A Promise to Keep

Unrelenting Fortitude

Jeri tapped her foot impatiently as Jun, Harii and Setiawan watched her with concerned looks. She looked up to the wall clock for probably the 20th time in the last ten minutes and growled slightly.
 

The moment Jun had told her that the SuJu boys were in the car crash, she had demanded that they take her to the hospital so she could see them. Harii stopped her rampage by telling her that they most likely wouldn't be allowed in; hospitals in Korea were run differently than in Ireland.
 

Eunhyuk and Shindong didn't end up having to be sent to the hospital, so she proceeded to dash over to their place and rattle on them about if they were alright. They were a little sore, but only attained minor injuries; it was Leeteuk and Kyuhyun who took the most damage.
 

A honk from outside the doors to their apartment building made Jeri's head shoot up. A car pulled up in front of their apartment and Jeri dashed out to meet it, not even hollering a goodbye to her band mates.
 

"You ready?" Hangeng asked as she slid into the car.
 

Jeri nodded and buckled herself in as he put the car in drive and joined traffic.
 

"Are you sure they'll let us see them?" she asked, looking at the older man.
 

"You're with me and I'm technically family, they should let you in. And if not I'll just smuggle you in under my coat," he laughed, not taking his eyes away from the road.
 

Jeri managed to crack a smile but didn't make any retort. It has been nearly twenty days since the accident, and apparently Leeteuk was well enough to be discharged in a couple days. The moment Hangeng had called to tell her, she demanded that he come over to take her to the hospital, worried for her Georgie.
 

"Jeri."
 

The girl snapped out of her daze to see Hangeng was outside of the car, holding the door open for her. The climbed out and the two walked to the hospital's front entrance. Due to doctors not allowing fans to see the two patients, Super Junior fans and supporters had made a large cluster of flowers and small boxes off to the side of the door.
 

Hangeng lead her into the hospital, Jeri's nose instantly wrinkling at the all too familiar smell of a sterile environment.
 

"C'mon, they're a couple floors up, but we can go and see them," Hangeng reported after talking to the nurse behind the desk.
 

Jeri nodded and followed him, gripping his shirt sleeve nervously.
 

All accidents were bad, but how bad had this one been? Did they break any bones? Were they in any pain-
 

Jeri snickered when she realized she was even worrying about the member who seemed to view her as some sort of deadly allergen.
 

Hangeng lead the way to Leeteuk's room, knocking lightly before entering.
 

"Ah, Hankyung! And Jeri too!" Leeteuk beamed, seeing the two.
 

Seeing the man with his forehead and arms wrapped, some of his stitches showing from beneath the bandages made Jeri's eyes water, Leeteuk apparently noticing this as he reached his arms out towards her with a sad smile. She instantly dashed into his arms and cried her tears of worry.
 

"You Pabo! I thought I told you to be safe!! You said that the worst thing that could happen was your microphone not working!! You terrible liar!!" she wailed.
 

Leeteuk smiled slightly and rested his cheek against the top of her head, brushing his hand up and down her back trying to comfort her.
 

"I'm sorry Jeri, Georgie-Oppa is a liar, can you forgive him?" he asked quietly.
 

Hangeng snorted in laughter and Leeteuk gave him a grin. Jeri shook her head stubbornly against his shoulder and Leeteuk chuckled.
 

After a couple more seconds, Jeri pulled away, wiping her eyes and sniffling.
 

"So who do you feel? Are you in any pain?" Hangeng asked, walking over and offering Jeri a tissue box.
 

The teen took one and walked out of the room to blow her nose. She was about to walk back in when she saw a familiar mass of hair in the next room. She went to open the door when a doctor walked out, clipboard in hand, making Jeri straighten.
 

"I'm sorry miss, but you can't be here, I'm going to have to ask you to leave-"
 

"Sorry, she's with me," Hangeng claimed, placing his hands on the teen's shoulders.
 

The doctor, recognising the idol, nodded and walked away after giving Jeri a scrutinizing look. Jeri looked back to the door, but before she could ask about going in, Hangeng pulled her back into Leeteuk's room.
 

"Did you get lost already?" the leader asked with a laugh.
 

Jeri pouted and crossed her arms over her chest, the two men laughing and Hangeng patting her head.
 

"Did the doctors say when you can leave?" Jeri asked, swatting his hand away from her head.
 

"They said in a couple days. They just want to make sure that I'm alright then they're kicking me out," he laughed.
 

Jeri nodded as Hangeng began telling the older man about what had been happening with the group recently.
 

-=-=-=-
 

Time crawled by and soon it was early-mid May. Leeteuk had been discharged from the hospital on the 30th of April, a couple days after Jeri and Hangeng had gone to visit him.
 

Tambourine was still doing some small shows for Back Row Breakdown as well as Setiawan, Jun and Harii taking part in some reality shows. They had been trying to get Jeri on some, but people apparently didn't really want the unimportant maknae of Tambourine on their show, and honestly, Jeri currently couldn't care less.
 

Leeteuk may have been discharged, but Kyuhyun was still in the hospital. She had gone back a couple times to try and see him, but she was either lead out  by a security guard who didn't recognise her, or someone was already in his room, his mother most of the time, so she would leave her small bundle of flowers in the door handle and leave.
 

