Aftermath of a Warrior

Unrelenting Fortitude

Word quickly spread about the break-in at Tambourine’s dorm. The two girls were taken away by the authorities after making sure that all of their pockets and hands were empty(and after hearing what they did to his sister Jun may have destroyed their phones...)

The news was soon on the television the next morning and all of the SM parties were sure to drop by and make sure that the four, mainly Jeri, were alright. Setiawan and Harii were mostly acting as damage control, Jun not capable to appearing calm at that point in time and Jeri simply being too exhausted.

When the leader and lead vocalist returned to their practise room after speaking to Lee Sooman about the incident, they found Jun by the front door with his arms crossed over his chest with a small pout. Walking further into the room, they found that the vast majority of the SNSD girls were sitting on the floor, flocked around Jeri who was sitting on the couch off to the side, Tiffany on her one side while Taeyeon was on her other.

"Do we want to know?" Setiawan tested, looking over at Jun with a raised eyebrow.

 

"The baby got hurt so naturally all of the girl's want to dote on it," Jun muttered with a pout.

 

"You did sleep through it all..." Harii claimed, figuring out why the younger man was so put off.

 

"Well excuse me for not having super hearing like you two," Jun growled, his posture sinking.

 

"And a blow horn," Harii added with a grin.

 

Setiawan patted the smaller man's shoulder and walked into the room to the mass of girls.

 

"Good god it's like Moses parting the Red Sea," Harii gawked, watching all of the girls make way for Setiawan to walk through.

 

Jun snorted and attempted to hide his laughter with a cough as Harii grinned up at him.

“Is your head still hurting?” Setiawan asked, crouching down by Jeri’s knees and looking at her.

Jeri simply nodded as Tiffany gently the back of her head, Taeyeon rubbing her shoulder with a kind smile.

“I don’t understand why you fought going to the hospital so much, they may have really hurt you!” Sooyoung sighed, watching from the floor with the other girls.

“I hate the hospital; it smells…” Jeri whined.

“Well then plug your nose and go!” Sunny huffed.

“They have a point Jeri, we don’t know if there’s any internal damage those girls could have caused, something we can’t see,” Setiawan rationalized. “You’re pain could be an indicator to a larger problem…”

Jeri simply continued to pout before giving a small sight through her nose and raising her arms towards him. “Carry me.”

The SNSD girls all let out a collective round of laughter as well as coos, especially when Setiawan rolled his eyes but complied, picking Jeri’s much smaller form in his arms and walking over to her brother.

“We’re gonna take her to the hospital… just in case.” the blond reported, handing Jeri to her brother.

Jun and Harii both nodded as Setiawan lead the way out, Jeri eyes having slipped closed and her breathing becoming steady.

Seomun begrudgingly agreed to let all four of them go to the hospital rather than him just taking Jeri; his attempt at telling them that they were supposed to release their second single Y Boy in a few weeks not even making them flinch.

The drive to the hospital was silent and the slightest bit tense, Jun keeping his arm around his sister as she continued to sleep, though a particularly unfavourable bump caused her to be jostled awake.

“Alright, we’re here, let’s get this over with,” Seomun sighed, parking the car and climbing out.

“What an …” Jun scoffed, hopping out of the van first and helping his groggy sister out after him. “Are you gonna be ok to walk or do you want me to hike you there myself?”

“If I do have internal damage or something at least let me keep my pride in one piece,” Jeri scoffed, standing straight and marching after Harii and Setiawan.

Jun rolled his eyes and followed after them, keeping a close eye on his sister as she walked, ready to catch her if she wobbled too much on her feet.

When they retold the nurse at the desk what happened, they managed to see a doctor fairly quickly. He did a quick check-up on the girl first before going into a more detailed diagnosis, checking her head and requesting that she have a CT scan to make sure that nothing in her head was rattled around too much during the break-in.

"Is she gonna live?" Jun joked as the doctor came back in.

 

"That's not a very funny question to ask in a hospital, Jun," Setiawan scolded.

