Bonds That Cannot Be Broken

Unrelenting Fortitude

The music continued to play through the speakers of the stereo, Jeri, as usual, leading the dancing while keeping her eyes trained on her fellow members, though they zeroed in on one in particular more often.

 

"NO! BAD GANTU!!" Jeri barked, stopping her dancing and stomping  up to him, smacking his arm. "You are NOT doing The Kukaracha!!"

 

Jun and Harii burst out laughing as the maknae continued her onslaught on the leader, Setiawan chuckling and lifting his arms to try and block her.

 

"Alright guys, practice is over, time to shoot," Seomun called.

 

"How bad are we gonna do?" Harii asked with a laugh as they walked towards the set.

 

"Six feet under is child's play," Jeri groaned.

 

Jun rolled his eyes and refrained from playfully ruffling his sister's hair; the coordis would kill him if he did.

 

Tambourine climbed onto their set and took their positions; Jun in the front, Harii and Setiawan kitty corner behind him and Jeri towards the back.

 

"What are we starting with?" Jeri asked.

 

"Let's try Beautiful Liar first shall we?" the director said.

 

Jeri nodded and motioned for Setiawan and Harii to switch, the two men doing so.

 

The intro began, the four taking their stances, and when the music picked up, they began going through the movements that Jeri had been drilling into their heads. The singing part came on and Jun began lip-syncing, astoundingly managing to keep the beat of his dance while doing so.

 

The song soon ended and Jeri felt very pleased by the outcome. The men had only made a couple mistakes, and even then they had been minuscule compared to others that they've made.

 

"Catch Brat."

 

Jeri's head shot up and quickly caught the bottle of water heading for her face, floundering around for a couple seconds to actually grab it.

 

"So? What says the lead dancer? Is six feet still child's play?" Setiawan asked with a chuckle.

 

"That was one song out of seven, I'm not getting my hopes up," Jeri snipped, sipping her drink.

 

The men rolled their eyes and Jun ruffled her hair making his sister glare at him.

 

The morning and early evening continued as such, getting their dance done and filmed, taking a five minute break while they checked the video, dancing again, etcetera, etcetera.

 

"Junnie, carry meee~!" Jeri whined, sinking down to the floor and leaning against the wall.

 

"You should carry me!" Jun groaned, sliding down beside his sister.

 

"Who's carrying you?"

 

Jeri's eyes shot open and spun to look towards the doors of the dance room, a grin instantly growing onto her face.

 

"HANNIE!!" she cheered, jumping up and dashing over to him.

 

"Yah! What about your brother!" Jun barked after her.

 

Jeri ignored him and hugged the Chinaman as well as his company.

 

"Jeez you'd think you missed us or something," Donghae laughed after she hugged him.

 

"Of course I missed you~! You went to China and left me all alone with that!" she cried, pointing back to her brother.

 

The men snickered as Jun simply pouted as Harii and Setiawan walked over to him. While Jeri and Jun exchanged childish faces towards each other, Hangeng motioned to Zhou Mi.

 

"We brought you souvenirs," Zhou Mi claimed, stepping forward with a bag.

 

Jeri's ears perked and she turned around, giving him and the others confused looks.

 

"Souvenirs? Why'd you do that?" she asked.

 

"Because we wanted to now take the bag!" Kyuhyun barked playfully.

 

"Hannieee, Kyutie's being meeean!" Jeri booed with a pout.

 

Hangeng chuckled but gave Kyuhyun a look, the younger man simply rolling his eyes and watching as Zhou Mi handed Jeri the plastic bag.

 

"Try and figure out what's from who," Siwon challenged with a laugh.

 

Jeri nodded and was about to shuffled through the bag when a thought came to her.

 

"Did you guys come straight here??"

 

"We like you but not that much," Henry laughed. "We went to the dorms for a nap first then came here." he explained.

