suddenly grabbed from behind and lifted off of the ground, the Korean letting out another shriek and he tried to free himself by kicking his legs.

 

"Hyung!!" Harii shouted, trying to pry Jong-kook's mammoth arms off from around his waist.

 

Jeri quickly held onto his flailing legs and ripped off the bandana around his ankle, Harii instantly going limp when it was off.

 

"Harii-ssi, that was daebak," Jong-kook laughed, setting him down on the ground and patting him on the shoulder.

 

Harii placed his hands on his knees and panted with a defeated smile on his face, his named being called over the PA. When he regained his breath, he helped tug Jeri off of the ground and the three walked back down to the lobby.

 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

 

"Today was a very special day for us all, and we're very happy and grateful for you four to have shown up. We were also told during our lunch break by our guests that Harii-ssi will be enlisting for the army soon, and we wish him good health as well as good luck while he is away," Jae-suk claimed, the hosts all nodding along.

 

"Thank you, I'll be sure to return quickly," Harii called, giving the camera a deep bow as Setiawan and Jun patted him on the back.

 

The staff gave him an encouraging cheer as he straightened and quickly rubbed his eyes to stop himself from tearing up, the taller members giving him comforting pats while Jeri shuffled over and hugged his arm.

 
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry I took so long to get back guys, recovery took longer than I thought it would and then to top things off I sprained my ankle falling down a flight of stairs yesterday DX But I wanted to get this chapter out before things got too hectic!

Thank you for subscribing and following along with me as I attempt to bring you an even greater experience with Jeri and the gang~!

Thank you to all subscribers as well as silent readers, and a special thanks to arandomperson, iheartbts, FixRate, DolphinWorld and Arashi93 for upvoting~!