It's the Idol Life, For Me

Unrelenting Fortitude

"ONE TWO THREE ON JUN!!" Harii shouted with a laugh.

 

"GOD DAMN!!"

 

Jeri laughed from her spot in the tree, watching as Harii pulled Jun around like a kindergartener as he tried to find her and their blond leader.

 

Bored out of their minds and not having anything better to do, Tambourine had ventured to a nearby park and upon Jeri belting out "HIDE AND SEEK HARII'S IT!" the three dashed off in different directions and Harii laughed and began spinning in circles. From her vantage point in the tree, she could see Setiawan hiding in one not that far from her, but his long blond hair coupled with his bright blue sweater made him stick out like a sore thumb.

 

"ONE TWO THREE ON SETTI-HYUNG!!"

 

Jeri snickered and continued to stretch out on her branch. Feeling her pocket vibrate, she pulled out her phone, smiling when she saw who was calling her.

 

"Hi Pancake," she greeted in a hushed tone.

 

"....Why are you whispering??"

 

"We're playing hide and seek and I'm the last one," she explained, swinging her foot slightly as Harii walked under her tree.

 

"So you're winning?" Henry laughed.

 

"As long as they don't find me I will," she agreed.

 

"Anyways, we were wondering if you wanted to come to headquarters for a visit, there’s a special someone here we'd like you to meet," he explained.

 

"WHat, like a friend?? Sure, I can come over. I'm kinda stuck in a tree right now soooooo how about in about half an hour?"

 

"Sure, should we call the fire department?" Henry laughed.

 

"Nah, I'll just land on Jun when he walks by."

 

Henry laughed again, bid her farewell and both sides hung up, Jeri still lounging in her tree.

 

"Yah, Jun where is she??" Harii whined.

 

"Knowing Jeri she probably went home…" he replied.

 

Jeri quickly opened her phone and texted him with a smirk. 'Yah pabo! I didn't go home! I can see you right now! Come find me I have a date.'

 

A couple seconds later she watched as Jun pulled out his phone and read the text, his eyes widening. "DATE!? WHY DO YOU HAVE A DATE!?! JERICHO ISAMI!!!!!!"

 

She had to stop herself from laughing as Jun stormed around the park now dead set on finding her as Harii and Setiawan watched with raised eyebrows. He finally came over to her tree and looked up into it, the teen not moving a muscle. Jun growled and pulled out his phone, Jeri's vibrating a couple seconds later. She slowly pulled it out to see that he was calling her. She smirked and stretched her arm out, dropping her phone right on top of his head.

 

"OI!!" Jun yelped, jumping back and rubbing his head.

 

"That's the literal definition of call collect," Jeri laughed, climbing out of the three.

 

"What's this about you having a date!!" Jun barked, running up and shaking her shoulders.

 

"Henry called and asked me to go over to headquarters to meet a friend of theirs. I said I'd head over after I won. I won, so I'm off," she said, fixing her shirt and walking around her brother.

 

Jun simply gawked at her as Harii and Setiawan gave her a wave as she left the park.

 

It was April now, the snow having long since melted and flowers were popping up everywhere. To Jeri's knowledge, Super Junior was going to be coming out with another album soon and she was excited for them.
 

Jeri walked up the small steps and entered SM's building, nodding a hello to the man at the front desk, then navigating her way to the room where Super Junior usually danced. She poked her head in and saw the large group patting their faces with towels and drinking from water bottles.

 

"Working hard or hardly working?" she announced, opening the door more.


"Jeri!" Leeteuk cheered, waving her further into the room.

“Oh god, not you again,” a familiar voice teased.

Jeri swung around to look over at the glass wall and gave the older man a glare. “Shut up Nick, I’m not here to see you!”

The men all let out a small round of laughter as Nick turned back to the wall and continued to help Eunhyuk, Donghae and Shindong with their choreography

“Ew, wait, was Nick supposed to be the special someone Pancake told me about? Gag me…” Jeri scoffed.

“Rude!” the choreographer barked back with a laugh.

“Nick-hyung is his own special flower, but he’s not the one I was talking about,” Henry’s voice suddenly sounded.

Jeri turned around to ask why he’d left when he knew she was coming, only for her jaw to almost hit the floor.

“Jeri, this is-”

“Rino Nakasone!!” Jeri squealed, clasping her hands together and jumping on her feet. “I can’t believe I’m finally meeting you! I’m a HUGE fan you don’t even have any idea!”

Rino laughed at the younger girl’s words and gave her a smile. “Aww, I’m touched. I’ve seen you and your boys around SM, but I’ve never had the pleasure of meeting any of you.”

“Unnie please come and choreograph for us!” Jeri begged, grasping the woman’s hand in her own and giving her a desperate look. “There’s so much testosterone that I’m afraid I’ll grow a beard!!”

“Ya, did you just use honorifics??” Kyuhyun gawked, having been nearby.

“Oh sure, when it’s us she’s like the devil incarnate, but when it’s Rino she’s suddenly a saint,” Heechul scoffed.

“I am not a saint,” Jeri huffed, turning and giving the drama king a pout. “I’m closer to a bishop… or maybe a cardinal~”

The group burst into a small round of laughter at the girl's words while a few of them simply rolled their eyes.

“I would love to come and choreograph for you guys one day,” Rino smiled, placing her hand on top of Jeri’s.

The girl couldn’t help but beam and jump on her toes slightly causing a few chuckles to sound through the practise room.

“Well I have to go, I’ll hopefully see you later Jeri-ah,” Rino bid, giving her and the others a small bow and a wave as they bid her farewell.