 

Jeri nodded and motioned for them to follow her, leading them over to the small lounging area and motioning for them to sit. When the men sat, Jeri plopped herself onto Hangeng's lap making the man flinch slightly in shock and the others snicker.

 

"AH! MARIO~!" Jeri cooed, taking out the small plush. "Thank you Zhou Mi~~"

 

"Told you it was a dead giveaway," Donghae laughed as the man pouted.

 

Jeri placed the plushie on her lap and continued to shuffle through the bag. Siwon had gotten her a pretty necklace that made her feel bad about not wearing jewelry, Ryeowook had gotten her a small dog stuffie, Donghae got her a small box of colourful fortune cookies that Kyuhyun had apparently helped him find, Henry got her a tin of Chinese Hershey's Kisses and Hangeng…

 

"What….. is it?" she questioned, flipping the carved wooden box around in her hands.

 

"It's a Chinese puzzle box," he laughed, holding her hands to stop her from flipping it anymore.

 

She turned and gave him a perplexed look making him chuckle. He took the box from her and proceeded the slide the small pieces on it, Jeri as well as the others watching him closely. He flipped the last one and the top popped open to reveal a small photo album making Jeri grin.

 

"You kept saying that you wanted to take our pictures and have a picture with us, well you'll need someplace to keep it right?" Hangeng explained with an embarrassed laugh.

 

"Awww, Hyung's blushing~" Henry teased.

 

"She's not legal yet," Kyuhyun added with a smirk.

 

Jeri's face went scarlet as the others burst out laughing, Hangeng glaring over at the younger man, clearly not impressed with what he was implying. Jeri stood and hugged everyone, thanking them for their presents and they meandered back to the dorms, Jeri tagging along.

 

"I thought Super Junior M only had seven members," Kangin laughed as they walked.

 

"Well if there ever was an eight member It's gotta be me~" she sang, waving her arms in the air with a grin.

 

"A-ha! She does sing!" Kyuhyun teased.

 

"Are you kidding, I'm horrible at singing, I took better care of my Tamagochi…" Jeri muttered with a slight pout.

 

Henry snickered while the rest of them gave her confused looks, Jeri waving it off.

 

"Ya Fried Rice! You should make me some!" Heechul barked from his room.

 

Jeri raised an eyebrow. "Fried Rice? Who's Fried-"

 

Hangeng sighed and walked by her back towards the door, Jeri's mouth forming a silent O in realization. "I'll come with you Hannie~!" she cheered, dashing after him.

 

"Awww~ But Jeri-ah~!" Eunhyuk booed.

 

"Bye guys we'll be back soon~!" she sang, sliding her shoes on and following Hangeng out the door.

 

There was a chorus of understanding and Jeri shut the door, quickly skipping down the hall to catch up to the Chinaman. As he pressed the button for the elevator Jeri grinned.

 

"RACE YOU!"

 

Before Hangeng could object, Jeri dashed over to the stairs and began running down them. Once she hit the lobby, she flew out the door and ran over to stand in front of the elevator door. After a couple seconds, it dinged and slid open, revealing a chuckling Hangeng.

 

"Why do you always take the stairs anyways?" he asked with a laugh, leading her to the back way out.

 

Jeri's face fell slightly but continued to skip beside him, not answering his question. Hangeng looked down at her and saw the familiar look in her eyes.

 

"What's it called?" he sighed sadly.

 

"Claustrophobia. I can't go into small spaces like elevators or I have a fit," she claimed, the smile still on her face.

 

"And… that makes you happy…?"

 

"Of course not silly China boy," she laughed. "I've just come to accept that I'm stuck with it so I don't let it bother me anymore. And it's not like I'm missing anything with it," she explained as the exited the building.

 

Hangeng nodded and chose not to push the topic.

 

The two ventured to the grocery store so that Hangeng could get the needed ingredients for Heechul's fried rice, Jeri wandering around the store behind him, choosing to act as crowd control should the man need it.