Finally wanting to get further than his door, she had dragged Leeteuk with her to the hospital, huffing at the security guard as he watched her walk in. Leeteuk spoke to the nurse behind the desk as Jeri sighed, tapping her foot impatiently. They finally got clearance and they ventured towards Kyuhyun's room. However, when some of the nurses broke their roll and dashed over asking Leeteuk for autographs, Jeri huffed and continued on without him.
 

She got to the boy's door to see it was open the slightest big. She inched the door further open to see Kyuhyun laying in the hospital bed, fluffy hair scattered across the pillow, looking worse for wear.
 

Walking over to stand beside him, she looked over his injuries. They were much worse than Leeteuk's had been, but she, unfortunately, had seen worse. He looked to be in a peaceful and painless sleep for the most part, but an overwhelming sense of guilt still bubbled in the pit of her stomach.
 

"Can I help you?"
 

Jeri swung around to see an older man standing at the door, a suspicious look on his face. She instantly entered a deep bow.
 

"M-My name is Isami Jeri, I'm the youngest member of Tambourine!" she introduced, raising her head slightly. "I was worried about Kyuhyun… so I came to see him… even though he doesn't like me for some reason…" she claimed, muttering the last part.
 

The man nodded and walked further into the room, placing his coat over the back of one of the chairs.
 

"He's told me about you," he claimed, a small smile on his face. "He said that you were peppy and loud."
 

Jeri's face went slightly pink from embarrassment and pouted, then gave the man an odd look. Seeing this, the man laughed and did a small bow to her.
 

"I am Kyuhyun's father, Cho Younghwan."
 

"O-omo! I-I'm sorry, I-I didn't know-"
 

He laughed and shook his head at her, dismissing the fact.
 

"Kyuhyun had told me that much, but from what Leeteuk and some of the others have told his mother, you sound like a very responsible… and happy girl," he claimed, looking over at his son.
 

Jeri's eyes softened and twiddled her thumbs, not quite sure what she could say after something like that.
 

"I was hoping, that since you were both the maknaes, that you could possibly be friends, despite your age difference…" Mr. Cho began, his own eyes softening.
 

Jeri's eyes widened slightly then smiled. "I'll do my best, not because you've asked me to… but because I wish for that too."
 

The man smiled and gave her a nod as he sat beside his son in the chair. Jeri quietly left, closing the door behind her so that father and son could be alone together. She looked through the small window in the door and smiled.
 

"I promise Cho Younghwan. I will abolish the wall that is separating Kyuhyun and I, because I really would like the opportunity to become one of his friends."
 

"Well that was truly heartwarming."
 

Jeri nearly jumped out of her skin and swung around to see Leeteuk standing behind her with a knowing smile.
 

"You scared me half to death!" she scolded.
 

"Only half?" he laughed, tilting his head to the side slightly.
 

Jeri rolled her eyes and went to walk around him when he placed his hand on her shoulder.
 

"Did you mean what you said? You really want to become friends with Kyuhyun?" he asked.
 

Jeri turned to look at him and nodded. "But I have no idea what… I mean… how do you try to break a wall of awkward between two people when one of them seems to be avoiding the other every chance he can?"
 

Leeteuk shifted into a thinking pose, raising his eyes to the ceiling. "I'm not sure, but I'm sure if we both think on it we'll figure something out," he said, bringing his eyes back down to the teen and smiling at her.
 

Jeri sighed but nodded, silently hoping that he was right. "I'm surprised that you managed to escape from the rabid nurses so quickly, I was sure I’d be going back to the dorm alone,” she claimed with a laugh.
 

Leeteuk snorted and walked over to place his hands on her shoulders. "I'm going to share a very deep and withheld secret with you Jeri-ah."
 

Jeri gave him a confused and slightly apprehensive look, but nodded slowly, not sure if she really wants to hear this so called secret..
 

“I’m Leeteuk of Super Junior~”
 

Jeri groaned at the horrible line and shoved him away from her by the shoulder as Leeteuk let out a round of his tell-tale laughter.

“Even Jun doesn’t say things that corny,” she groaned with a laugh.

“Well how else do you explain my being alive after an attack of that magnitude?” Leeteuk asked with a laugh of his own.

 

“I don’t know, maybe they realized the most super thing about isn’t your junior,” Jeri snickered, walking around him and down the hall.

Leeteuk took a couple seconds to actually comprehend what she’d just said, finding himself speechless.

“Ya you brat! Did you just sass me!?” Leeteuk barked, spinning around and giving her a baffled look.


Jeri simply looked back at him over her shoulder and grinned, making a peace sign with her fingers and continuing down the hall. Leeteuk couldn’t help but roll her eyes and follow after the youngster, happy to see that her depressed mood as of late was starting to lighten.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A quick update seeing as this chapter has technically been written up for a while, just changed a few things here and ther :)

Thanks for subscribing and following along with me as I attempt to bring you an even greater experience with Jeri and the gang~! Also guys, I'm not sure if you've seen it or not, but be sure to give me feedback on what I posted for the first "chapter", if you guys aren't interested then tell me and I won't do it, but I don't know how to interpret silence XD

 


Thank you to all subscribers as well as silent readers, and a special thanks to arandomperson and iheartbts for upvoting~!