 

Harii simply brushed the hair away from Jeri's forehead as she continued to sleep on the bed in the room. The doctor flipped to a different page on his clipboard and read the results.

 

"She’s going to be fine, right?" Seomun both asked and assumed.

 

"She does have a concussion, but it's nothing serious; there's no major swelling of the brain or skull. The main thing for her to do is to rest; get some sleep, no strenuous activities-"

 

"So no dancing," Jun expanded.

 

The doctor nodded and continued.

 

"She needs to stay out of stressful situations and let herself heal, this means no shows, no activities, just some R&R and she'll be better in due time," he finished.

 

"How long is due time?" their manager asked, the three men rolling their eyes.

 

"When she stops falling asleep in the middle of the day; as I've been told it's very unlike her, it will be a sign that she's getting better. But if you're asking me to ball-park it... I'd say about three weeks minimum."

 

"THREE WEEKS?!"

 

"She has a cracked head, did you think she'd be skipping rope in two days?" Jun barked, glaring up at the older man.

 

"Jun, we have to release your single in less than a month and there are show appearances and several more concerts to attend over in Japan! We don't have three weeks," the man argued.

 

"Well, if you wish for Tambourine to remain a four member group, I suggest you make time Seomun-ssi," the doctor shot back, giving the man a glare.

 

He walked over and pulled out a thermometer from his pocket and slid it into Jeri's mouth, telling Harii to keep it still, the younger man complying and holding it in .

 

"This is ridiculous... three weeks..."

 

Seomun muttered and stalked out of the room, pulling his cell phone out of his pocket before the door closed. Jun walked over to the bed and sat by his sister's hip, simply staring out the window as they waited for the doctor to return.

 

After about another hour, the doctor allowed Jeri to be released, the three men giving their solemn word that she would be taken care of. They all loaded themselves into the van and their manager took them to their apartment.

 

As soon as the door to the van was closed, he drove off, Jun rolling his eyes as he lifted his sister higher up onto his back.

 

"I never noticed how much of a diva he’s been until now," Harii muttered, watching the van speed away.

 

The three walked up the stairs and got into their apartment, it still being in slight disarray from the police rummaging around for evidence and the tussle between Jeri and the sasangs.

Rather than dwelling on the chaos within, Jun kicked off his shoes and walked further into the dorm, Harii curiously following after him.

 

Harii poked his head into Jun and Jeri's room to see Jun had taken off the teen's shoes and socks as well as her sweater and tucked her into bed, propping her head up higher with one of his own pillows.

 

"You guys fight so much I think people might have an aneurism seeing you like this with her," Harii joked.

 

"She may be a pain in my the majority of the time, but she's still my baby sister," Jun replied with a smirk.

 

Harii smiled as Jun walked out of the room, closing the door behind him.


“Guys shh!”

Recognizing Setiawan’s scolding tone out in the foyer, Harii and Jun moved to join their blond leader, only to find a set of familiar faces had joined them in their dorm.

“We heard about what happened, but by the time we managed to weasel our way away from our manager you guys had apparently already left for the hospital,” Hangeng explained, keeping his voice down.

“So you guys came here?” Setiawan groaned, pinching the bridge of his nose.

“Originally everyone wanted to come, but Teuki-hyung said that only a couple should go so we don’t cause a scene or attract attention,” Kibum claimed.

Setiawan continue to pinch the bridge of his nose in mild aggravation while Harii gave a small laugh, Jun doing a quick head-count. Hangeng, Sungmin, Kibum and Ryeowook had been the only one to come to the dorm, which he was grateful for as they were the calmer members of the group… usually…

“So what, you guys came to check in and then are heading back?” Harii asked, sounding genuinely curious.

“What, are you guys going to stay here?” Sungmin asked. “I thought you were going to release your single in a few weeks?”

“Well they told us to let Jeri rest, and we can’t just leave her here alone!” Jun barked, motioning back to where their rooms were located.

“I can stay if you’d like,” Hangeng offered, slowly raising his hand. “Just until you guys finish recording.”

Jun’s eyes narrowed at the older man, Harii chuckling and patting the protective brother on the back.