 

The small shopping spree went rather quietly, surprising both of the idols and they began the trek home… until Jeri saw the park.

 

"Hannie, Hanniiiieee~ let's go plaaayyy~!" she cheered, pulling on the man's hand with a childish grin.

 

"What are you, four?" Hangeng laughed, allowing her to tug him towards the park.

 

"Only mentally~♪" she sang, dashing over to the swings.

 

Hangeng chuckled and followed after her as she sat down. Jeri swung her feet and slowly climbed on the swing, a giant smile on her face.

 

"Push me, push me!" she cheered, noticing Hangeng was simply watching her.

 

"Are you sure you're not four?" he asked again with a laugh.

 

"If I say I am will you push me?" she grinned.

 

Hangeng rolled his eyes but moved behind her, giving her a firm push making her cheer.

 

"It's like I'm a father," he laughed, continuing to push her.

 

"Higher Appa, higher!" she cheered, changing her voice to sound like a toddler.

 

Hangeng laughed and gave her another firm push. Jeri smirked and pushed off of the swing, managing to make a wobbly landing on the dirt.

 

"A-ha! I've still got it!" she cheered with a grin.

 

Hangeng chuckled as she turned back to him. He motioned for her to follow him and she dashed back to his side, the two heading back to the dorms.

 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

 

"For the love of Pete, please drive safely!" Jeri called out.

 

"We will!"

 

"See you Jeri!"

 

The men left the dorm and Jeri sighed, turning back to the living room.

 

"And then there were two," she laughed walking over to the form on the floor.

 

"One and a half; I'm not all here currently," Henry laughed, not moving from his spot on the floor.

 

Jeri chuckled and sat by his hip on the floor, her back against the couch.

 

"So tell me something."

 

Jeri turned her head so she was looking down at the boy.

 

"I heard you only call the other guys by some nickname you made for them rather than their actual name…"

 

Jeri nodded, not understanding what he was getting at.

 

"So what you have a nickname or something?" Henry asked with a laugh.

 

"It is not a !" Jeri barked, sounding appalled at the very idea. "I'm giving everyone nicknames because I don't like honorifics; do you have any idea how many Oppas I would have if I used them?"

 

Henry raised an eyebrow but didn't push it. "So Hangeng is Honey-"

 

"No! Hangeng is Hannie," Jeri corrected with a finger in the air.

 

"Forgive me, Hannie," he emphasised with a laugh. "Who else?"

 

Jeri placed her finger on her chin in thought. "Leeteuk is George-"

 

"Wait, what?" Henry interrupted with a laugh.

 

"Well everyone calls him Teukie, and it sounds like Tookie from George of the Jungle," Jeri explained with a laugh.

 

Henry nodded with a chuckle. "OK, how about you list of the nicknames and the reason," he said, stretching out further on the floor.

 

Jeri laughed and nodded. "OK, so Heechul is Itchy because I thought that's what Leeteuk called him, Eunhyuk is Smiles which is kinda self explanatory, Siwon is Simon because of how it's spelled in English, Sungmin is Mickey because everyone calls him Sungminnie and Minnie is Mickey's wife, Kangin is Tank because he's built like one, Kibum is Kirby because he's full of hot air and he blushes easily, I couldn't think of anything for Ryeowook so I'm plagiarising and calling him Wookie and Kyuhyun is Kyutie."

 

"What's my nickname?" Henry asked with a grin.

 

"But you're English, I don't need to give you a nickname…" Jeri claimed, looking slightly confused.

 

Henry pouted making Jeri laugh and raise her eyes to the ceiling. "Hmmmm. Well, you're originally from Canada right?"

 

Henry nodded and Jeri continued to think. After a couple seconds she smiled and looked down at him.

 

"Pancake!"

 

The boy burst out laughing, rolling onto his stomach and burying his head in his arms while Jeri chuckled.