After Rino left, Jeri stayed along the back wall with Henry as the others practised their dancing for their new album, Bonamana.

“What is it with boy band choreography and pelvic movements? Are they constantly trying to compensate or something?” Jeri suddenly asked.

Henry let out a snort as he attempted to hold back his laughter, especially when he noticed Jeri’s serious expression.

“So what, you’re saying that the one who does it the most has the smallest wee?” Henry snickered, keeping his voice down so the others wouldn’t hear him.

“Well if you think about it, the guys with the biggest wee would find it awkward to do all those hip movements because they’d be swinging all over the place, so it makes sense that the ones with more “freedom” take advantage of it,” Jeri hypothesized, her chin resting in her palm as she stared absentmindedly at the wall.

“Alright, then who has the smallest wee?” Henry dared to ask with a laugh.

“I’m excluding Smiles because he’s just passionate and the lead dancer…” Jeri paused for a second to turn her eyes towards their dancing again, seeming to concentrate on all of their movements. “Am I going to hell?”

“Why do you think it’s Siwon?” Henry asked with a snicker.

Jeri nodded causing Henry to clap his hands over his mouth in a vain attempt to stop himself from bursting out into laughter.

“Though I think Kyutie is a close second because he says weiner,” Jeri snickered.

“He’s trying to say winner though,” Henry chuckled.

“He still says weiner…”

Henry laughed and patted the girl on the shoulder as the song finally came to an end.

“Alright, what are you two giggling at over there?” Leeteuk laughed, instantly turning and giving the two maknaes a scolding look.

“Jeri said-”

“Jeri said nothing!” the girl barked, quickly slapping her hand over her friend’s mouth and giving him a glare.

The others, instantly knowing that the two were more than likely up to no good, simply rolled their eyes and continued with their dance practice.

As the guys ran through the dance again, the door to the practise room opened causing Jeri and Henry to turn and look.

“Ah, hyung you’re late,” Henry greeted quietly.

Kangin nodded in greeting, though his small smile turned into a grin when he noticed Jeri sitting on the Canadian’s other side.

“Awww, I was hoping you were Tui…” Jeri teased, sticking her tongue out at him.

“Ya you…”

The two maknaes laughed as the man quietly walked over and sat on Henry’s other side.

“Why aren’t you dancing with them?” Jeri asked, sounding genuinely curious.

Kangin gave a deep sigh as Henry nudged her in the side, silently telling her she wasn’t supposed to mention it.

“I’ve… been getting myself into a bit of trouble recently-”

“You mean the bar fight? I thought that was self defence and they ruled in your favour?” Jeri claimed.

“Well there was the DUI…”

“Yeah, you got your suspension and your fine, but you followed it and paid it right?” Jeri asked, sounding more and more confused.

“Yeah, well because of all of that the company’s kinda been keeping me away from the limelight. They don’t want any of it to backlash on any of the others,” Kangin explained, nodding his head towards the dancing members.

Jeri simply pouted and crossed her arms across her chest causing the man to chuckle and reach around Henry to pat her on the head.

“You owned up to your mistakes, I don’t understand why they’re still making such a big deal out of it…”

“You also have to take into consideration the people who don’t let these things go easily though,” Henry interjected. “Some antis may try to use it against Kangin-hyung or the group as a whole, or people who were always a little skeptical or even the older generation may see it as celebrity treatment.”

Jeri simply blew a raspberry but didn’t comment, understanding that sometimes being famous wasn’t as lavish as people thought.

The three continued to watch and comment on the dance moves that Nick was trying to help the others with, Kangin silently sulking as he watched.

“Kyutie! Don’t make me get my squirt bottle!” Jeri barked.

The man turned and gave her a confused look as some of the others laughed.

“Isn’t that how you’ve started “disciplining” the guys?” Yesung laughed.

“Damn straight, every time they make a mistake they get squirted, and I don’t let them turn off the air con,” Jeri huffed, crossing her arms across her chest and raising her nose in the air.

“Just spit at him,” Kangin laughed, nodding in Kyuhyun’s direction.

“Eww, I’m not wasting my precious saliva on you guys,” Jeri scoffed, scrunching her nose in mock disgust.

“Aww, not even if we want a kiss?” Kangin booed.

“Bleg,” Jeri gagged.

“Why are you grossed, out, you kissed Sungmin-ah,” Kangin laughed.

“You kissed Sungmin!?!” Henry squeaked, his eyes nearly bulging out of his head at the new information.

“That was different! And had you been here before I went to go get my tattoo Pancake then I may have given you a kiss too,” Jeri huffed, rolling her eyes at the dramatics.

Henry’s cheeks went pink and Kangin let out a loud round of laughter.

“Well how about giving him a kiss now then, since he seems to upset about missing his chance,” the older man hinted.

Henry spun around to give the older man a horrified look while Jeri raised her eyebrow at his words. “I never took you for the type to enjoy voyeurism, Tank.”

This time it was Kangin’s cheeks that went pink as Henry and Jeri burst into a fit of laughter.

“Y-ya! That’s not something to joke about!” Kangin barked.


___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I'm SO sorry this chapter is late guys, I've been trying to keep up with updates, but for the life of me I couldn't get any ideas for the second half of this filler chapter! BUT! It's out now and I have the next few chapters all planned out so I should be back on track for updates being every Wednesday like usual.

Thank you for subscribing and following along with me as I attempt to bring you an even greater experience with Jeri and the gang~!

Thank you to all subscribers as well as silent readers, and a special thanks to arandomperson, iheartbts, FixRate and DolphinWorld for upvoting~!