“So long as it’s not interrupting any of your activities Hyung, I don’t think it’d be a problem,” the Korean hummed.

Jun turned to give the vocalist a glare only for Harii to roll his eyes. “Oh Jun stop, Hankyung-hyung won’t endanger Jeri’s virtue.”

Jun sighed through his nose and crossed his arms over his chest but nodded in acceptance. Hangeng too nodded and took his shoes off as everyone moved to depart from the dorms, heading back to SM Headquarters.

Taking off his jacket and hanging it in the closet, Hangeng took his first step into Tambourine’s dorm, realizing that though Jeri had visited their dorms plenty of times, he’d only been as far as doorway. When he got into the living room and noticed the small amount of chaos from the night before, feeling a small amount of panic fill his chest when he thought of Jeri fighting off not one but two attackers.

Though he didn’t know the exact placement of some things, Hangeng did his best to pick up the magazines, remotes, DVDs and such that had been pushed onto the floor, choosing the stack them on the coffee table for the members to sort when they returned.

“Hannie?”

The Chinaman’s head shot up to see a slightly disheveled looking Jeri holding the back of her head and leaning on the wall leading into the bedroom hallway.

“Shouldn’t you be resting?” he laughed, straightening and finally noticing how exhausted and pained she actually looked.

Jeri nodded. “But I’m thirsty…” she croaked.

“I’ll bring you some water, go back to bed,” Hangeng claimed, quickly stopping her from pushing off of the wall.

“Do you even know where we keep our cups?” Jeri snorted, giving him a tired smirk. “I’m not drinking out of your hands.”

“But I just washed them…” Hangeng joked, inspecting his hands.

Jeri rolled her eyes but allowed Hangeng to turn her around and give her a light push back towards her and Jun’s room. “Go, I’ll bring you some water.”

Giving a hum of acceptance, Jeri slowly trudged back towards the bedroom as Hangeng found his way into the kitchen. Rummaging through the cupboards and finally finding a plastic red cup, he filled it with lukewarm water before making his way towards where Jeri had gone.

Poking his head into the first door showed him that it was Setiawan and Harii’s room, so he moved onto the second door. The room was dark, but thanks to the light from the hallway Hangeng caught sight of Jeri sitting up in her bed on the far side, head hanging down towards her chest.

Giving a small chuckle, the Chinaman walked further into the room and placed the cup of water on the bedside table between the two beds. Gently cupping the back of her neck, Hangeng slowly laid Jeri back onto the mattress, pulling the blanket up so that it rested just under her chin. Unable to resist due to the messy nature of the locks, Hangeng gently flattened the girl’s hair down, a soft smile stretching across his lips.

“My tiny and fragile dongsaeng, what is oppa going to do with you, hmm?” he chuckled.

Jeri shifted slightly causing him to back away a little, only for her hand to come out from under the covers and grab the bottom of his shirt.

“Staaayyyy…” she hummed, her eyes remaining closed though her grip was strong.

Hangeng chuckled and shifted the blankets slightly before sitting on the bed by her hip, placing his hand over hers. The moment he did, Jeri’s grip on his shirt moved to his thumb, Hangeng closing his hand around hers as her breathing returned to its steady rhythm.

Time sped by until a few hours later, Jun, Harii and Setiawan re-entered their dorm, having to take a moment when the found it had been cleaned of the clutter on the floor. Not finding the Chinaman in the living room or kitchen, Jun immediately moved towards the bedrooms, Harii squeaking at him to be quiet.

Jun’s anger quickly faded away when he walked into the doorway to his shared room with his sister when he saw the sight on the other side of the room.

Hangeng had apparently drifted off to sleep with his foot propped up on the mattress, elbow on his knee and jaw in his palm, his hand still enclosing Jeri’s as the girl continued to hold his thumb in her slumber.


___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
For being so patient with me, have some HanRi fluff~~

Thank you for subscribing and following along with me as I attempt to bring you an even greater experience with Jeri and the gang~!

Thank you to all subscribers as well as silent readers, and a special thanks to arandomperson and iheartbts for upvoting~!