 

"Pancake??" he asked after he managed to calm down.

 

Jeri nodded. "One of the first things that pops into my head when I think of Canada is maple syrup, and you put that on pancakes~♪" she sang with a grin.

 

Henry laughed again and sat up from the floor and turned to look at her. "Well, how about Pancake helps you find nicknames for the other members," he offered.

 

Jeri cocked her head to the side in slight confusion. "And how is Pancake gonna do that?"

 

Henry snickered and stood from the floor, retreating into Ryeowook and Yesung's room, coming back out with a piece of paper. "Well, let's start with a list."

 

Jeri laughed, remembering she had already started a list and then promptly lost it a couple weeks ago. Henry sat beside her and began drawing out a table, Jeri watching over his shoulder.

 

"So you're missing Shindong, Yesung, Donghae and Zhou Mi," he reported after making the table and writing out the nicknames.

 

"Wait!" Henry turned to Jeri at her outburst to see she was racking her brain for something. "Oh crap how do you say it??"

 

"Say what?" Henry asked, wondering where her mind was getting to.

 

"T… Tuǐ …?" she tried.

 

Henry snorted in an attempt to stop him from bursting into laughter again.

 

"Did I get it wrong?" Jeri asked, a little concerned.

 

"No you got it right… as long as you're trying to say ‘legs’ in Chinese," Henry laughed.

 

"The guys' are only beat by Setiawan and he's a friggin monstrosity!" Jeri laughed, flailing her arms over her head.

 

Henry chuckled and wrote down "Tuǐ" next to Zhou Mi's name. "Alright, what about Donghae?" he asked, looking over to her.

 

"Uuuummmm… Donghae mean East Sea right?" Henry nodded. "And everyone already calls him Fishy-NEMO!"

 

Henry laughed. "You're gonna call him Nemo??"

 

"Yeah and it's perfect! His nickname is Fishy, he hates being alone, he's adorable and when he whines he sounds just like him!" Jeri listed off, her grin growing with each fact.

 

Henry's face fell in thought then burst out laughing. "Oh wow, it's true!"

 

Jeri grinned and stole the pen from him and wrote "Nemo" next to Donghae's name. Henry looked over the list again and pointed to Shindong's name.

 

"This hyung next, just because I wanna see what you come up with," he laughed.

 

Jeri stuck her tongue out at him and Henry rose an eyebrow in mild entertainment.

 

"The bus?" he reminded.

 

"My brother?" she grinned.

 

Henry's face went pink remembering the elder Isami barking at him in front of everyone making Jeri laugh and pat his knee. She turned back to the paper and stared at Shindong's name.

 

"How do you say Cookie?" she asked, looking at her fellow teen.

 

"Cookie? In what, Korean?" Jeri nodded. "You've been here longer than I have why are you asking me?" Henry laughed.

 

Jeri pouted making Henry smile slightly and raise his eyes to the ceiling in thought. "I don't think there really is a translation for it, I think it's just pronounced in dialect," he claimed.

 

Henry took the pen from Jeri and attempted to write the word out, his tongue sticking out of the corner of his mouth in concentration making Jeri snicker. When he was finished he cocked his head to the side with a raised eyebrow.

 

"I think that's how it's written…"

 

Jeri bent over to look at it and shrugged. "We have an excuse if it's not," she laughed.

 

"So… why Cookie?" Henry asked.

 

"Because he's sweet and round~!" she cooed, bouncing on her knees with a smile.

 

Henry laughed and looked back to the list. "Last but not least, Yesung-hyung."

 

Jeri sighed and flopped back onto the floor making Henry raise an eyebrow.

 

"No ideas?" he guessed with a chuckle.

 

"Not one!" she whined. "I don't really talk to Yesung much! I mean it's not like we're awkward with each other or something… we just… don't talk…"

 

"Maybe you should call him Chatty," Henry laughed, placing his chin on his palm and watching her.

 

Jeri snorted and rolled her eyes, continuing to stare at the ceiling.

 

The two sat on the floor in silence for nearly ten minutes, both racking their brains for a possible nickname for Yesung when the door opened.

 

"I'm back…"

 

Jeri was instantly off of the floor and dashing into the foyer. "KYUTIE~!" she cheered quickly hugging the man around the waist. "You came back to mee~!"

 

Kyuhyun gave the girl a perplexed look, then shifted his gaze over to Henry. "Is she drunk??"

 

Henry burst into laughter as Jeri huffed and smacked his arm with a pout. "What, I'm not allowed to miss my fellow maknae- wait, Henry what year were you born??"

 

"1989…" he replied, not sure where this was going.

 

"So you're the maknae now?" she asked with a slight laugh.

 

"I'm not in Super Junior remember? Just in Super Jun-"

 

"I will throw a chair at you!" she threatened, marching over to him and poking his forehead. "You are a member of Super Junior and I love you so stop feeding the trolls!"

 

Henry cracked a smile and nodded while Kyuhyun gave the two baffled looks.

 

"I didn't know you two were dating…"

 

The teens swung around to look at him, giving him equally baffled looks.

 

"Wait, what?? We're not dating!!" they chorused.

 

"But Jeri just said she loved you…" Kyuhyun said, sounding more confused.

 

"I love him like I love pancakes!" Jeri claimed, thumping her hand over her heart with a grin making Henry snicker. "And what does it matter? I love you too…"

 

Kyuhyun's face went slightly pink and the two teens chuckled.

 

"He's Korean remember," Henry reminded, elbowing her slightly in the side.

 

Jeri nodded. "Love you… liiiiiikkkeeee…" she attempted to find the correct words without sounding weird or heaven forbid a Sasaeng. Her eyes widened and she smiled. "A platonic best friend. It's more of a loyalty and friendship love that a heart and soul love,"

 

Kyuhyun nodded in understanding and walked over into his room, no doubt to play on his laptop. Henry looked down at his watch and sighed.

 

"I have to go, Zhou Mi and I are supposed to go on a show in an hour…" he claimed, looking down at the girl.

 

Jeri nodded and watching him gather his things, and leave. Looking over to the clock on the wall, she pouted; it was still "early" and she was all but alone in the dor-

 

Jeri grinned and skipped back to Kyuhyun and Sungmin's room. Opening the door and poking her head in, she quickly caught sight of the man at his desk.

 

"KYUTIE KYUTIE KYUTIE~~~♪♪!" she sang, hopping over to him and hugging his head.

 

"Yah! I can't see Jeri, leggo!" he barked, trying to pry her arms away from his eyes.

 

"But Kyutie I want to plaaaaaayyyy~!" she whined childishly, rubbing her cheek against the top of his head. "And not Star Craft," she added with a deadpan.

 

Kyuhyun sighed and paused his game, managing to get Jeri's arms off of him. "Fine, fine."

 

Jeri clapped and hopped out of his room, Kyuhyun standing from his chair to follow after her. Just as she exited the room, Kyuhyun closed the door.

 

"YA! KYUHYUUUUUNNN~~!" she whined, trying to open the door only to find it locked. "You said you'd play with me!"


When she didn't get a reply Jeri pouted, crossing her arms over her chest. "Fine, I didn't want to play with you anyways," she grumbled, stomping away from the door.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I'm gonna try to post one more chapter tonight after this one guys, again, I'm so sorry for making you wait for so long OTL

Thank you for subscribing and following along with me as I attempt to bring you an even greater experience with Jeri and the gang~! Also guys, I'm not sure if you've seen it or not, but be sure to give me feedback on what I posted for the first "chapter", if you guys aren't interested then tell me and I won't do it, but I don't know how to interpret silence XD

Thank you to all subscribers as well as silent readers, and a special thanks to arandomperson and iheartbts for upvoting~!